the way you use your body, baby
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Mature Content Warning 
whatever comes, let it come
what stays, let it stay
Loren had been slacking a bit of late when it came to his work. So, begrudgingly, he’d rolled out of bed. Taking a few shots to combat his hangover, as had become his custom, he dressed himself in many layers. They were pure black, since he’d finally succumbed to his family’s particular style of dress.

That task done, he splashed some water on his face and scrubbed his teeth, staring almost blankly into the mirror. Though he’d regained the weight he’d lost, there were still dark circles under his eyes, ones he ignored. Slipping a few flasks into his pockets, he threw open the door and stalked down the hallway. Astra had woken at some point, and she stared at him with worried eyes that he steadfastly ignored.

Heading into the infirmary, he checked that there were still no patients (though presumably someone would’ve roused him from his drunken stupor if he was needed for healing). Pleased that there were none, he smirked, then moved on to the shelves. He was just noting down which stocks were running low, periodically sipping from a flask when a sound drew his eyes to the entrance.

Nate
what goes, let go
LOREN
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
It was amazing how many places you could get into when you said the right words and smiled the right smiles. Not that Nate was anywhere he wasn’t supposed to be. He had a patient here, as far as he knew, and he had to check on her periodically, which was true. Maybe he didn’t need to be checking in the Palace, but... no one had stopped him yet.

After some wandering, he stumbled upon an infirmary. Handy, even if it was empty. Or... Nate stepped into the infirmary, head tilting in a distinctly predatory way as he looked around, trying to pinpoint whatever it was that caught his attention. The smell of alcohol maybe, and not the kind you usually found in an infirmary. Maybe the quiet rustling of something in the shelves. Whatever it was that caught his attention also drew him into the room properly.

”Hello?” He called cheerfully, looking around. ”Anybody hoooome?”
It's a bitch convincing people to like you
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
what stays, let it stay
At the cheerful call of the other man’s voice, Loren sighed, the sound long suffering. ”If I say no, will you go away?” Taking a long pull from his flask, he padded out into the center of the infirmary.

His eyes narrowed as he saw that it was Nate standing there. The healer smirked a bit at the sight of the Ascended. ”Professor Wren. To what do I owe the pleasure? Though the Launceleyn’s tone was wry, his eyes were darkly amused as they raked over the other man.

Gesturing for Nate to make himself comfortable, Loren flounced into one of the chairs that lined the walls. ”Actually, you saved me a trip,”
what goes, let go
LOREN
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE
A low laugh huffed out of Nate at the response he got, the smell of alcohol preceding a face by a long while. A familiar face, surprise surprise, though not much more than familiar. ”You’re cropping up everywhere, aren’t you?” Nate took a step casual step closer, grinning widely at the Launceleyn.

”Not sure we’ve had any pleasure.” Nate’s eyes moved around the infirmary, like he was looking for something, before settling back on Loren, his hand moving out smoothly. ”I thought I said just Nate was fine?” He pointed out, head dipping to the side as he asked the question.

”I was here to check on something else, actually, but I guess I’m just lucky this way.” Not that Nate felt lucky. People wanting to see him usually had bad implications, and this felt no different. Still, he tried to make the best of it, squeeze his fun out, stepping after Loren and standing a touch too close when the healer sat. ”I’m at your service.”
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
"Like a rash that won't go away." Loren's tone was wryly amused. Taking a swig from his flask, he pointed a finger at Nate. "However, I actually live here, and I'm pretty sure you don't strictly have permission to be wandering the halls unsupervised, so if I were you I'd be careful you treat me right." The healer smirked.

It broadened to a full grin. "You're not sure, huh? Should I be worried about your memory?" He let his eyes trail down the doctor's body once more. "Or something else?" Eyes flicking up to the professor's face, the Launceleyn shrugged. "That you did, Nate." There was a slightly challenging tone to the way he said the other man's name. Still, he reached out to shake the proffered hand (which he assumed he was supposed to do), holding it perhaps just a shade too long.

As the Ascended came to stand over Loren, he just took a swig from his flask again, not at all bothered by Nate's proximity. "Lucky you indeed." Slipping the flask into a pocket, the healer looked up at the doctor. "Are you now? Perhaps I'm the lucky one then." Shifting so the Launceleyn had a better view of the professor's face, Loren peered up at Nate.

Then the healer slouched in his chair. "We've got a patient in common. Maea. However, I'm unfortunately only able to manage her symptoms with my magic, not actually treat the root cause. She mentioned you were the one to ask about it. Something to do with her immune system?" He cocked his head to one side as he waited for the doctor's response.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
Nate’s smirk only grows as a finger is wagged in his face, a finger that he clearly has to restrain himself from grabbing, judging by the twitch in his fingers. ”I haven’t been told I can’t wander unsupervised. And... someone let me in, right?” He purrs, raising a brow at the flask, but not letting it deter him. ”But I think it sounds much easier to treat you right.”

