Lost but found with you
Sunjata <3
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
You're so cold
but you feel alive
"Yes, I'm fine." His concern was appreciated, though perhaps not wholly necessary. Her smile said as much - but Maea was still grateful for the slower pace and the chance to get her wind back, to cough out the closeness of her throat and enjoy the arm he wrapped around her. She couldn't seem to be close enough to him, always eager to touch, to invade his space and draw his attention. Now that she could, was allowed to, supposed to.

"I bet people are harder to catch than rabbits... What did you do with them once you 'got' them?"

She waited until they'd found a good spot before she stopped. At the far end of the clearing was a small creek, its waters flowing too swiftly to freeze even in these temperatures. Animal tracks were frequent here, skirting along tree trunks and between drifts, and Maea pointed out a few that looked like hare, and another set that implied birds; perhaps Ningo, perhaps something else about the same size.

"A good place is on the path to water, and around their dens," she explained. Measuring out some of the cord, she pulled the simple knife he'd given her from the shaft of a boot and cut it off, then tied a simple sliding knot on one end of it. "Not right by it, where they are most cautious, but nearby, where they have to pass. The trick is to keep your scent off the trap, and to make sure the noose is set right."

Picking the hair tracks, she found a cluster of low-hanging branches where the activity had been both frequent and recent. Forcing one of the branches down and pinning it in place with a rock, she continued to set the trap, tied the leather noose to the branch and set up a trigger, so that anything caught within would be jerked upwards by the releasing branch. With any luck, the hare would have its neck broken by the snap. And if not, well... at least it would hang, preventing a slow death.

"Also, it's important to never leave the traps unchecked for too long," she said, and came back to Sunjata. "Or you get your catch taken by some predator.

"Here, you try."
She handed him the cord with a smile, and indicated the bird tracks.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
don't you know i'm no good for you?
Once they got them? Well, he’s quiet for a moment before he offers her a small smile. “We’d take them to the prison, judge whether they were guilty or innocent of the crimes against them, and punish them for it if they were proven guilty.” A small shrug to that. The punishment went a variety of it, anything from imprisonment to murder, and it was all what his family had a hand in, what he was supposed to do. Be the Judge, the jury, the executioner if need be.

But he lets the thoughts lie where they are, nodding to her when she explains the best way to trap. He watches her curiously, sees how she does it and makes a mental note to keep it in mind. And he follows her as she sets it up, sees how it works, how it’ll be set up to be unable to be scented and crept upon. But he moves away as soon as she manages to finish it, moving back toward the center where their things sit.

She hands him the cord and he hums a quiet chuckle at it. “Alright.” He thinks he’ll be terrible at it, but it’s worth a shot at least. So he takes the knife he’d given her, follows the motions, and then goes to a separate trail to set the trap to cover more paths. He follows the way she’d pulled a branch down, pinned it, set it up there before he returns to her with a glimmer of that roguish charm within his stormy gaze. “So how long do we wait?” A brief pause. "And where?"
i've learned to lose, you can't afford to
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
"Oh, I see." Not a subject she was keen to delve into, and not one he seemed inclined to pursue further at the moment. Maea let the matter drop, and focused on the traps instead.

She let him at the task without comment. If she saw things that could be improved upon or adjusted, she would save it for later, to let him learn for himself just as he taught her. Action and reaction. Seeing his expression once he was done and came back to her, the hint of ease and return of his usual self, made her breathe a bit easier and she gave him a grin.

"Out of sight, far enough away that they won't hear or smell us. We could find a place to settle in, make a fire and have some lunch... then check the traps and make our way back to the portal. Sound fair?" Hopefully not too much could go wrong in that time. Maea wanted this to be a good trip, an uneventful foray to act as padding on his bruised and bleeding impressions of this place. Even though it wasn't her home, she could easily learn to love Halo just as much as he loved Torchline and the sea.

She led them away and kept her eyes open for a good camping spot, twisting the coil of leather between her hands. A little smile began to play on her lips, and after a while Maea looked up at Sunjata, something mischievous in her eyes.

"You know... now that I think of it, we never finished that lesson of yours. On how to get out of tight spots." She flicked the thin cord between her fingers, wiggling it at him, an eyebrow rising. Recalling what they'd been doing last time ropes had been involved.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
He listens to her instruction on where and how long they are to wait for something to happen, and he nods to her with the result of waiting, the result of lunch despite the fact that Halo leaves him far less hungry than usual – far more likely to crave a drink and a cigarette rather than think about consuming food of all things. But he follows her anyway, a hum of a laugh leaving him. “Sure.” He’s never been quite good at waiting around for something to happen, far too impatient for it.

