So don't think of tomorrow tonight
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SAMUEL
Different indeed - whether Loren meant they would be better or not Sam wasn't sure, but he tried to take his mind from it. Focusing on the mistakes of the past rarely helped, and it ate up the nights of the present.

He felt Loren stiffen underneath him and immediately inwardly cringed, sure he'd ruined what they had. Still, the Launceleyn had not pulled away entirely, so perhaps there was still some hope. Especially as Loren seemed to be trying to be kind, confirmed gently that he did not want a relationship, something Sam had already expected (even if some fantastical, romantic bit of him did feel a little disappointed).

"Well, um..." He'd not really thought about exact terms, so his words were slow, needing some consideration. "We could...meet each other often. Do things like this. Maybe...know that we're safe with each other and can talk about what we want. I suppose it's what people call friends with benefits." That specific term put a bad taste in Sam's mouth, but it did sum up what he meant. "And...."

He looked up to Loren, took in a nervous breath. "Maybe...one day...eventually....if you wanted to, we might try the relationship."
You think I'd learn but your touch is sweet like honey
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
there's a fire starting in my heart
reaching a fever pitch
Still tense, Loren listened to Sam's words, a slightly distant expression on his face. The healer's brows were slightly furrowed as well, though he didn't move away from the Ascended. When the other man finally finished, the Launceleyn closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

Opening his eyes, he turned so he could look at Sam. "I'd be happy to spend more time with you. And do things like this again. But..." Voice trailing off, Loren bit his lip. "I don't know if I can promise anything more than that."

Pushing himself upright, he sat with his back against the headboard. "And I've been with other people." He didn't sound apologetic or ashamed about that fact.
and it's bringing me out the dark
LOREN
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
SAMUEL
Loren's willingness to listen to him was kind, even if Sam predicted there would be a rejection at the end of it; the removal of physical contact certainly felt like the beginnings of one, even if Loren's words weren't harsh. Sam moved to lay next to him, looking up at Loren and chewing at his lip, trying to think of what to say: this conversation really did feel like a minefield.

"I'm not asking you to promise. Just...I suppose...keep your mind open, if you did want to, one day. More than...expecting you to do anything, I suppose I'm saying I'd be willing to try, if you ever are." He spoke softly, sadly - why was it he never found himself in a simple relationship? Every time he began to fall for someone, it was always either too fast, messy, complicated...he'd begun to wonder if he was some kind of cursed.

As for Loren being with other people...well. Instinctively he felt a little prick of jealousy in his chest, but Sam was mature enough now to know he had no right to feel it. They had not made any commitments, not like he and Nate had when Nate had slept with Sunjata. "Alright. I'm not asking you to...not do that. After all, like you said, you're not ready for a relationship. This doesn't have to be...that."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
reaching a fever pitch
As Sam kept talking, Loren found himself looking away from the Ascended. Rubbing a nervous hand against a thigh, the healer found himself closing his eyes briefly. "So just, hang out, have some fun, see where it goes?" The question came out quietly and uncertainly.

Reaching out a hand, he rested it on the other man's shoulder. The Launceleyn tried to muster up a smile, but it faltered as soon as it reached his lips. "I will do my best to try and keep an open mind." It was definitely hesitant. So he stroked Sam's shoulder. Then Loren leaned down to try and kiss the Ascended gently.
LOREN
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
"Mhm. Yes, that." Sam agreed, hopeful that Loren would agree if it was phrased under those terms. He was happy that they had come to an understanding that this would be a more regular thing, but he could feel a heavy disappointment in his chest, something that told him this was a distinctly bad idea - he pushed it down.

At least, if he was making a mess of things, he was doing it with someone kind. Someone that still wanted to kiss him after this conversation. A weak, soft but appreciative smile on his lips, he leaned up to meet Loren, hand coming to cup his jaw and stroke his cheek with his thumb. "Thank you. That's all I ask."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
reaching a fever pitch
Nodding slowly, Loren ran a hand through his hair. However, he relaxed as Sam agreed to keep it casual. Smiling a bit as they broke off the kiss, the healer reached down to take the Ascended's hand again.

"Alright, well," the Launceleyn rolled so that he was pinning the other man to the bed a bit. Loren leaned down to kiss at Sam's jaw and neck a little, playful rather than heated and flirtatious. "If we are going to be hanging out, both now and later, what would you like to do?" Reaching up, the healer slide some stray hairs behind the Ascended's ear as the Launceleyn waited for the other man's suggestion.
LOREN
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
Loren took his hand again and Sam breathed out a quiet sigh of relief, glad that even if he wasn't quite sure where they stood still, he had not entirely scared Loren off with the idea of this leading to some kind of potential future commitment. Laughing at the kisses to his jaw, he reached up to stroke Loren's hair.

"Well, I'm sure plenty of this is something we'd both like." He said first, looking down between their naked bodies. "But...I think it'd be nice to just...spend time together, too. Maybe go and see the new places we can find portals to. Talk to each other when we need it...just, you know...be friends, I suppose." He shrugged, a little awkward, but a hopeful smile still on his lips.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
reaching a fever pitch
Grinning a bit, Loren let his free hand trace down Sam's side. It slid down to rest on the Ascended's hip. "Plenty of this, yes." The healer kissed the corner of the other man's lips. "And I can't say I mind the idea of exploring, talking, or being friends."

Leaning in for a full on kiss, the Launceleyn broke it off to rest his cheek on a pillow. Still holding Sam's hands, Loren slid his other hand underneath the Ascended's neck. The healer used that to pull the other man close. "But I was actually talking about what did you want to do right now. Besides, maybe get cleaned up." The Launceleyn's eyes flicked down to the fluid on Sam's chest.
LOREN
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
"Good." Sam smiled at the feeling of Loren's hand sliding down his side, reached up his own to gently trace across chest and shoulder, trying almost to memorise the feeling of touching Loren's skin beneath his fingertips, before it went away.

Humming happily into the kiss, Sam frowned as Loren pulled away, but went gladly to be pulled closer, pressing his face into Loren's shoulder and laughing at himself when he realised how he had misinterpreted the Launceleyn's question. "Ah. Well, that does sound like a good idea. ..I mean...I wouldn't mind just staying here for a while. I had quite the journey and while I don't need to sleep..." He shrugged.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
reaching a fever pitch
As Sam spoke, and reached up to trace Loren's shoulder, he smiled faintly. The kiss caused the smile to broaden for a brief moment, and he looked almost happy for an instant. It shifted to a sleepy and drowsy sort of contentment as the two of them snuggled more closely.

Nodding slowly at the Ascended's words, the healer lifted a languid hand. "I think I can arrange for both clean up and rest." Water lifted from the basin, and came to wash them both off, before he shooed it back. Then, he pulled the other man close. Given their exertions, it wasn't long before the Launceleyn found himself dozing off slightly, spooning comfortably against Sam.

-FIN
LOREN