He stepped closer, pale eyes flashing with amusement as he looked Loren over. ”Nothing to do with memory. I’ve just learned not everyone shares my definition of pleasure.” It was his turn to shrug, the action coming across more teasing than it had any right to be. ”I wouldn’t want to insult my gracious hosts opinion, after all.”

As his offered hand was accepted, Nate’s thumb moved to swipe over Loren’s hand, familiar, maybe a touch too intimate, though no sign of it showed on Nate’s face. His smile was still bright, amuses, his eyes still moving over Loren like he was piecing something together. If he noticed the handshake going on too long, there was no indication of that either. As Loren tried to pull his hand back, there was actually a touch of resistance, Nate squeezing one last time before letting go of the other man.

The flask again. Really, it felt almost mocking at this point, though Nate still didn’t say anything, his gaze levelled on the man in the chair, quietly enjoying the positions they were in. ”At least give me a chance to impress you before you go saying you’re lucky. You might as well have a story to share.” It was subtle, but Nate’s smile widened, and he leaned in even closer, all but boxing Loren in.

It was jarring from go somewhere suddenly to business, immediately, Nate stood up straight again, his grin falling into something more serious. Really, he should be relieved. Maea is the reason he’d come by, though not in this capacity. ”Yes, I’m... helping her as well.” If what he’d done so far could be considered helping. ”I’ve seen conditions similar to what she has, but nothing exactly like it. I’m confident there’s a way to manage it, without the help of magic.” Nate kept his smile and tone civil, despite his distaste for magical healing.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
”This is me telling you not to wander around unsupervised. You never know what you might stumble upon. Or who. Or who doing what.” Smirking, Loren lifted the flask to his lips, but didn’t drink from it just yet. Instead his eyes narrowed at Nate's next comment. "I can be surprisingly hard to please." Winking lazily, the healer finally took a long drink from the flask, before letting it dangle from his fingers once more.

Tilting his head to one side, he raised his eyebrows at the professor's response. "And what definition is that?" It came out in a suggestive whisper.

Letting out a huff of laughter, the Launceleyn shifted in his seat. "I takes a lot to insult me, these days. Though you'll find I can be quite gracious when the mood strikes me." His tone indicated that he was feeling gracious right about now. Sipping from the flask once more, he smirked.

As the other man took their handshake even further than Loren had been intending, he found himself grinning slightly. As Nate's thumb stroked the healer's knuckle, he slid one of his own fingers against the professor's palm. Squeezing back, the Launceleyn finally released the other man's grip. ”Don’t worry. So far, you haven’t impressed me.” The tone came out teasingly, and the unspoken yet hung in the air between them.

Loren raised his eyebrows at the Nate’s potential dislike of magic. ”That’s nice.” It came out as a drawl. ”Maea seems fine with magic, though, even if you’re not. So please tell me everything you know so I can help more effectively.” Polite words aside, it was voiced more as a command than a request. The healer leaned back almost indulgently in his chair as he waited for the answer, clearly not worried about the way the professor loomed over him or had effectively trapped the Launceleyn.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
Nate made a face, a half hearted show at considering Loren’s words for a moment, before he shrugged, unconcerned with who’s and what’s and whatever else the healer was insinuating. The other insinuations were more fun, easier to latch on to. ”Lucky for you, I enjoy a challenge. And I haven’t had a complaint yet.” Nate laughed, watching Loren drink, his eyes wandering.

What definition? Nate grinned, then raised his shoulders in a cheeky shrug. ”How about i let you know when we get to it?” He suggested teasingly, bending do he could lean in closer, take up more of the other mans space. ”Aren’t I lucky then, to have found you in a good mood.” While he simpers, his free hand comes out, grabbing at Loren’s jaw, seemingly just so Nate could stare at him more intensely.

He keeps a hold of the summoners jaw, even as the handshake ends, Nate’s grip insistent, forward, but not painful. Really, it was almost more of a request. Almost. Amusement dances in his eyes at Loren’s words, his head tilting. ”Do you want me to try and impress you?” It sounds like Nate was genuinely curious, like he was asking for permission without quite so many words.

