e ala ē
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
In the hours before the sun crests the sky an unruly flock of airborne creatures enters Torchline in search of death.

Something alive and now dead said Sunjata, and Amalia's mind immediately recoiled, filled with the thought of loss and decay. It was he who thought to search the ocean, the shoreline rife with once-living flotsam; it was Amalia who insisted they do it at dawn, never having seen the sun rise over the sea before.

And it is together they fly in the last shadows of night, starlit wings carrying Amalia where wounded legs cannot. Above the sand she circles, still rather too afraid to fly directly over the expanse of blue (ever and ever, never does it end; what a beautiful, terrifying thing).

She tries to keep her gaze from drifting back to that far horizon, but the vastness of it compels her to stare, an unfamiliar wanderlust sparked within her soul. She isn't sure if she loves or hates the ocean, but either way she cannot deny the grip it has upon her heart.

(Set before the PQ+)

Amalia & Jyoti
born from dark water, daughters of the rain and snow
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SuNJATA
A companion for the quest, a part of it as well, brought to retrieve that which the Shield has been once before. Something alive, now dead. But wasn’t there already the possibility of too much death on the horizon? With events to come, far too much. But she insists on dawn, and he can’t disagree with that. Sunsets had always been his favorite, but the dawn was a different type of beast. One of renewal, refreshing.

She flies in her owl form, and he trails her in his macaw form, navy plumes nearly black against the lightening skies. Isn’t it beautiful? He asks her, dropping to circle the waters that the tide has brought in. A pulse of excitement and relaxation sent to the Shield along with the words, his dark gaze searching the waters surface for something. We could catch a fish… or… Unsure of how the Shield would approach this, already having the idea of saving as much life as possible. Perhaps something already dead?
take me by the hand but please don't want to know me
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
It is. Beautiful doesn't seem like enough, though, not to really describe the sight before them. The ocean is inky in the pre-dawn darkness, a vast pool of blackness that might swallow them whole. I'd always imagined... but it's so much more.

Tilting her wings she begins to make wide circles down toward the ground, her keen eyes searching the silver sand, still not letting herself drift above the water. His suggestion that they catch a fish is met with silent but obvious displeasure, something of a telepathic snort. You always want to kill things, she semi-snaps, semi-laughs, shaking her heart-shaped face. I'm sure we can find something whose soul has already gone to Mort.

Amalia & Jyoti
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNJATA
Her response of the ocean is met with a pulse of appreciation. He’d always known the depths of the sea, had always been a fan of the raging rushing waters. Perhaps would he have nearly drowned by the salt waters as a boy rather than the flood which he’d been nicknamed for, he’d likely fear its wrath more. But he doesn’t, and not with the whale shift at his beck and call.

So he dives after her to land in the water, shifting to his orca form as she comments about killing and he splashes his tail in the water, an equivalent of a shrug. I never said it was alive when we caught it. And he hadn’t, sure that there were likely some amounts of already dead fish in the waters. But something pink and vibrant catches his eye, and he ducks beneath the surface toward it. Or… Coral? He sends to Amalia, nosing the vibrant coral with his face before he peruses the rest for a dead one.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
He's a...

...a...

...Are you a whale?

Amalia has never seen a whale before, not outside Jyoti. For a moment she just hovers in the air, beak open and agape, avian eyes taking it all in. Is this what they look like, the ones that live in the ocean? Not as big as her companion's family, but large nonetheless, graceful and beautiful and so, so huge.

Landing awkwardly on the sand, the girl stares out at the beast splashing in the water. I... uh... coral? the Shield repeats weakly, her head spinning from all the new things she has seen today.

Amalia & Jyoti
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
Yes. It’s a simple answer followed by a shift of a fin, the one from the middle of his back sticking straight out of the water as he peruses, much like a shark in a sense — if Amalia has ever seen those. But he continues his search, nosing vibrant coral to vibrant coral, until her voice reaches him again from where she is along the sand.

Yeah, coral. He begins, pausing to check a spot that seems paler than the rest. They’re basically a bunch of really small creatures that secrete something to make a home for themselves. He pokes his head out of the water to look at her, a question as if she’s going to join him in the search.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
She hasn't ever seen a shark, except as an image on a book, so she does not know to compare him to that. Shifting into otter form, she begins to pull herself along the sand, picking up interesting white rocks and flotsam, empty shells that once held life.