But he walks with her as she leads them, gaze remaining ahead to see where she might choose, until he can feel her gaze on him and he tears his stormy gaze away from the path they’re following, to see the glint of mischief in her gaze, hears the words that leave her lips, looks down to item she has in her hands, and he chuckles quietly to that. A light smirk crosses his face and he pulls her close, head tilting slightly.

Is that so?” A quiet hum, the gleam to his eyes shifting toward something else. His voice drops a bit lower, gaze flitting about her face with that same quiet smirk. “How tight of a spot are you thinking?” An amused purr leaving his lips as he slips the cord from her hands to hold it in his gloved ones, a brow raised as he searches her face again.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
It caught his attention, alright. Her smile widened into a grin as he reached for her to pull her close, and take the rope. Her stomach fluttered as something in his gaze changed, the quiet amusement in his tone telling her enough about his interest in this new task that she kept it up.

"Oh, I don't know," she said with a very innocent look on her face. "Suppose for a moment that I find myself alone in the woods with some strange rogue, holding rope in his hands and a very salacious look about him...

"I'd call that a bit of a tight spot, wouldn't you? However should I deal with it...?"

Reaching up on her toes in mid step, Maea aimed to press a quick peck of a kiss to his jaw and then quickly ducked out from his grip, laughing as she began to run away through the snow, fast as she could. Dappled sunlight streaming down through the evergreen canopy made her white hair gleam, the braid bouncing over the fabric of the black shawl with each step. In the deep snow she couldn't get away very fast, but it was a brave attempt.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A sly innocent look crosses her face but it doesn’t entirely phase him, he can see through it rather easily. He wrings the rope within his hands, steel gaze following her as she gives him a story, involving what inevitably is happening here but in a more fairytale sort of way. His lip quirks slightly and he cocks his head to her consideringly. “Strange rogue?” He repeats, waiting for an explanation only to watch as she darts away in the snow after planting a kiss to his jaw.

A hum of amusement leaves him at that. “Hmm.” A smirk before he shifts to his avian form, rope right in his talons as he takes to the sky above the snow, aiming to barrage her. He flies around before her, to end up at the front of her before pushing back slightly, a small barrage in the attempts of knocking her off balance to have her fall back into the snow.

If he does, he aims to go down with her, shifting back into himself along the snow, that same smirk to his face as before. “I’d dare to say I’ve caught you.” He purrs with amusement, gaze gleaming with the reflection of the sun on the snow.
SUNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
Perhaps she might have hoped for some actual chasing. To get some distance between them before he could catch up. But she should have known he wouldn't pass up a chance to use the wings if he got one. Unfortunately, it wasn't all that hard to catch up, or to knock her over. Between the deep snow and the wind and his large avian form, her balance was quickly overtaken and the girl went down into the snow, laughing. Thrilling with giddy nerves as she found herself trapped beneath his human form.

"Wicked rogue," she accused him with a little grin, eyes glittering in wicked delight. Scooping up a handful of loose snow, she threw it at him, hoping to dust his face with the glittering powder as she tried to wriggle out from under him, maybe get another chance at escape.

Drifting trails of the snow hung like crystals in the air for a breath, before the errant winds caught it and created shimmering swirls and eddies, imagined currents of some magical sea. It caught in her hair, in the long pale eyelashes; she didn't care, too enraptured by the play of light and shadows in his steely gaze. The blue of it had come out more vividly than usual, and she was all but drowning in it.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A smirk crosses his face as he keeps her down in the snow, planting himself to keep her there. And the snow that she tosses at him catches on the side of his face, glittering and lingering in his eyelashes and scruff to his beard as he peers down at her. He wasn’t going to let her go, however, and instead his gaze is a bit more focused – seeing the light glittering along the snow that’s hit her in the retaliation, a hum of a chuckle leaving him.

But he leans down to press a kiss to her lips, far too intent on ensuring he receives the prize of the tackle, before he pulls away to squint a small amount at her. “You got snow in my shirt.” He huffs, some feigned hurt and an animated shiver that runs down his spine, as though it’s the worst thing he’s ever dealt with – never mind the fact that he’d done so many more worse things than a bit of snow down his shirt.
SUNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
She kept laughing as she fought against his grip, not very serious about her attempts to get free but not about to just cave in and give up either. Only when he leaned down and caught her mouth in a kiss did she become still, humming softly against his lips in acknowledgement of his victory. Maea returned the kiss, her lips softening under his until he withdrew slightly, pouting like the world was coming to an end.

