To Capture His Eyes
For Rexanna <3
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Bastien

"Rexanna, my darling--" Bastien had said, as Rexanna mentioned she was stressed again (about so many things. Her position as Queen, the continuing recovery from Fiat Lux, this new thing with Samuel), "--Why don't we designate a day for a break? They will live without their Queen for one day. They managed for hundreds of years before."

Perhaps the only reason he'd been able to convince her was because of their relationship - he knew how important her duty to Sanctuary was to Rexanna. Yet she had agreed and so he had arranged a day of delights for his wife, one of his favourite things to do. When she had woken up there had been a bite for her as well as many kisses (perhaps it was not quite the way it had been before their Ascension, but with the intense rush of the bite's power, Bastien did not mind too much), then a lazy while laid simply talking, joking around.

When they finally meandered downstairs he had set up a bench on one end of the guildhall, and a desk with Rexanna's sketchbook a little ways from it. "You've been telling me lately how you wish you had more time to practice your drawings - well, here we are, and what better subject for you, than.." With a dramatic flourish, Bastien pulled off his clothes and laid on the bench, posing with his head rested on one hand and his legs artfully resting just off the surface. "...Your simply enticing husband?"

Let's pretend this song won't end
And we never have to go home
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
REXANNA
when the nighttime comes, say yes, say yes
An option to remain at home? To focus on something easier, that she was somewhat good at, to relax and simply enjoy and indulge in her husbands company? Of course she’s ready for it. She’s been waiting for it, without entirely realizing it. His company is always a welcome one, always comforting and soothing and everything she’s ever wanted. The lounging morning is easy and full of jokes and laughter and hums of delight with bites and kisses.

But she had mentioned that she wanted to at least try some things with the sketchbook, to work on it better and be able to maybe make a beautiful painting for him to display. That and it gets her into his interests as well, a double perk bonus of diving in and giving it her all, even if she wasn’t good at it. But he had set it up, and she finds herself amused and a bit better in terms of her mood as she sees what he’s planned.

Of course, with him as the star. She can’t contain the snicker that leaves her as she settles into her space, sketchbook in hand as she grabs a piece of charcoal and drinks him in. A giggle leaving her lips as she watches him take his clothes off, entirely dramatically. “There is no better subject, love.” She hums to him, grinning brightly, before settling in and working on trying to figure out the flow of his body, before she can start adding the shapes around it.

Her brows furrow together and she focuses on it relatively hard, swiping here and there, lips pursing to the side as she glances back to him, then back to the drawing, tilting her head. “Hm. What shape do you usually try for the hips?” She looks up to him, a hint of teasing in her tone, a sparkle of amusement to her eyes.
we can rule this world forever
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Bastien

"Oh, I know." Bastien laughed, putting a hand to his cheek, fingers stretched out gracefully, playing the part of a beautiful muse. Only the twinkle in his eyes would show his self awareness, the playing of all of it as an ironic joke; it was only those close to him that knew how much of his grandiose persona was a practised role.

He settled back into his position then, knowing that the best subjects for drawing were ones that didn't move that much. When he answered her question was with a small smile and little else, carefully keep his hands and eyes in the same place. "Well, that depends on whose hips I am trying to draw. Of course, if you'd like me to adjust--" Using his upgrade, Bastien increased the size of his hips, which probably looked pretty silly without an increase in the rest of him.

"I would advise you start with quick strokes before you get into the details...I think I'd said that to you before in different circumstances." He couldn't help it, he laughed at his dumb joke, shoulders shaking as he tried not to move any more than that.

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
REXANNA
His touch on her face brings her attention toward him with a cat-like smirk at the twinkle in his eye. But he settles into the position, and she begins to sketch it out and focus on him and her small little sketch before her eyes. “Who’s hips?” She teases him, sticking her tongue out at him before she focuses on him, watching as he adjusts the way his hips look and she finds her head tilting slightly.

But she follows along, starting with the quick strokes before details, trying to form the basic shapes before her fingers pause on the paper and she lets her verdant gaze slip toward him with a chime of a laugh. “Oh, but darling you know how much I love the details.” She winks to him, attempting to continue her sketch, a quiet hum of a snicker leaving her lips.

Maybe I can’t help it if I want to spend extra time on them.” She doesn’t look at him while she says this, she only settles a bit further down in her chair, pulling the sketchbook a bit further over her face to hide the smirk crossing her lips.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien

"Well, wouldn't you like to know." Bastien stuck his tongue out then, a surprisingly un-graceful action at the end of his smirking banter, unsure if she'd been teasing him for his incorrect language or his potential hip-drawing partners.

He saw her begin to draw with quick and fluid strokes, smiled at that. Just liked he'd taught her; to start with gestures and forms and a loose wrist. "There will always be time for the details after. Actually, speaking of, well, details.." Bastien laughed, raised one eyebrow. "It will soon be half a year since we wed. As gauche as it might be to celebrate such anniversaries, here I think it rather appropriate given the dangers of the world. Would you like me to ask Lily if we may rent her ah...special room, for the occasion?"

It was adorable, how she sank down and lifted her sketchbook up over her face. Bastien let his hips adjust back down to normal, for a while just held the pose. "Art is all about restrictions and limits, my dear. Challenge yourself. See me for the moment not as your husband, but as a collection of light and shadow, a beautiful object to be observed."

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
Bastien sticks his tongue out at her and she snickers slightly as she continues to work. But it does down as she focuses on the sketch, trying to keep her hand as fluid as possible and not dive straight into the details, pulling away to ensure she gets the full picture and outline before she focuses on trying to fix the minor mistakes in the perspective she’s done. Her gaze flits from her sketch to her husband, bright and vibrant and happy as he dives into some commentary.

