time after time I think it's just no good
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Loren’s eyes search Sam’s features. ”Too busy for her friends?” Subconconnciously, the healer reached out to rub the ring Rexanna had given him, which he wore under the glove. "It' fine. I was just...hoping she'd been serious about her friendship." He shrugged, more than willing to drop the conversation.

At least the Ascended's clear enthusiasm was enough to lift the Launceleyn's spirits. "We can sit and listen for a while. Come one." He held out his hand for the other man to take. Whether or not Sam did, Loren would lead them to a table that was slightly out of the way. Seeing as they weren't here to participate, the healer wasn't going to enter the circle.
look at how a single candle can both
defy and define the darkness
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SAMUEL
i am the ocean, crawling madly at your moon.
and with one wanton whoop —
"..Mm." Sam had nothing else to say about Rexanna, not knowing her motives or reasons, if there even were any, for her not speaking to Loren as he mourned.

He eagerly took Loren's hand, having been looking for a chance or excuse to do so most of the time they'd been walking around; sitting next to him and not letting go, Sam leaned forward onto the table with his other arm to listen, clearly fascinated with what he was hearing. For the moment he allowed himself not to make notes, just to enjoy the tales as they came, drink in the new knowledge and legends.

Once he had been listening for a while, long enough for the speaker to have changed a few times, he leaned back and squeezed Loren's hand. "We could...see somewhere else now, if you'd like. I'll come back with my papers later." He didn't want to keep Loren there for too long, not when the trip was likely more for his benefit and he knew that they had plans for later (that he was admittedly excited for). "Oh - could you show me the Palace?"
— i melt into a sycophantic soup,
& all that's left to do, is giggle, fawn, and swoon.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LOREN
It was a bit of a surprise when Sam held on to Loren’s hand, but definitely not an unpleasant one. He squeezed the Ascended’s fingers as well, before they went to sit down. As they listened, the healer sipped from the flask. By the time the other man had his fill of stories, the Launceleyn had emptied it.

”You might want to just listen, and write down what you remember later. Or ask if they’re okay with you taking notes, and explain why.” It was a quiet suggestion. Honestly, he didn’t know how the storytellers would react to some writing down their tales, but it was almost certainly better to ask.

Grinning a bit wolfishly at the redhead’s request to see the Palace, Loren nodded. ”I sure can.” Tucking the flask in his pocket, he stood to pull Sam to his feet. Then the healer would lead the other man out of the lodge and towards the Palace at the heart of the Citadel.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SAMUEL
i am the ocean, crawling madly at your moon.
and with one wanton whoop —
Sam paused at Loren's suggestion but nodded after, thinking he'd make sure to ask. "I hadn't considered they might not like it...thank you. I'll keep it in mind." He did not always have the best of memories, so ideally he'd like to able to record as the historians spoke, but he would respect their wishes if they asked him not to.

Smiling back to Loren he rose to follow him out into the Citadel. Still holding onto his hand if the Launceleyn would allow it, Sam found himself giddly excited for a couple of reasons. He'd never gotten to see a real life palace before, had only read about them as backdrops in fantastical stories. That, and he knew once they got to the Palace, Loren likely had a room there...he squeezed the mans hand, ready to see the crown jewel of the Citadel.
— i melt into a sycophantic soup,
& all that's left to do, is giggle, fawn, and swoon.
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Loren nodded at Sam's agreement. "Good." Then the healer grinned a little. "And maybe if you bring them an appropriate gift they'll be more receptive to letting you take down their stories." Although he didn't know what an appropriate gift might be, he figured that it couldn't hurt.

Still holding hands, he led the Ascended out of the lodge. Once outside, the Launceleyn tugged the other man through the streets of the Citadel. The Palace was at the very heart of the city, and it loomed larger and larger as they approached. Loren found himself grinning as they got closer and closer, anticipation thrumming through his veins.

-FIN