down where it's wetter
For Zidane
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
As Zidane asked his question, Amun’s eyes followed the other man's up to the mountain peak that towered over the town. For a moment, the potter considered it. Then he shrugged. "Nothing I have much interest in checking out." His voice came out a bit teasingly, and he shot Zidane a bemused look.

Amun moved further into the smaller market, making sure to keep his voice low enough that only Zidane could hear. "Considering it's a mountain that has a habit of spewing molten rock periodically, and considering that we are quite flammable beings, I don't imagine we'd mix very well at all." Indeed, the potter shot another glance at the volcano, wondering when it had erupted last.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Age: 57 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Valentine Offline
Change author:
MP: 305
ZIDANE
Even though Amuns words made a hell of a lot sense Zidane found himself still to be intrigued with the volcano. Sure he would probably end up exploding if he were unlucky but still.. very enticing. Sloooooowly he turned away his piercing eyes from the mountain as they walked to let them fall upon Amun again with a look that was hard to put a finger in identifying. It was some weird mix between maybe a hurt look and an understanding one. Hurt in the sense that he really wanted to investigate his first volcano in life but understanding in the sense that it would be bad for him.

He replied in the same low quality as Amun to make sure they were not overheard. "Well i would probably end up being a glowing dough after combusting but the volcano intrigues me none the less. Just a feeling really that i have to battle away. I mean; how many volcanos are there in Caido?" He met the eyes of a giggling group of women as he spoke and wasn't very comfortable with it. Had he still been non ascended he would probably acted like the casanova he had been but now days it was uncomfortable in MANY ways. Besides he had no trust placed anymore in the living kindred. Ignoring it he spoke again low to Amun in a more untypical way then he normally did. Mostly he was all business or gloom but he was indeed curious about an answer since he never really asked before. "Tell me.. Is there any love in your life?"
Don't mind me, I'm just marking my territory
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Amun shot Zidane a slight smirk. "Who knows? There's still a lot of land that we haven't explored yet. For all we know there are volcanos all over." Glancing at the mountain once again, the potter shrugged. "Again. As intrigued as you are, I hope you'll forgive me if I keep my distance." Indeed, he couldn't help the slight fear from creeping into his voice, though he managed to keep his grin.

The other man's question was surprising. "Depends what you mean by love, I guess. No lovers, if that's what you're asking, more's the pity." Amun gave Zidane a considering look. "How about you? You seeing anyone." Although the potter hadn't missed how the other man had ignored the giggling women, it was impossible for Amun to know why.
AMUN
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Age: 57 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ZIDANE
"It's okay, i understand. Not feeling ready to combust quite yet either. Though it's intriguing with a volcano none the less." He said honestly as he let his fingers touch a extraordinary fabric he hadn't seen before, sadly neither would his disguise so he couldn't, sadly, trade for it. Besides he had left his tradable at home since shopping wasn't really the goal today. But man, that was a well made fabric. He let his fingers leave it however as they were walking, the silky fabric leaving his grasp as his attention was fully at Amun as he spoke about his love life or.. lack of love life as it seamed to be. He didn't really know how he felt about hearing Amun was unattached since he wanted Amun to be happy with his life. How was it for him? Was he happy? And yet in some ways he was relieved? Let's be honest; there was almost nobody Zidane truly liked except the voice and Amun, he had toyed with the notion of exploring the possibilities but did not want to risk the VERY good friendship of theirs. Was it better to just.. not explore it?

As the question got turned around he couldn't help but to chuckle in a slightly amused way with a grin on his face. "Well to be honest i really just like you and The Voice. Makes it hard to form romantic notions when i don't trust anyone else. Besides; the situation with our race makes it a bit tricky as well." He said honestly and felt a bit relieved in sharing for once, he really normally didn't do that after all.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Zidane's continued commentary about the volcano caused Amun to chuckle. "As long as it remains interesting and not dangerous that'll be just fine by me." Indeed, he gave the other man an almost bemused look, though the potter's eyes were sharp as he took in the pattern of the fabric his fellow Ascended seemed to enjoy so much.

