reflections still look the same to me
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Amun's fingers didn't stop moving. Considering how often he worked clay, it wasn't difficult translating that dexterity and skill to flesh, as he continued to massage the knots out from Josh's back. When the newcomer turned to face the potter, he lifted his hands to the other man's neck, rubbing and stroking it gently, trying to ease the tension there.

Chuckling at the question, the Ascended nodded. "That I am. How about you?" Cocking his head to one side, he grinned. "Although I suppose you'd like to know that preferences don't matter quite as much to an Ascended." It came out idly, as if this was a normal conversation, though his eyes glittered with mischief.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Age: 42 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Lancy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Don't hang up yet, I'm not done
I'm an expert, I'm the one
Josh hadn't had someone massage him for years; then it had been a quick, silly thing in a hotel room, not anything like this. It felt like Amun actually knew what he was doing, and while Josh wasn't one for a lot of luxury, he felt like staying until the man was finished.

The question of his own sexuality...well, there was a good one. When you had seen ghosts, Sasquatches, mermaids, vampires...your concept of an attractive human warped. They all just looked so boring. Still, when he had been a more normal young man with normal young man interests, he had never felt limited to one field (except by the time in which he lived). "I had a wife. But I slept with some men in college too." He shrugged.

"Why do preferences not matter? Do you think your bite is powerful enough to override heterosexuality?" He asked, curious.
The one who was right all along
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Continuing to massage Josh's neck, Amun took a step forward. His body wasn't quite touching the newcomer, but the potter was close enough that his breath ghosted over the other man's skin. Once the Ascended felt Josh's neck was loose enough, Amun's hands drifted lower again, working on the newcomer's shoulders now.

Chuckling, the sound dark and low, the potter spoke in a quiet voice. "You don't sound too upset about your wife. I'm curious, what made you stop sleeping with men?" It came out idly, as if he didn't care about the answer one way or another.

His hands paused briefly before resuming their massage. "I know it can. I meant my personal preferences though. We don't...feel things the same way we used to."
AMUN
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Age: 42 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Josh noticed Amun step closer and looked back over his shoulder, raising an eyebrow. "Do you need to stand that close, or are you hoping the proximity of your dick to my ass is going to tempt me? It won't." He had much bigger things to think about, and while he was not the cleanest of people, fucking in a dirty forest pond wasn't a good idea.

"I last saw her twenty years ago. I'm not that sad about it." At the time he'd left her he had been, had fed himself some bullshit about sacrificing their marriage for his work and run off into the night...but that was a different time, a different man. As for men...he laughed. "It was in college. I got married after. I haven't had much sex after." Not that he'd sought out particularly anyway.

"You don't?" He asked, urging Amun to continue.
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun chuckled at Josh's response to the potter's proximity. "Yes." It came out in a slightly teasing tone. Clicking his tongue, he shook his head slightly. "Can't blame a guy for trying." All the while, his hands continued their steady massage, moving from the newcomer's shoulders to his upper back.

"Understood." Not having been much of a relationship person, the Ascended did actually get it. "Why not?" Surprisingly, his voice was more openly curious than suggestive.

His hands paused for the briefest of moments before resuming. "It's hard to explain. We don't feel physical pleasure or pain, except when we bite someone. We can still enjoy people's company, but it's...all in our heads. If that makes sense."
AMUN
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Change author:
The confirmation of Amun's motives was not particularly surprising and Josh found himself actually letting out a huff of laughter about the situation. "Trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result..I once heard something about that being insanity."

Gladly Amun didn't want to linger too long on Eliza; the topic didn't make Josh uncomfortable as much as it was difficult to talk about because he struggled to remember a lot of it. While he had escaped the realms he'd been in with a surprising amount of his mind intact, especially when compared to other investigators he'd seen, happy memories with loved ones were a particularly tasty treat for those monstrous things that resided between dimensional planes.

"Don't have much use or time for it. Far more interested in my work and investigations. If I do have sex, it's usually to further the investigation or occasionally to get rid of the urge so I can continue my work." He paused, then added: "If an entity I studied wanted to engage in intercourse I would take that offer for the investigative possibilities, but so far none of them have shown interest in sexual relations with me." Maybe he just wasn't their type.

Amun's explanation of Ascended pleasure actually made more sense to Josh than he would know, and he nodded. Stepping forwards, deciding he'd had enough of the massage, he turned to face Amun. "One last question. If you don't feel pain, can you be hurt? Can you die?" While they were both naked and facing each other, the question was spoken with a morbidly flat tone that would hopefully deflate any sexual atmosphere.
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun chuckled at Josh's comment. "I never said I was sane. But sometimes I get lucky." There was a lightly teasing tone to the potter's voice.

Narrowing his eyes slightly, he gave the newcomer an almost playful shove in the shoulder. "Is that why you agreed to let me bite you? For investigative purposes?" Grinning lazily, the Ascended shrugged. "Well if you ever feel the urge, or want to do more experiments, I'd be happy to assist you." He winked.

Not minding the fact that the other man turned around, Amun just shifted to massaging the front of Josh's shoulders. "We can be hurt and we can die. We heal more quickly than most, and we're immune to diseases and toxins, but we're not indestructible."
AMUN
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Change author:
Josh merely made a face that informed Amun he would not be getting lucky today, though the shove on his shoulder for a moment gave him an expression closer to a more genuine amusement. "I told you that was why. I will try anything to understand it clearer." His first test subject had always been himself. "I will likely contact you again once I have a better idea of what experiments I want to conduct."

It was not probable any of them would include having sex, sadly for Amun.

He stepped back from Amun with a look that said 'really?' and began to walk back to the shore, wanting to get dressed and get back on his walk. "Interesting. Well, immune to toxins is useful." If it wasn't for the fact that it involved alignment with a Goddess, he'd consider it.
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun winked at Josh, not put off by the newcomer's words or manner in the slightest. If anything, both emboldened the potter. "Looking forward to experimentation with you." His tone was wickedly suggestively.

Shrugging at the other man's response, the Ascended lowered his hands to his side. "It is both interesting and useful, yes." Following Josh back to their clothes, Amun dressed swiftly.

When the newcomer was ready as well, the potter would begin to lead the other man back towards the buildings once more. This time, the Ascended would remain silent unless Josh asked something more. Amun had already gotten a bite out of this encounter, so he should probably quite while he was ahead.
AMUN
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Change author:
"Yep." Josh replied, getting tired of Amun's constant flirting now. He was usually good at deflecting and ignoring but this was so persistent he was beginning to feel irritated and knew he soon would snap if he didn't leave.

Getting dressed as quickly as possible he would also be silent for the walk 'home', lost in his thoughts and more than happy to keep to himself. Once he arrived at the Settlement he said goodbye and left swiftly, walking off into a crowd.

{FIN}
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!