It’s all business all too soon, and though Nate doesn’t move away, some of the fun is drained from his voice when he goes to answer. ”Her body doesn’t make antibodies properly, so she’s more affected by sickness. Especially,” His free hand rises again, to brush against the centre of Loren’s chest, ”here. But it can affect her anywhere, if there’s enough of an issue going around.”!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
Smirking, Loren lifted his chin slightly so he could stare Nate directly in the eyes. "Well there's a first time for everything." The healer's voice was challenging, and he took a sip from his flask, gaze not leaving the professor's face.

Not moving as the other man bent down closer, the Launceleyn just raised his eyebrows. "And what makes you think we'll get to it?" It came out teasingly, and he grinned a little smugly at Nate.

The grin stayed there as the Ascended's hand cupped Loren's chin. "I never said I was in a good mood." The words were teasing, almost coy. "Not yet, at least."

Moving forward easily enough at the professor's pull, the healer's eyes filled with equal parts heat and hunger. "I wasn't aware I had to ask for you to do something impressive." Again, it was a gauntlet thrown at the other man's feet.

As the Ascended's hand brushed against the Launceleyn's chest, his breath hitched a little. Raising his free hand, he trailed it down Nate's arm. "I can replace her antibodies, even in her...extremities. But I can't do anything deeper than that." Unlike the professor, Loren had no trouble mixing business with pleasure right now. Not drunk and despairing as he was.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
Even though he knew what the other man was doing, even though he knew better Nate could feel himself bristling with excitement and irritation both. Really, it wasn’t a question of if he was going to respond to the challenges, it was a question of how. And that took a moments thought, Nate’s hands unyielding and his gaze unblinking as he considered.

”I’m not really sure there’s anything that can be done beyond that. Not right now.” The answer came almost mechanically, though the rest of Nate was proving to be anything but, the hand on Loren’s chest spreading out until a cool palm was resting over his heartbeat. ”Deeper needs some... experimentation.” Nate’s fingers twisted, pulling at Loren’s clothes like he was trying to bring him closer and bare more skin in one move.

”Since you want to help, I could... show you my methods?” Nate bent down, abandoning the facade of professionalism in lieu of outright lust. As much as he felt lust at least. It was a convincing enough show, hunger in his eyes and a low growl in his voice.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
Loren smirked. "Oh I'm sure there's lots we can do." It came out in a suggestive whisper. Raising his eyebrows as Nate's hand spread across the healer's chest, his own hand drifted down to rest on the doctor's hip. "I think you'll find me quite openminded when it comes to trying new things." The Launceleyn let out a little huff of laughter.

As the other man's hand gripped Loren's shirt, Nate would succeed both in pulling the healer forward (though it was more like he allowed himself to be drawn forward) and in exposing more of his skin. "Show me." It was an order, and he cocked his head to the side. "Also, antibodies aren't the only things I can restore. I can replenish lost blood." It came out almost conversationally, though the Launceleyn's eyes smoldered.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
With whatever half assed attempts he’d made at professionalism out the window, Nate leaned in close, his hand pressing into the Launceleyns shirt to stroke against bare skin. He hovered over the other mans lips, like he was considering a kiss, a place to strike, but shifted lower, his mouth closing over Loren’s pulse as he bit down in one quick motion.

The hand that wasn’t currently occupied with groping the healers chest moved to cup the mans jaw, then slide up, into his hair, gently at first, then twisting, tugging Loren’s head into a better position. A low groan rumbled out of Nate as he moved closer, the promise of magical healing daring him to drink longer, deeper than he would otherwise.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
As Nate leaned in, and pressed his hand against Loren's chest, the healer's breath hitched in his throat. He stared into the doctor's eyes as the Ascended hovered, lips not quite touching the healer's. As the other man moved to bite the Launceleyn's neck, though, he gasped as pleasure flooded through him.

When Nate's fingers slid up from Loren's jaw to his hair, he moved easily under the doctor's ministrations, not offering a hint of resistance. The healer's own hand lifted up to the other man's hips, resting there easily. Moaning, the Launceleyn managed to squeeze out a coherent thought and sentence. "So much for foreplay." However, it was clear from his tone that he didn't mind this turn of events in the slightest.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
Honestly, Nate had expected more of a fight from the healer, more resistance. Not that he was complaining, not at all. The light touch on his hip made Nate hum with pleasure, his free hand moving to mirror the touch, just for a moment, before the crack about foreplay made him chuckle, fingers moving instead to brush between Loren’s legs, rushing deeper ever faster.

”You didn’t strike me as the type who needed romance.” Nate managed to purr as he pulled away from the Launceleyns throat. It was only a temporary reprove though, the hand in Loren’s hair pulling his head back again so Nate could bite in a different place, lower down on the healers neck. Another groan, more desperate this time, left Nate, both his hands now moving to try and divest the man of his clothing, or to at least reveal more skin.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3