but I can't swim
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
i sailed seas of emotion to wander a forest of scars
i am a dance of light and darkness
"First of one, I hope." She grimaces, shaking her head and regretting it immediately as the world spins again. Pushing herself up onto her elbows, Amalia turns to squint up at Sunjata. The comment feels very much like Adam, she has to admit. "The first time we met he offered to pay me back for feeding him by making out. I don't think I'd ever been propositioned by a stranger before."

Sitting up fully, Amalia leans forward into a nimble stretch. Her nose nearly touches the ground as she sighs, trying to work the pain from her tumble out of her spine. "Did you know he was married? To a rich girl, Hella, Hedy... something like that. I don't know much about rich people and fancy courts, but it doesn't sound like Adam's scene."
a galaxy of shadows and stars
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
i have seen what the darkness does
say goodbye to who i was
When Amalia turns to look at him, he offers a quiet chuckle to the comment of ‘first of one, I hope’. He can’t blame her, it never quite seemed like her style anyway. Especially if this was any indication, but he keeps his tongue held tight within, keeping the words from falling off when she comments about what Adam had told her when they had first met. “Oh.” Sunjata chuckles a bit louder here, head tilting as the grin finds his face.

He can see it, it sounds immensely like Adam.

As she sits up fully and stretches out, he focuses back out on the waves as they roll idly against the beach. A small nod is given at the mention of the man being married, but when she mentions not knowing much about rich people and fancy courts, Sunjata hums a quiet sound beneath his breath. “I don’t think it was, really, but I can still see him there somewhat.” He agrees with a small smirk. “I came from a rich family and a fancy court. It’s not all it’s cracked up to be. But to have some man swaggering about would’ve been prime entertainment.” A small shake of his head before he looks over to Amalia with a gleam of amusement to his gaze, the same passing through the Attuned bond.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Oh. Of course he came from some wealthy noble family. Amalia can't help the raised eyebrow and slightly derisive snort: "That explains a lot." All of the Shield's experiences with nobility has made her truly believe in their oppressive levels of entitlement and self importance.

Rising back up, Amalia raises her knee and places her elbow on it, hand on her palm as she turns to Sunjata. "Why do Outlanders think they're so very special, anyway? Always getting in trouble, acting like they know everything. Is it because you're all noble, whatever that means?" She's earnest in her questioning, letting loose a barrage of legitimate curiosity. "Do you even know why you're here? In Caido, I mean."
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
”That explains a lot.” He’s half tempted to ask what, but he knows better. He might be drunk, but he knows better than to ask for her to clarify, sure she means the mention of his upbringing. Though while he tries to keep himself fairly reserved all things considered, there are those lingering imprints of his father that span and appear regardless of how much he pushes it down.

She rises back up, and he looks back over to her as she turns to him. The question of nobility has him shaking his head. “No, not all of us.” He comments easily, swiftly. “Phoebe wasn’t.” But he runs a hand through his hair before sighing about the whole idea of what nobility was. “Noble has a few different meanings, but in my case it means my father was the king of our… Land I guess. I was supposed to run it after.” A shrug. “I didn’t stay that way, though. I joined a rebellion to try and take my father down.” A brow raises to her as he looks away and back to the sky to contemplate her next question.

All I know is Maea told me I was like… A copy, I guess? Something about helping the voice remove the barrier, but I arrived after it had already fallen.” He turns his head back toward her. “Other than that? No idea.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Phoebe wasn't? "Huh." She's surprised, but then again, nobility doesn't really seem to mean all that much in the end. He doesn't answer her questions about their collective sense of entitlement, but she's quick to forget for the moment, which is good - always stubborn, Amalia is likely enough to be a belligerent drunk.

So he was a noble child and didn't like it and rebelled, or something. "What was your plan for after the rebellion? Once you, y'know, changed everything fundamentally. Did you stick around to make sure it didn't all fall apart?" Probably not. She doubts Sunjata to be the sort of man who picks up the pieces after the fight, but then again, she's biased.

A copy, yeah, that's what Maea had said, and it's the least interesting part of it in her mind. "The Voice brought the Outlanders here to destabilize things. So it'd be easier for her to escape and take power and rule the world, or whatever she wants. The barrier going down? That's not the end. People think the fight is over, but it's just beginning."
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
Her question of whether or not he planned on changing everything fundamentally has him chuckling quietly, nodding and running a hand through his hair as he remains with his forearms braced against the top of his knees. “I would’ve.” He explains at first, shoulders rising and falling. “But we didn’t get that far. I had… Journals, written, of every law that I would change to revamp the entire system. And at first I thought about waiting until it was my turn to do it but I caught wind of the resistance and jumped into it quickly. Only… My girl and I were captured. My father killed her and tried to get me to break down and follow suit with him. It was either remain or die from her father.” His gaze slips over toward Amalia with a shrug. “So I took my sister and we left. The resistance did the rest.