Oh?” She asks, pausing with the sketch to peer at him from above the paper. A wicked smile crosses her face as she considers him, almost as though she could see it now – and if her cheeks could flush, they certainly would. “I think that’s a great idea.” She hums to him with a slightly smaller smirk to replace the smile. “What could we do for her to pay her for borrowing it for a night?” She asks, returning to her sketch.

She notices Bastien shift his hips back to normal and hold the pose, continuing on with the lesson. And she lifts her gaze once more to focus on him – but… not him, doing exactly as he says. And she notices the way the light filters off of the shape of his body, the way his muscle and cheekbones cast a shadow to the surrounding areas, the way his nose looks a small amount longer with how the shadow drags, and she returns back to add that in, brows scrunched as she works on blocking in a rough idea of where the shadows would go.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien

Bastien smiled as Rexanna told him she thought it would be a good plan, now excited for whenever he would be able to organise it. "Oh, I will find something. Perhaps decoration for her music hall, or...I did give her a singing tool, recently. One that amplifies and improves the voice of the performer. Perhaps I could ask this favour as a return." Besides, he was sure he and Rexanna were not the only Ascended whom asked for use of the room; perhaps there was already some kind of established price.

For a while he was content to be silent and studied, idly watching Rexanna draw as he thought of things that could be done to improve his Sanctuary - the ceiling was horribly drab, he realised, from his position laid over the couch. Maybe later he could ask his guild members to help him paint it in bright colours, so that each visitor could feel cradled in a womb of art (or...something like that).

"Do you think..." He eventually began to say, an idea coming to mind he'd played with every so often. "...well, I suppose you probably should not leave the Ground that often, being it's Queen, but...I was thinking it might be a good opportunity to go with our guild in the new place - ah - Torchline? Paint the beach, share our ideas. I do so miss the ocean."

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
The thoughts he offers her for what they could do in return for borrowing the room for a night causes her gaze to linger on his form, his figure, in other ways than just for drawing, a dark brow raised as she soaks him in before smiling in agreement. “That sounds lovely. Well, I could always make her something very nice to wear as well, maybe?” Because Lily was much like herself, from what Rexanna knew. To look good was to feel good, and that was really all Rexanna wanted for her friend.

But silence returns and she focuses back on the task at hand – her drawing, and she continues to sketch in little pieces here and there, focusing on large swabs of where the light comes in, where the shadows hit and stretch, blocking those in as she focuses on it hard enough that her tongue pokes out the side of her mouth, brows scrunched. Until he speaks again and breaks her out of her trance.

The idea of Torchline is a lovely one, and she practically beams to him. “I would love that. The sand beneath our toes, the moonlight...” She says, some amount of cheer in her voice. “I’d like to go to Halo, too, I think. Officially. Even if Zariah is there – I met Neron, you know. I think you’d like him, too.” She chimes, a beaming smile sent his way at that. Something they could both enjoy, even for a little bit, sharing a part of their past lives with one another for their new one.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien

"Well, I don't think anyone could refuse an outfit or trinket made by your talented hands." Bastien smiled, thinking back to many of the things Rexanna had wore or accessorised with in the last year, the way each had been carefully chosen to accentuate her natural beauty.

He could not help by laugh as her tongue poked out as she concentrated, wishing he could see what it was that had her so focused. "If I only I could draw you in this moment, dear." Bastien teased, changing as many of his facial features as he could to match Rexanna's for just a second, sticking out his tongue to mimic her expression.

The beach was indeed a dreamy idea and if Bastien closed his eyes he could see it -- Halo less so, but if Rexanna really desire it...well, he'd put up with the miserable mountains for a while. "Oh? What makes you think I'd like him? You must know I am not often fond of those from elite families."

Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
REXANNA
A wave of her hand is given toward Bastien at the comment, a slight smile crossing her face at the idea of it. She’d never grow used to the praise, she doesn’t think. Never get to a point where she might openly accept that the things she’s done are worthy of it. Perhaps that’s just her, in the end, and her uncertainty of what people want in the end.

But she keeps drawing, keeps focusing hard enough that her tongue sticks out of her mouth as she squints at the paper, until Bastien’s teasing catches her attention. She watches as he shifts his facial features to mimic hers for a brief moment and she giggles lightly to it. “I didn’t realize.” She answers honestly, having become too involved with the sketch to realize what she was doing.

But she agrees to Torchline, the beach and sands in exchange for a trip to Halo eventually. “He seems a bit different.” She muses thoughtfully, washing in a shade of more shadows to his neck and face, to get those cheekbones to pop a small amount more, before focusing on him again with a light smile. “He’s far less prudish than Zariah is, and it’s easy to hold a conversation with him.” Something that was truly surprising for her in the end.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien

"The beauty was in your lack of awareness." Bastien teased back, smiling to himself. As much as he was making fun of her, Rexanna still really was beautiful even with her tongue sticking out (or with mussed up hair, or when she was sleeping deeply with her mouth just a little open).

Her approval of Neron was a little surprising, but he accepted it, shrugged. Perhaps he would like the Warden - perhaps he would not. Either way, Rexanna's opinion was enough for the man's elite status to not matter too much in his initial judgement. "I don't know if prudish is the word I would choose for Zariah, though admittedly the ones I would choose are not appropriate for polite company."

Laughing, he languidly stretched himself out, curving his body over the edge of the couch. "Try a few different angles. When the historians want to know the shape of my buttocks, well, they will know."
{fin}