[OPEN] A Different Kind of Sun
Open
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN

Maea's rather violent reaction to her suggestion caught Morgan by surprise; she had thought all those that did not follow the new Fake Goddess would be quite keen on the idea of her death and it only stood to reason as far as she was concerned that a God could be killed. Anything that was alive could be dead, with enough of the right kind of force. Her flat confusion read on her face as she blankly watched Maea's horror.

"The world managed before The Voice. Surely her arrival caused it to lose balance it once had? Killing her would restore the order." She tilted her head in an almost robotic motion, perplexed. "Is it really so surprising to you? I know some are blinded by their devotion but surely you must realise the Gods are only beings. They came into existence and could be taken out again. I do not believe any one person has the power to accomplish it, but..." She shrugged. "It must be possible."

They try to comfort me with platitudes
They don't know I'm in a real fine mood
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
MAEA
Maea just shook her head, still reeling from the blunt suggestion. "I know, but... it feels like a very dangerous door to open. If you prove that one god can be killed, what stops anyone from trying to kill another? What happens if the next target becomes Safrin, or Ludo? Or even the Three? I just..."

She clutched her arms around herself, bracing against a horrible chill rising up from within. Something heavy and hollow, oozing through her marrow... it was fear, she realized. Awful, bone-cold dread at the very thought. Possible? Oh, it might absolutely be possible, Maea had never even considered the idea and knew nothing of whether it could happen or not...

"I just don't know if it should be considered," she sighed. Not surprised to find the air fogging with her exhale, magical ice going rogue on her for the first time in quite a while. "And I'm not just saying that because I'm devout - and I am - but... No, I don't know. Hopefully it's not something I'll ever have to think about again."

Who was she to judge the worth and value of someone, in the end? To play judge and jury over a divine being when she struggled just to find her own path thought life, seemed like the height of arrogance.
Nothing lasts forever, I thought you should know
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
MORGAN

"Hm." Morgan wasn't sure she was convinced by this sliding-doors argument, but she had no interest in trying to convince Maea of the benefits of killing a God; whether it was actually possible by mortal hands was in doubt anyway and if someone were to do it, she doubted it would be either of them.

Frankly she found Maea's horror and dramatic shiver all a little over the top. She'd always been able to discuss difficult ideas without letting them affect her and she felt her patience slipping. "We should think of everything that we are able to. The Gods...if legend is to be believed, made us and our minds. Why would they not want us to use them to their full capacity?"

Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
MAEA
Maea hated feeling like she had to pick a side, or indeed even sling argument for a case where she had no facts whatsoever to back herself up with. Her own opinions and thoughts carried very little weight, and more so than ever when it came to subjects as grandscale as this. The warning from The Voice echoed all too clearly in her mind; 'Remember this moment, when you think you understand things. When you think you have it all figured out... remember this moment, and know that you don't.' It was only words, only a reminder, but it might as well have been a curse. A hobble slung around her mind, effectively keeping the girl from ever making a solid, comfortable decision.

She didn't have anything figured out, ever. And no solution could be as simple and elegant as Morgan made it sound.

"Well... It's possible that they don't mind. But it's also possible that thinking along those lines will draw unwanted attention to me, and other Abandoned. I feel that we have quite enough bad reputation as it is, without adding 'godslaying' to the list of potential crimes." She wanted to be loved by the Old Gods, not pegged for a rebel of The Voice's ilk. If Ludo told her to find such a drastic solution, then that was one thing. On her own... Maea shook her head again.

"So far, neither she nor the Old Gods have made any hostile moves. While that lasts, I've every intention of enjoying this new freedom as much as I can. No offense meant, but... I've meddled enough in the bigger workings of the world." The portals remained a consequence of said meddling, and too much of a headache and a burden of guilt as it was. If she couldn't even sort that part out, then Maea certainly had no business getting in over her head in other areas of things either.

And while this was a pleasant enough conversation... she had places to be. Morgan was a stranger, a completely new face, and not someone she was about to spill all her secrets to. Save that for the third date, yes? Maea offered a smile, and took a few steps back.

"Hope you have some luck with those spirits... sorry for bothering you," she offered, and made to leave.
Nothing lasts forever, I thought you should know
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN

Maea struck Morgan as a coward, someone who clearly had the capacity to think about the things she put forward but not the gumption to act upon them, to do what she clearly had thought about; to give up on the Gods that had given up on them. Still, she did not waste breath on trying to further convince this believer - at the end of the day, the only person Morgan needed to believe wholeheartedly in her reasons was Morgan.

"You will find one day the 'bigger workings of the world' will come back to you." She warned, but said no more than that, simply shrugging as Maea went to leave. "Mm. Farewell."