But he settles in his explanation to listen to her expanse on what Maea had told him – humming quietly in understanding of the idea of destabilizing. It’s a thought that he hadn’t quite… Had, before. And it causes him to nod, frowning lightly when she mentions it’s just the beginning. “So what do you think we should do, then? Try to prevent it, or deal with whatever comes next?” A raise of his brow toward her.
SUNJATA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Passionate drunk rambling is a new field for Amalia, but one she takes to with gusto. Given permission by Sunjata to continue, the baker straightens up, utterly oblivious to how ineloquent she is, how ridiculous she appears.

"The... The real danger now is complacency. And forgetting about the Voice and what she did. It's easy to be like, oh hey, cool, portals! But there was a, a war before because people didn't realize what she was doing until it was too late." Amalia shakes her head, stopping abruptly as the world spins.

Running a hand through a stray lock of hair, the Shield looks back up at the sky. "Maybe I should stop coming here," she muses softly, clearly unhappy with this idea.
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
Somehow, deep down, he finds Amalia’s drunk ramblings quite amusing – and it’s a struggle in his own buzzed mind to keep giving her his full attention when he wants to hum a small amount of laughter with her at the stumbling and seriousness. But he doesn’t, somehow, quietly thanking Safrin for it, before he nods. “Maea mentioned that the storms around Caido won’t go away until all the portals are open.”  He rumbles, frowning slightly as he shifts on the sands, legs drawing up to wrap his arms around.

So. Do we try to prevent more portals from opening and deal with the restraint of these four places? Or quietly prep alongside them as they rally?” An avian tilt of his head to that. “Honestly, I don’t think there’s a way to truly stop the Ascended from opening the portals. There’s no way we know how they are in the first place.” A quirk of his brow.

He’s working with Wessex on this very thing, and even he still doesn’t know how it works.
SUNJATA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
A lot of questions for which she has no answer. Flopping down onto her back, Amalia spreads her arms wide in a quasi-shrug, eyes back on the spinning, starry sky. "I don't think there is either," the Shield admits. "Some of us, we're supposed to be portal guardians and stop them from opening - or stop people from dying when they open?" She shakes her head on the sand.

"The Ascendeds keep going to new places and seeming cool and nobody remembers how terrible they are. How much terrible stuff the Voice did. That there was a war." Eyes falling closed, Amalia sighs. "Everything has a cost, and nobody likes to think about how they have to pay it."
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
A frown crosses his face when she announces she doesn’t think there is a way either. So he figures it might be best to fight on their terms – to open up all the portals and get whatever backing they can for the next fight in the end. Because regardless, it would happen. As Amalia mentions Portal Guardians, however, the frown deepens and he reaches up to run a hand through his hair. “I’d suggest the people over the portals. They can’t feasibly expect you to sit at every portal or try to figure out where the next one shows up, can they?” A raise of his brow.

But as she goes on about Ascended, Sunjata shrugs his shoulders lightly. He likes plenty of Ascended he’s met, he has no ill will toward them even with the blight. “It might be easier to prepare to pay than to try and prevent it at all.” It’s not the answer she seeks, but he can’t understand how it would work to try and prevent everything. Especially when none of them know the Ascended well enough to figure out how it works with opening portals.
SUNJATA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
People over portals makes sense, but if they're tied together so inexorably... Amalia sighs, shaking her head, clearly at a loss. But it's his next response that irritates her, makes her blink and frown a little, eyebrows pulled together. "Is it?" Is it really better to prepare for bloodshed than to prevent it in the first place?

Of course, Sunjata wouldn't feel that way. He's a killer, after all.

Abruptly the Shield sits up again, as though just now realizing where she is, what she's doing. Her body hurts from the tumble earlier, and she can feel nausea beginning in the pit of her stomach. "I should go home," she announces, thoroughly unconvinced she will actually be able to make that journey with any amount of success. "Get out of your hair. Figure... figure out my shit."
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
Of course, it’s no surprise that he confuses her with it. His gaze follows her as she blinks at his response, brows furrowing together. But yes, to Sunjata it makes far more sense. Easier to know what you’re dealing with rather than preparing for every possibly outcome. But he doesn’t have the words in him to say it, not as she sits up abruptly and he wonders if the world spins for her too.

Her announcement is granted with a slight wave of his hand. “Good luck.” He half rumbles, mostly to the figuring out her shit. He doubts they’d be able to get out of each other’s hair for long. Still, the trek home would be an adventure and he wonders whether or not she’d be able to manage it… But at the end of the day it isn’t his problem, and so he sits up as well – a bit slower, shifting to his macaw form of blue feathers and a hooked beak, squawking a goodbye before departing.

- FIN
SUNJATA