As Zidane revealed he only really felt comfortable with The Voice and Amun, the potter grinned. "Awww. Thanks buddy. I like and trust you too. And I'm happy to be included in the same sentence as The Voice, of course. " Reaching out, he gaze the other man an affectionate punch on the arm even though he couldn't feel it. "But I wouldn't worry too much. I've made friends with all the other races, so it's definitely possible." Amun's voice came out a shade brighter and more cheerful than it had before.
AMUN
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Change author:
ZIDANE
Zidane casted another glance at the volcano as Amun spoke about it before leaving it alone again. Yes who knew how long it will remain this harmless and serene. He rather not think about what would happen if it erupted while they were located in this part of the world. They would probably erupt themselves. "Yeah.." He said thoughtfully. There was probably though better to explode die than to slowly die.. right?

As Amun stated he both liked him and trusted him as well he couldn't do much more then give Amun the rare, genuine smile nobody else really saw. Sure; he could smile but normally his eyes didn't look the part but not as he was hanging with Amun however. Even those saddened, normal eyes of his got a trace of that long lost happiness when spending time with Amun. It disappeared quite quickly however as Amun mentioned other races and went back to that almost dead look again as the smile also vanished to get replaced by the regular, emotionless face of his. "I don't have much faith in other people.. They are all untrustworthy most of the time. Not as bad as the monsters but not to far off either"
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
They continued to make their way through the market. Amun stopped at a stall displaying particularly fine looking jewelry. His fingers drifting over the pieces, and when the shopkeep was distracted by another customer he pocketed a ring with an opal set into it, slipping it up his sleeve using his enhanced speed and the darkness of the night to hide his actions.

Then he moved on, whistling jauntily. As Zidane smiled, the potter grinned right back. It stayed there as the other man reiterated that he didn't trust others. "Aw come on, some of them are alright. When was the last time you had an extended conversation with a non-Ascended?" Amun shot Zidane a questioning look.
AMUN
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Change author:
ZIDANE
As Amun lifted the ring Zidane did nothing to stop him or arise suspicion towards them, just looked through the different goods at various stalls while once in a while looking at Amun innocently, just as they were casually chatting with each other were they went. Cause they were. The lifting of the jewelry was nothing that Zidane minded, he hadn't been quick enough to see exactly what he had lifted but didn't mind it either way. If Amun found something he liked then why would he complain? It was not like they had their pockets full of tradable goods to trade for it anyhow.

As the question came at him he furrowed his brow as he needed to think about it. It didn't happen a lot after all since Zidane had trust issues like no other. "Well, i got disturbed by twins in the forest. Can't say it was much conversation going on however since i didn't want to be disturbed anyhow. So other then that i guess i haven't had an extended conversation with a none ascended since i myself became one." Which said a lot considering he was 50 by now. People had always hurt him after all, either intentionally or unintentionally. His beloved family dying had been the point for him he could never get over. If you got attached to someone they would perish which was something he feared would happen to Amun, it had gone that far after all. He really liked Amun and if he would perish as well.. what would he do then? As that thought struck him he all of a sudden looked gloomier then usual, mumbling in that low voice that nobody else but Amun could hear. "I can't handle more loss.. And it terrifies me since the possibilities are endless."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun raised his eyebrows at Zidane's story. "What twins?" There were a couple sets the other man could be talking about, but obviously the potter was confused about which one.

Still, Zidane's admission that he hadn't spoken to non-Ascended in quite a while caused Amun to frown slightly. "Wait, so other than me, who do you talk to?" He shot the other man a concerned glance, though it quickly turned into a grin. "If that's the case, I'll have to introduce you to some of my other friends." The potter was positively elated at the possibility.

As Zidane revealed he was worried about losing more people, Amun's expression became a bit more sympathetic. "Loss is sadly a part of life, I'm afraid. But it's preferable to loneliness, in my opinion." He shrugged. "Luckily, I can introduce you to some tough folks who can take care of themselves."
AMUN
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Change author:
ZIDANE
Zidane couldn't help but to chuckle slightly amused over Amuns question and shrugged just as amused. "I have no idea, i don't believe i asked for their names. It was one woman and one man however if that helps anything, i really don't know how many twins are around hallowed grounds" Yeah it kinda said a lot that he hadn't even bothered learning their names, a lot in the sense on how he tried to avoid springing up connections.

