followed a feeling
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
MAEA
Not very chivalrous, was he? At least not after she'd removed the possibility of 'fun' from the table. But Maea had no problems with the plain refusal to pay for something when she'd never planned to ask it of him in the first place.

"I'm quite clear on the terms," she replied absently, carefully cleaning the wound in her hand. "Why should I have you pay for something when I'm perfectly capable of doing so myself?" It was a rhethorical question, and she clearly did not expect an answer.

Maea consdered the question, turning the benefits and costs over in her mind. Eventually she sighed. "I don't enjoy killing when it can be avoided, but I rather dislike the idea of paying for something that could turn out to be a forgery too. So we'll go straight to the source." Pulling a kerchief from the sleeve of her dress, she tied it into a neat bandage around her palm, then looked up at Saiden.

"When do you have time for an excursion like this?" She did not expect it to take place today. The sack by his feet suggested he had business elsewhere, and she was not dressed for the occasion; skirts and loose hair did not get you far when hunting.
I'm an angel bored like hell
And you're a devil meaning well
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
saiden
Saiden grinned at Maea's response. "Before you get all high and mighty about the rules, just remember you're a stranger here, an outsider, and an arrogant one at that, and you know nothing about Torchline and how it works." Waving a disapproving finger, he tutted, clearly unimpressed with her continuing belief that she was somehow and equal or in charge of this situation.

Cocking his head to the side, he shrugged. "Any time in the next few days, I would imagine." Seeing as Jack had made no noises about leaving, the Ark would probably be stationed in the port for a little bit longer. He bent down to pick up his sack as he waited for her to pick a date.
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MAEA
She startled at the comment, and looked up with a surprised expression. "Am I arrogant? In what way?" She thought back to their past encounter, to their conversation today, and failed to find in what way she had been anything of the sort. But... perhaps her not even realizing it was what made her arrogant? Regardless, it troubled her a great deal. It was definitely not how she wanted to be seen.

Chewing on her lip, she tried to settle on a date, but was rather too distracted by this accusation to pay much attention to days. "Then, in three days?" It was the earliest she could manage, with the need to go back and forth between here and the Grounds.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
saiden
Saiden immediately nodded. ”Today, you asked me for help. Well, us residents of Torchline are not a particularly helpful lot. At least not for free." Taking a step forward, he lowered his voice to a dangerous whisper. "You were disgusted by the way I did my business, with the spit, earlier. As if I was some savage. You got upset when I wouldn't tell you what the favor I was going to ask of you was, or when I would ask it, and insisted upon terms."

His nostrils flared a bit, and his eyes narrowed in annoyance. "That's not how things work, here, and you'd be wise to learn that now. Good thing I'm nicer than most, because in the future, you won't get to make terms. A favor for a favor, that's the way of Torchline, and if you don't like that, you should leave." He stepped back and nodded decisively. "In three days, then. I'll meet you where we met today and take you down the coast." With that, he spun on his heel, and left her behind.
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Stunned, she remained in her seat and stared after Saiden as he stalked off. It was as much the change in attitude that shook her as his litany of offenses, because he had given no indication of being annoyed earlier, hadn't seemed to mind her precautions or indeed her open mannerisms. Had she completely misread him? Had they not been joking, on good terms, after all?

Something very uncomfortable churned within her, and the girl sat quiet in her seat for a long time, until a stream of newcomers to the bakery roused her from her thoughts. Gathering up herself, she paid for the meals and left, the cut on her palm pulsing with a dull, throbbing ache.

A good lesson, that she really wasn't at home anymore. She would have to be... a lot more careful from now on.

----

- Fin
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3