Child of the Night
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Wessex can feel her energy dissipating… no, that’s not right. It’s not quite leaking out of her, it’s just… not as potent? Is that what it is? Really, she knows very little about the technicalities of her transformation - what is inside her now, what it does to her. She’d tried to find out as much as she could about the Ascended, but there was very little other than the common lore - can’t be in direct sunlight, practically immune to disease, doesn’t have to eat, sharp teeth, and some superpower-type things. It’s all been true.

But this? This waning is peculiar. She doesn’t feel ill. But that jump took more effort. She wasn’t as sprightly come nightfall. It’s like she needs coffee but of course, that won’t do any good. What would her stomach even do if she tries to eat?!? Is there something she missed?

So she’s got more than a couple of questions. Time to find some answers.

There’s no moon tonight, but she doesn’t need one. The paths are familiar under her feet, leaves alternatively crunching and soggy underneath her feet. She flies lightly through the woods, nimbly darting around twiggy bushes, leaping over stones - almost more deer than person. By the time she reaches the shrine her heart rate is elevated, flyaway wisps of blonde hair framing her face. That she is winded is… not good. The Ascendant slows, coming a halt in the middle of the quiet glade. No one to be seen. Good.

Wessex’s head tilts back to gaze at the stars through the break in the canopy. A whole World out there, and here she is, confined to this little bubble. It’s more than a little frustrating. But she swallows the sudden surge of emotion and whispers to the sounds of the night, “I’d pray, but you know I’m not that kind of woman. You already have my soul. My body. So… If you’re out there... Your creation has some questions for you.”

Dear Mom and Dad,
I'd usually rather die (ha, ha, ha) than ask for it, but... Help?
Love, Wessex

WESSEX
She whispered back, I am the storm

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

The air grows decidedly heated.

All powerful are the ascendeds? Children of gods are the ascended? Haughty bunch of walking and talking abominations is more like it.

Sunlight sparkles through as if a giant window has been opened. It moves forward like a wall before Wessex, threatening to encompass her if she doesn't scuttle her Frankenstein's-monster-ass right the fuck out of this holy place.

How dare you come here. a voice condemns from the wall of light. After what you have done? Your kind deserve nothing.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:

It is all she can do to stumble out of the sudden wave of light - unnatural, deadly - surely a thing of magic and godly powers. Once on the ground, Wessex scrambles hand over hand, kicking clods of dirt in her wake. A heel slips into the light, smoking almost immediately. She hisses, baring her fangs to the darkness and whatever the fuck it is that chases her out of the glade. As she reaches the tree edgeline, she gains some space and is able to turn to face…

Nothing.

Except a voice, roaring at her, and her flight or fight instincts kick in. It wants to call her your kind, it’ll fucking get an animal, instead of whatever she should be. Wessex sucks in a lungful of air and hurls her anger back at the voice - she has nothing to lose. “If you fucking took care of us, I wouldn’t have to be this! You disappeared and you don’t deserve us!

Death and starvation and misbegotten creatures stand behind her rage - crazy enough fight a god - but weak enough to fall before the light.

WESSEX
She whispered back, I am the storm