"Poor thing, are you so cold?" she crooned, in slightly exaggerated sympathy. "Here, let me warm you up."

Freeing the folds of her shawl from where they hung around her shoulders, she took the edges in her hands and brought them with her as she reached up to hug him. With the pitch-black fabric fo Ludo's Rags to cover him, Sunjata might feel how the horrible cold began to fade away, becoming only a suggestion of lightness against the skin. Any frozen toes or fingers might return back to their normal selves, and the snow beneath them would be like sand, light and soft and shifting under their bodies. Not cold at all.

Maea watched his face for reactions, a mysterious little smile playing across her face. He really should know what the shawl did by now, but experiencing it for himself should be something completely different.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He was about to make some sort of witty retort when she suggests warming him up, his head tilts curiously to her, hands braced within the snow above her, a wicked smirk crossing his face as she goes to remove the shawl around her shoulders – curiously watching as she lifts it to him. And while yes, he’s heard about what it does, it’s immensely different from feeling it. The snow feels like sand, and the warmth swells around him, and he’s confused for a brief moment before he focuses back on her and hums a sigh of relief.

Mmm, much better.” He admits, closing his eyes for a few moments, until he opens them and focuses on her pale face, something far more mischievous and playful in his gaze than was there previously. He leans down then to bury his face into her exposed neck, now, brushing his lips along her skin until he sighs a warm breath along it. “Am I still just a wicked rogue?” He smirks against her skin, head tilting ever so slightly.
SUNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
The change in him was quite astounding. Maea watched with fascination how the fading cold brought back some of the usual spark in him, as if the cold winds somehow had managed to put a lid on those deep, savage seas. Capped them in ice, blocking out the light and taming the storm. Definitely something to keep in mind - never to expect him at his best when it was cold - but the return of his good humors were all the more welcome for their absence.

"Good," she murmured, "because I - aaah..." His mouth on her neck distracted her, words slipping away beneath the tickling, pleasant tingles his brushing lips caused. Warmth flooded her from his breath and her heart beat faster. Arms tightening slightly around his shoulders.

"Mmmh, yes," she insisted, voice softening slightly without her meaning it to. "Very wicked. Quite the scoundrel, to take advantage like this..." One of her hands found its way to his hair, and tugged playfully on the dark locks.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The quirk of his lips can be felt against her neck as she stumbles over her words, distracted by how he intends them to. He can feel her arms tighten around his shoulders, and he leans into the touch a small amount, awaiting her judgement on whether he remains a wicked rogue. And with it? He snorts lightly, one hand lifting to her air, just as she moves her own into his and he practically purrs beneath the touch, beneath the tug.

I’m simply using what’s around me to my advantage.” He rumbles against her neck again, before pulling away where they’re nearly nose to nose, hand leaving her hair briefly toward the cord he’d taken from her, holding it up and turning his head to look at it. “Mm, I wonder what I could use this for.” A hum, smirking slightly as he glances toward her once again.
SUNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
His voice was a dark vibration against her skin, deep enough to send shiver down her spine and pluck at some chords within that made her quite mushy. His hand slipping into her hair might've had something to do with it too. Quite without meaning to she arched her neck, leaning into the touch; little darting arrows of ticklish elation zipped from where his fingers moved across her scalp and sent goosebumps flaring up.

"Mmmh, that makes you a resourceful scoundrel," she murmured, "but no less wicked." Her eyes, reflecting the blue of the clear sky above, went to the leather strips as he held them uip. Widened a touch, having almost forgotten about them. She tried to snatch it from his hand, butterflies come to life within her at the way he smirked.

"Nothing useful, I'm sure," she tried to suggest, with a worried glint in her eyes... almost. She couldn't quite keep a nervous smile from her lips though - not sure if this had been a very good idea. He seemed... a little too keen on those ropes.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He loves it when she gets like this, like she could melt away into nothing. The way she melds and molds to his whims, his choices, it’s a powerful, wonderful feeling that he loves. He notices the arch of her neck, but he’s already pulling away, smug like a cat and amused nonetheless, as she murmurs to him. His gaze flits along her face, until he looks toward the rope he’d kept in his palm. As she tries to snatch it, he lets her, smirking down at her with a raise of his brow.

Oh, quite useful if you ask me.” Another deep hum, a purring rumble accented and low as he regards her. The nervous smile along her face has him backing up a small amount, head tilting the other way as his smile softens a small amount. “Might be useful in restraining a certain wicked rogue, don’t you think?” A raise of his brow, an attempt to get her to play back with him.
SUNJATA