God Quest that's the story to tell
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
if i let go, would you hold on, would we fly?
is it safer if we just say that we tried?
Things were hollow, but the quest was done. And they couldn’t continue to hold onto the body of Coffee much longer, imagining that at the very least the dragon could be immortalized in the shrine even if they couldn’t get Peter and Adam. He hasn’t talked to Deimos or Amalia since then, since they’d parted ways after the disaster that was the hunt.

But he has now, to bring them to the shrine with him to turn it in. The Shield and Sword had taken hold of Coffee, not like Sunjata would fight them on it. He’s too tired to keep up the fight. But the Temple is completed, put back together with the help of the Dark Star, and here he brings the Shield to finish the shrine. Safrin’s chosen, and yet he’d gone and helped destroy two more of her Attuned. He wonders why he didn’t ask more questions, try to seek out a better alternative.

It’s too late now.

He looks to the space the shrine should go, chews on the inside of his cheek briefly as Haai settles on his shoulders, hugging tight to him through the emotions he feels. “Safrin, we’re here to build the shrine.” Hoarse, hollow, empty.

Sunjata’s turning in his quest with Amalia and Deimos ;_;

1. Something alive now dead – Dead coral e ala ē
2. Something dead now alive – Amalia suffer through this pain
3. A rare creature's heart – Coffee ;_; {PQ+} falling so hard, swimming through stars

PQ to fix the Temple: {PQ} this fate is well deserved
are we laughing at the danger?
are we dancing after death, you and I?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
a certain darkness is needed to see the stars
Amalia is silent as she follows Sunjata, Coffee clutched protectively within her arms.

It has been a hard few days since their ill-fated descent, a time for fragmented and fraying edges to at last unravel despite the copious applications of string and tape and glue. She hasn't cried - not yet, not again - and it is beginning to show, the lines of her slender face hard and ragged, her cheeks sallow with grief and a lack of self care. Even her legs feel meaningless now, the magnitude of Deimos' gift and effort offset by the weight of their brush with tragedy.

She comes to a halt beside the tall man, Jyoti hovering anxiously at her shoulder, the dragonlet cradled against her breast. It is the greatest honor she can think to bestow upon the fallen companion, the most noble purpose its body could serve, yet as she waits for Safrin to appear the Shield still feels hollow. She would give her own heart to undo what has happened - to change the cost they are paying for their arrogance to anything but this.
Amalia
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
not heroes any longer - we are tragedies of firelight and flesh
unholy sacraments of blood and broken bodies
A cycle of misgivings and tribulations, circling back upon one another in a twisting, tormenting sway. Content moments were fleeting and far-between now, stretched paper-thin, and the temptation to return to the Reaper – to unravel back into shadow, to seek out chords of nothingness, a void, an insurrection, a great hollowed, carved out knife, was great. But he followed just the same, in too deep, intending to complete the botched, disheveled, torn apart mission. To rebuild a shrine rankled and distorted, when all of them were just the same.

He had no words. He had nothing but the magnitude of his presence, standing alongside the Shield, uncertain of how far their disasters reached. His eyes flicked to her healed legs, grateful they’d been returned, but naught was expressed. Just a vast emptiness clutched and clawed, as his gaze settled on Coffee, on the weight of their failures, on the ways in which he wished they could go back. But they never could – the damage already done.
what use have we for feeble hymns of wasted faith;
for sordid songs of glory?
DEIMOS

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin

She appears sombre and silent and looking...displeased. This is meant to be about her. Her moment, her triumph and their carelessness has entirely stolen her thunder. Oh, she liked Adam and Peter well enough, but their deaths found them only a few years earlier than they might otherwise have done. This shrine though? This task and purpose, this stage set by three of her most cherished was now lacklustre thanks to the stain of blood, of remorse, and misplaced anger.

"Sunjata. Amalia, Deimos." Her chin lifts as she regards them, eyes dipping to the dark dragon clutched in Amalia's arms.

