Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 22 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural
Level: 5 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 11
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP:
MAEA
He put his palm in hers, and Maea closed her fingers around his hand. Held it gently, and sought his gaze. It was painful to see him like this, but then again, it always had been, from the start. He'd always managed to rile her, annoy her, make her open up and talk, let him in even when he told her not to.

"Because, for some reason," she told him kindly, "I'm rather fond of you. You can be an arrogant ass, and a stubborn prick... but I don't hate that. If I can help you at all, I will.

"Because... you're my friend. And I don't have so many that I can afford to lose any of them."
She made to stand up, still holding his hand, and once on her feet she tugged a little at him. Hoping he might rise up as well.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Permission granted for magic/violence, short of killing.
Unless otherwise stated, Maea is always wearing Ludo's Rags around her shoulders.
Loren Launceleyn
Citadel Grand Healer

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 7 (level 5 Attuned) - Strg: 13 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 29
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Online
Change author:
MP:
LOREN
Sighing, Loren closed his eyes, though he kept holding on to Maea's hand. "You understand that I believe I'm beyond help. And that...I'm almost certainly just going to disappoint you in the end, as I seem to disappoint everyone else." Opening his eyes, he searched her features for some sign that she did understand.

Taking a deep breath, he bit his lip. "And you understand that I have absolutely no idea how to be anyone's friend, to care for someone, without trying to sabotage it, either intentionally and unintentionally. That I...can't be trusted." It hurt to say the words, but he needed her to know what it meant to be claiming him as a friend.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.
Force and magic can be used against Loren without permission.
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Change author:
MP:
MAEA
Her grip tightened around his hand, refusing to let go. "Whether or not I end up disappointed is all on me. You get as many chances as I can give, so don't worry about that. Right now, the only one I'm expecting you to care about is Astra. So... here is what we are going to do."

Straightening up to her full height, Maea made sure she had Loren's full attention before continuing.

"For the coming two weeks, this is your schedule. Every morning you will meet me here an hour before dawn, and we will train. Then you will tend to your duties as Court Healer, and when those are done for the day, you are going to spend two hours with Astra, doing whatever she wants to do. Go anywhere, do anything, but it is her decision and you will not deny her."

Pointing at the flask he had dropped on the floor, she brough it over with a tug of telekinesis and handed it to Loren. "You will cut down on drink too. You only get one of these a day from now on, and one bar visit ever sevenday. For every time you don't show up or break my instructions, I'll tag on another week of this. And when you manage these things without any hiccups... you're going to get something nice from me. Won't tell you what, but I can promise you won't hate it."

She regarded him, to see if he understood, if she was setting the bar too low. Most likely the drink would be his biggest challenge for now... but it was the most important part.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Unless otherwise stated, Maea is always wearing Ludo's Rags around her shoulders.
Loren Launceleyn
Citadel Grand Healer

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 7 (level 5 Attuned) - Strg: 13 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 29
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Online
Change author:
MP:
LOREN
As Maea's fingers tightened around Loren's he bit his lip. At the mention of Astra, the healer's eyes welled with tears again, but they did not fall. Instead, he sighed. As the Loreseeker outlined her terms, he listened impassively.

Taking the flask as she offered it, he still watched with with an almost blank expression. Finally, he took a slow and shuddering breath. Then he nodded. "Alright. I will...I'll try." It was the only promise he could make, and he closed his eyes to try and calm his unsettled nerves and broken heart.  "You don't have to get me anything." Already, she was doing more than he could possibly ever ask of her.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.
Force and magic can be used against Loren without permission.
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Change author:
MP:
MAEA
He would try. Why was it that she surrounded herself with broken men who ever only could offer attempts, not even believing in their own ability to change? Was it something in the way she offered acceptance that drew them in, or did Maea suffer some savior complex, thinking she could actually save them from themselves?

"I believe in you," she told Loren with a little smile. "I do this because I want to. Please don't deny me the chance to do something nice for my friend who's in a rough place." She squeezed his hand again, then let go.

"It's getting late... let's get on with the day, shall we? I'd suggest you either take a nap or get some food before work... you've looked better." It was a gentle tease, and rather hypocritical coming from her, who could have been plucked straight from some torture chamber. All tattered and bloody. But the way she smiled, Maea seemed rather pleased.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3