Part of her does want to join him, to hunt for treasure beneath the waves- but oh, the idea of going in there terrifies her, chills her deep within her core. I... I never have before, she admits, shifting anxiously in the sand. And my legs... and it's so big. What if I can't swim well enough?

Amalia & Jyoti
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
She doesn’t seem to want to dive in, and Sunjata can’t quite understand it. She’d float, even if she gave up completely. And it’s not like he’d leave her there, born and bred for the water as it was. If anyone could ensure the Shield of Safrin made it out of the water safe and sound, it was him. So he abandons the search of coral momentarily to near the sands, one large fin outstretched toward the otter.

Grab onto my arm and I’ll take you with. He offers, tail wiggling slightly in the water as he tries to not beach himself. There’s an air of playfulness through the bond as he extends his offer, ready to search the rest of the corals for something already gone.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Grab his arm? The otter is skeptical, her eyes darting swiftly between the whale and the horizon. What if she lets go on accident and vanishes into that endless black? What if he leaves her behind, stranded in the foam?

Swallowing, the otter nods her head and begins to tug herself through the sand.

The first thought she has when touching the water is warm. The ocean is so much warmer than the water in the Grounds. It's easier to hold herself aloft in, too, some quality of it keeping the otter from any possibility of sinking down. Awkwardly the girl paddles forward until her small claws latch onto Sunjata's flipper, clinging as tightly as a drowned cat might. O...ok. I'm ready. I think.

Amalia & Jyoti
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
He watches her debate whether or not to trust him – but he does know that with the shift she’s currently in, that the water will likely be impossible to drown in unless she’s stupid. And he doesn’t particularly think that she is… But he lets her decide on her own, having learned that to try and force someone to do something they’re uncomfortable with never quite ends the way you want it to.

Eventually, she agrees, pulling herself through the sand and to the water. And soon enough, she’s latched onto the flipper. And he’s cautious, with the otter attached and holding onto his arm as he maneuvers them around. You can float if you roll onto your back and keep your arms and legs in. He tells her easily, trying to head back to the spot he’d found the coral, slowly moving to ensure he doesn’t lose her. But I saw the coral over here, and if you swim down with me you can see how colorful they are.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
She knows to roll onto her back, knows she will not drown - it's the vastness of it that fills her with a terrifying sort of awe. Still, she shifts obligingly, her claws maneuvering so she can be on her back and still cling to him lest he let her drift away.

The steady pace calms her a little; slowly Amalia begins to glance around, casting dark eyes over the illuminated waves as the sun peeks cautiously across the horizon. How far down is it? She's rather content to stay at the surface just now, where she can still see the shore and the stars and the sky.

Amalia & Jyoti
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
He takes her toward the bunch of coral he had found beneath the waves. Her question is greeted with the pulsing feeling of excitement and pride at how she manages to take to the floating easily enough. Not too far down. He assures her, pausing to let the waves lap against them, positioning himself to where he takes the brunt of the incoming waves to keep her end relatively calm.

He turns a small amount, tilting his head down to peek beneath the water. Okay, it’s right here. Can you see it? It’s pink, and there’s a yellow one next to it. They look like… Fans? He hums, resurfacing his face to peer at her with a steel eye within a splotch of white. A dead one will look... Well, dead. Not colorful, hollow, kind of like bone.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Flipping back onto her belly, Amalia peers into the water. Though her eyes are suited for investigating below the sea it still takes her a moment to adjust to the sting of salt, the addition of brine. But when she does - when the world opens before her...

...Oh, what a world it is.

Color and movement: there are so many fish, so many things, so much more alive beneath the dark water that she never anticipated finding. What are they? she asks excitedly - and in her amazement she lets his fin go, too distracted by the beauty of all that she's found to focus on clinging to this facsimile of safety. Dead ones- like that? Without a thought the otter dives deeper, moving like a bullet through the water to snatch a length of bone-white coral from the sea floor.

Amalia & Jyoti
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
Oh, she lets go of his arm and he evens out in the water, drifting lower under the surface with her toward the coral in a way that he could help her if she struggles. But she takes to it like a shot, and he comes up around the other side of the colorful creatures, peering at Amalia as she dives deeper with her otter form.

If you look really close you can see them move a little bit. He says, unsure of how to explain exactly what they are. Super small, tiny creatures that build a home to survive out off, off of. But she brings up the bone white coral from the floor and he nears her slowly to not disturb the water around her with his presence. Yes, exactly like that! He pulses with amusement and excitement at having found one that checked the boxes needed.

Now all they needed was a rare heart.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3