all my sleeves are stained red
Nate
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
MAEA
She tilted her head slightly and considered him. Grazed her lip with her teeth unconsciously, to scratch an itch. "Sounds to me like you just don't consider the consequences of your actions, before you do something," Maea suggested, not unkindly. "And in the moments you do... the temptations of the present weigh heavier than any repercussions they may bring."

He reached out a hand for her again, and though she thought to pull away, Maea permitted the small touch. Perhaps he was just one of those people, who couldn't keep their hands still. Had to do something... she could relate to that. Though... so far she kept the touching to her own self. The light touch of Nate's fingers shifting her hair made goosebumps rise along the skin of her neck, down the shoulders; she averted her gaze quickly, frowning at her own reaction.

"Well... maybe you need to throw your name around more," she suggested, her tone a little less certain than before. "Or... I don't know. Pick a subject to immerse yourself in. Caido is big, and interesting. There is much to discover... much that's been lost to time." Like the origins of his own race, for example.

Speaking of safety nets had her shrug slightly, something vulnerable coming into the line of her mouth. Maea kept her eyes on the road, the winding path he chose all so very well know to her; it was impossible for her to get lost here. "I had one... but it's mostly gone now. There's a few people I can rely on still... but they're not the same as before. It's scary, isn't it? Never knowing if anyone will bother to help if things go wrong..." Intentional screwups and stupid mistakes aside, sometimes things happened that were just beyond your control. To have no one in times like those... Maea knew she was fortunate to still have someone.

"You're not alone, you know?" She looked back at Nate, her half smile a little shy, plenty soft. "You have friends. At least two that I know of for sure... I think you could rely on them, if you wanted to." And she wasn't just talking about finding the way back from the Fields. There were other ways to get lost, where some help and guidance might be in order.
I'm bleeding out for you
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
Maea’s words made almost too much sense, we’re almost too applicable. Nate couldn’t do anything more than hmmm, a little unhappily, and nod. It almost felt like a victory, when her gaze tore away from his own, though he remembered belatedly the effect of his touch and pulled his hand away, guilt rising in his chest. He needed to be a little more conscientious of that.

”I’m sure I’ll find something. I’ve got all the time in the world to do whatever I want now, after all.” Nate chuckled softly, looking ahead of them, down the unfamiliar path. ”I’ve just got to get past this part. Adjust properly.”

The shrug drew Nate’s gaze back towards his companion, his face softening in response to her honesty, her vulnerability. The grin on his face was warmer now, and his fingers twitched, wanting to reach out to squeeze her shoulder, but managing to resist the urge this time. ”It is scary.” He agreed, trying to find words of reassurance when she beat him to the punch. A cynical voice in Nate’s head tried to deny the words, the friends, but something else in his chest fluttered, begged him to believe her words. ”I’m... glad I’ve got people to keep an eye on me now.”

”You know, you’re not alone either. We’re friends, I’ll... I’ll do whatever I can to help you out.” Nate nodded again, most of his usual easiness sapped away by the strangely serious tone of the conversation, though in its stead there was a warm comfort radiating from him. He would be content to spend the rest of the walk in silence though, his quota for personal conversations more than filled for the day. And eventually, Nate would rely on her to lead him back home.
You are a stranger here, why have you come?
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Maea
And I hope that you don't suffer
But take the pain
"I'm sure you will," she replied. And by the way she said it, the bright smile she offered him, there was no doubt that Maea believed it. She had the utmost faith in his ability to fix any problem, if he only cared enough to try.

Sensing his desire to reach out again, and realizing that he held back - for her sake? - the young woman gave Nate a lopsided grin. Quietly, she reached out her hand and caught his. Impossibly small and unusually warm in his big hand, she gave it a gentle squeeze and would hold it for as long as he allowed. Sealing the deal of their friendship - however awkward the beginning of it might be - and kept walking with him as long as he felt like it.

"And I'll do the same for you," she promised. Warm and bright. Finally at ease, with a giddy content settling within her bones.

Nothing else needed to be said. So Maea let the silence speak for her, of trust and comfort and camaraderie, until the night paled and the path turned towards home.

------------

- FIN <3
Hope if everybody runs
You choose to stay
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