torchline rules, halo drools (Open)
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
our sins are washed away
Saiden had not heard those stories, as evidenced by the confused expression on his face. However, it seemed like Jiao might be joining the crew, so they'd have plenty of time to trade tales. "Well I look forward to hearing all about it." He gave her an easy smile.

"Awww Captain, I didn't know you cared. Or that you thought I looked good enough to be a statue." There was obviously a teasing tone to his voice, but it was clear he was touched by Jack's statement. "Thanks for the compliments. Both of you." Indeed, he gave them a brilliant grin.

At the Fae's question, the cook laughed brightly. "Captain wouldn't have offered if he wasn't willing to take you on. He's good like that. And very good to his crew." Despite their personality clashes, even he would admit that the captain truly did care about the Ark and its sailors.

Then the Hali gave her a considering look. "Well, life on the Ark is anything but boring. I gotta ask, though what do you eat?" Although he knew this wasn't the time or place, if the Fae ate something weird, it might take him a while to hunt down the ingredient.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
I’m not an artist I’m a fucking work of art
Tulmhainar, Afanc, Morgen... Jack didn't really care beyond the curiosity that came with a need for new and interesting tales on long voyages. And it sounded as though Jiao knew about them in detail - and Saiden definitely wanted to know - so it could fucking wait as far as he was concerned. Snorting at the Fae, Jack raised an eyebrow at Saiden. "He barely dresses at all," he said, as if wondering what 'cool captain' image she had in her head. "An' if only you were silent as a statue, eh?" This he said to Saiden, along with a lopsided grin.

That Jiao asked to join was better than he could have hoped. Yes, yes, there was another woman on board, but... hey, whatever. The Fae could fly. That was useful (especially when needing to deposit goods and not leave bastard footprints on the sand). "Now that's a fine idea," he said, like it had been hers all along. "I assure you madam - life on The Ark is anything but borin'."

With that he headed away, intent on giving her said tour of the ship. Saiden would, presumably, talk her ear off the entire way as well.
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
JIAO
Well, these men were deeply unfamiliar with her culture, abrasive and seemed like they had good stories. Jiao had wanted to branch out, change her life - this was probably the way to do it, at least for a while (after all, she had always lived with the philosophy that if she did not like something, she would simply leave).

Having easily been accepted on the ship as was right for a woman of her ability and impressiveness, Jiao grinned and followed Jack, eager for the tour. "I wanna see a really big fish soon, okay?" She declared as they set off, the first of many such demands.
But I still love you tearing me up at the seams
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
our sins are washed away
Grinning at Jack, Saiden winked, halfway between flirty and friendly. Reaching up with a hand, he mimed locking his lips and throwing away the key. Contrary to popular belief, he could take a hint, and if staying quiet got the Captain to like the cook, he was quite willing to be a silent partner in their enterprises.

Indeed, he padded behind Jiao and the other man without saying a word, like a big stupid puppy. However, that didn't mean the Hali wasn't listening intently. In fact, he was hanging on to every word out of both of their lips, though he resolved to talk to follow up with Jiao properly later. For now, he just let out a laugh at her desire to see a big fish, before looking guiltily over at Jack. Still, the tour continued without further incident or interjection.

At least, nothing further from the cook.

-FIN