As he asked another question Zidane met his eyes in a bit serious way to let the seconds fly away in silence a bit before answering. "i don't really. Not more than whats needed at least." He didn't know how he felt about his own shying away nature or how others would see it. It was stressful enough the mere notion of something happening to Amun, if he had more to worry about it would probably drive him insane. As Amun stated he would have to introduce him to some other people Zidane felt a bit of an awkward feeling in his gut. More people huh? "Must admit that notion scares me a bit.. Not the people themselves but the matter if i find myself appriciating their company.."

He felt a bit out of place again and raised his one hand to place it over the closest eye as he closed his vision for a bit. Loss was such a ridiculous concept, he so wanted to not care about it and yet he seamed to have no choice as his heart had turned into a rattling pouch of shards during the years. "I.. feel like i'm jinxed. People tend to stay alive longer if i keep away from them, if you haven't noticed yet i'm a bit of a mess" He stated honestly while lowering his hand again and opening those piercing eyes. "I am so close to breaking and i don't enjoy that feeling at all."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun smirked a little. ”I can think of at least two sets.” Shooting Zidane a considering glance, the potter tilted his head. ”How old were they? And did they talk funny and ask lots of questions and write down your answers?”

At the other man's admission, Amun's eyes widened in surprise. "Aw come on. You gotta put yourself out there, no matter how scary it is." Although he was sympathetic to Zidane, the potter found himself shaking his head a little.

"You're not jinxed. Caido is. This place is dangerous. What I think you're missing is that those people you're worried about losing? They'll probably die whether or not you're part of their lives." Amun found that he'd stopped walking. "But I think it's better to be a part, and to celebrate their life rather than fear for their death."
AMUN
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Change author:
ZIDANE
"They where babies.. maybe late teens and kept finishing each others sentences." Zidane stated. Yes for someone at 50 years of age teenagers were indeed babies no matter how you saw it. Hell he was probably already 30 when they were born after all. As Amun told him to put himself out there Zidane almost felt a sense of panic fill him. Out there? Where people he cared about died lift and right? It was much easier and a way less painful if strangers died after all.

He kept on listening however since Amun normally helped him come out of his shell a bit and actually was the one person who's opinions really mattered to him. As Amun stopped walking so did he, looking at Amun in a way that was hard to pin out what he was thinking about. Amun made sense to him as always, even though he failed to see the point in it all in a way. His main goal in existence was to lay waste to the LongNight monsters so everything else came second and the thought of how long he had to go before being able to waste them was as well depressing. Sadly there was very few things that Zidane didn't feel was depressing.

With that he sighed a bit, closed his eyes as he rubbed his one temple. Didn't really know how to answer. "I just.. fail to see the point i guess. I really have just one goal and when that goal is completed i really don't have much else to live for. I just fail to see how relationships will work if everybody just dies and makes the mission so much harder.. But maybe you are right, it wouldn't kill me to have something else to live for"
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun smirked as Zidane explained a few more details about the twins. "Ah, yes, I know them." Leaning forward, the potter dropped his voice to conspiratorial whisper. "They're not my favorite people either." He winked at the other man, since that was their little secret.

Although Amun eye Zidane a bit cautiously, the potter relaxed when the other man began speaking again. ”What’s the point?” The question came out teasingly, and Amun grinned.

"What's the point of our friendship? It makes you feel good? Don't know that you need to have much more reason than that." He reached out to give the other man a playful shove. "I agree. Might make your life a little more worthwhile. After all, you're going to need something to do after you kill the monsters" There was no doubt in Amun's voice that Zidane would succeed eventually.
AMUN
Zidane Rift
Tinkerer

Change author:
ZIDANE
Zidane couldn't help it; he chuckled over Amuns secret statement and nodded. He hadn't really enjoyed being disturbed by them when collecting his gift especially since they had thought he had done so to kill off the fireflies. Which indeed had not been the case. He listened to Amuns statement further and ALMOST felt bad to hear that it indeed were true. Their friendship had given him a lot after all and if someone would ever think about hurting Amun he would have to rip their spine out and shove it down their throats. He wasn't even kidding. "Well.. you are hard to not like so it kind of happened quicker then i was able to stop it." He stated but gave the other man a grin to show that he really didn't mind it anymore. Sure back then he had been in utter panic as he noticed how fond he was for Amun but after seeing a point of no return he have had to accept it all. It was to late to not like Amun.

"And i suppose.. Between us i had planned on just perish after my job is done. To complete my lifespan fully as i have gotten my revenge. But.. maybe things will change huh?"
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3