How the other half die
Loren!
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
MAEA
What could she say to that? Others had been blessed, indeed - himself included - while she had not. Obviously there was still some flaw in her that prevented this benefaction from being bestowed upon her as well. Maea didn't know what she could do to become more worthy, just clung to what little guidance she had received. Use her magic modestly, under the eyes of the Old Gods. Perhaps it was the modesty part that still wasn't there. Attending a magical academy... certainly couldn't better her odds either.

"Mmh, yes, they have appeared before. In over twenty years of prayer, it's happened enough times that I only need one hand to count them. And in every instance I've wondered if it would be the last time. There are never any guarantees that they won't resume the silence again... and I don't want greed to be the last thing they remember me by."

But it was also true that she was a bit self-pitying. A lifetime of never being good enough could do that to a person, and it did not just wash away in less than a year.

Another flaw to work on, she supposed.

"Regardless, there doesn't seem to be a cure ready at hand," she shrugged, returning back to the main topic. "So until I receive another miracle, or you and Nate find a solution, I'm quite at your mercy, I'm afraid."
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
whatever comes, let it come
what stays, let it stay
Sighing, Loren ran a hand through his hair. The look he gave Maea was surprisingly sympathetic. "I understand. But I can't imagine being afraid will help your chances with them."

He shrugged. "If anything, wouldn't asking for their blessing despite your fear raise their estimation of you in their eyes? Because you're still devoted?" While he wasn't entirely certain of that, Frey hadn't seemed to mind when the healer actually fought for what he wanted.

It was when he pathetically gave up that it all fell apart.

"How awful for you, to be at my mercy." Unsurprisingly, there was very little sympathy in his voice, though at least the ribbing and teasing was friendly now, even if the tone was wry. His expression softened. "We'll find something. Eventually. It might take a while, but Caido is full of wonders."
what goes, let go
LOREN
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MAEA
The suggestion was rewarded with a considering look as she pushed stray locks of hair from her face. Perhaps he had a point there. She recalled the peculiar silence in Ludo last time she'd encountered it, when she'd asked to help rather than be helped. Maybe the gods shared that need to be useful, in some way? It was food for thought, and something to keep in mind.

"Yes, well," she drawled, with a roll of her eyes at his tone, "try not to go wild with it. But... well. If you ever need anything, you just have to say the word. I'm quite in your debt already.

"And... I'm sorry for yelling at you."

Turning a little, she looked up from the shaded alley and out over the rooftops and ice-covered streets of the city beyond. The sky was overcast and the wind brisk, but for once it was not snowing, though the looming clouds suggested this might change later in the day. Raising her gaze even further, the glacail walls of the Palace rose high above the Snowcloak; even in the dim light it was beautiful and strange, reflecting light and casting it about until the structure seemed to shimmer in hues of blue and white.

"Yes, I suppose you're right about that," the girl said, thoughtful. Full of wonders indeed. "Sometimes I actually forget."
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
whatever comes, let it come
what stays, let it stay
Loren let out a huff of laughter at Maea's 'warning.' ”Me? Wild? Never.” Again, he spoke with a wry and self-deprecating tone, one she should understand considering the state she'd found him in.

As she offered him a favor, however, he raised his eyebrows. Then he nodded slowly. "You're not in my debt. But if something comes up, I'll let you know."

His expression softened. "No need to apologize. And I meant what I said before. I'm sorry, for not being honest. And I wasn't trying to drive you away." Running a hand through his hair, he sighed. "It's just...easier, this way." Tone a little sad, he shrugged.

However, he mustered up a small smile for her. ”Take it from an ignorant Outlander and a sloppy drunk. Caido has miracles aplenty."
what goes, let go
LOREN
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
"Thank you," she said quietly, with soft gratitude. Her apology was accepted and returned, and it was enough to settle the last bits of churning dismay within her. No doubt it would take some time to completely get over this whole affair, but it was a good start. She didn't hate him, he hadn't tried to sabotage her deliberately, they disagreed about a lot of things but in the end... remained friends. Somehow. Better a conclusion than she had hoped for when she came storming in.

"Easy isn't always right... but I understand," she said, and offered him a smile of sympathy. "I bury myself in work instead of... other things, but.. in the end it's still the same. Just another way to forget for a while."

Straightening, Maea made to leave. While they were still on the same page, and hadn't found anything else to bicker about.

She took a few steps towards the alley exit before she turned around, walking backwards while speaking. "If Halo's sloppy drunk ever get tired of the sorry excuse for drink they have here, let me know. By some miracle there's still some of my family's liquour saved at the VlamVloed... I think you might like it."

And there was that dinner he'd promised her, not to mention the tea, and also a mapping of Torchline by way of goose... Really, they had very little time to spare for petty arguments.

"Have fun with your Ningos," she waved in way of goodbye, tongue poking out briefly at him.

----

- FIN
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3