"The heart of a dragon...Not an easy task to acquire, as you have seen for yourselves.." Her eyes again fall to Coffee, sighing softly. Safrin does so love dragons.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Safrin appears, almost dimmed, almost upset – and Sunjata can’t tell what the reason is. Immediately his mind goes to Adam and Peter, not knowing what displeased the goddess, but knowing what hurt him deep down enough. People had trusted him, and he’d made some shit decisions. Still, he lets his gaze linger on his goddess before dipping his head to her in greeting as the deity looks to Coffee.

We hope it will work for the heart.” He offers, somewhat quietly, somewhat reserved – far past too many emotions now. He looks to Amalia now, briefly, fleeting before he focuses on Safrin again. “Amalia we thought could be used for the something once dead now alive. Her and I went and grabbed a bit of coral for the once alive now dead.” He pulls the coral from a pack along his shoulder – bone white against his suntanned skin.

Ronin helped rebuild the Temple as well.” Though he suspects she knows this already, suspects something had brought the Dark Star to the Grounds other than a letter offering the chance for him. Amends, perhaps? Sucking in a deep breath, he looks back to Safrin. “I’m sorry about Adam and Peter.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
She'd been petulant and childish, the last time she saw Safrin. Too caught up in her grief and anger to pay the goddess her due respect - and still, the deity had healed her legs.

Now as she looks upon the goddess for whom she swore to be a shield Amalia feels neither anger nor blame. Only guilt fills the hollow void of her chest, awareness of her own inadequacies, of the failure she is again and again. But still the goddess gives her second chances, regards her with affection- why?

Amalia may never know the answer, and that thought terrifies her to her core.

Sunjata speaks his explanations with the Sword and Shield silently beside. It is not until the tall man finishes that the girl steps forward, her voice hoarse and quiet with guilt and grief. "I'm sorry," she murmurs, looking up at Safrin - for the losses, for her earlier outburst, for not being enough. With the tenderness of a mourning mother she unwraps Coffee's body, placing a soft kiss on the scaled head before extending the still form to Safrin. "I can think of no better way to honor him, than building a shrine to you."
Amalia
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos had played only a little part in these moments – and they’d been devastating footholds, a grappling situation that had grown steadily worse as the instances careened on. He wasn’t surprised to feel the distinction of displeasure pervade as the goddess appeared; because while they had things to show for their efforts, what was lost likely far outweighed the minute successes. The dragon had fallen, amongst its kin, its spirits, its fellow souls, only to be utilized here and now. For a greater purpose? A means to an end? It grated and churned. He said nothing.

Once dead now alive burned against him too, for he was the same. The beast wasn’t certain how many times they’d have to grapple with the situations until they were plucked back into their oblivion. Until mistakes caught up with them, until the cycle broke and fell across their spines once more.

But all of this was for Safrin: misshapen, cracked, splintered, fractured things – themselves and their requiems. He had naught to offer but his presence, unless she required something else. Otherwise, he was stuck in those silent angles and regards of remorse, his eyes flickering to Amalia, Sunjata, and back again to the herald, hollowed, carved out.
DEIMOS

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Safrin

The goddess is shocked into silence as Sunjata speaks, her eyes flitting swiftly to Amalia as he names her part of...well, the offering. In other times her reaction might have been swift, but these waters are murky and uncertain. Safrin cannot simply be as vindictive and quick to act as she has been in centuries past.

"Amalia, when you are given a list of ingredients to make a cake, isn't it so that those ingredients are used in the baking?" The goddess glances between Sunjata, Deimos, and Amalia. "Sword and Shield. In the construction of my shrine in the fields...were not all components used up in its making?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He should’ve expected this, yet nothing of the sort had occurred to him. Amalia had offered Jyoti at first, imagining that something alive would work just as well, offered herself for that portion, and it had made sense to him too. But here? With Safrin’s surprise and the words of baking and using all the ingredients, implying that they’d have to sacrifice Amalia for the cause seems so far against what Life was all about.

All he can think is that he hasn’t thought this through at all, had taken Amalia’s suggestion of using herself and thinking nothing of it. He should have known better.

His jaw clenches and he looks away from Safrin, looking to anywhere but her and Amalia and Deimos. “I thought perhaps her help would be enough, we didn’t consider it being a sacrifice.” And they hadn’t, because it was for life. He exhales sharply, shaking his head. “We can come back with something else.” Because he’s not here to sacrifice anyone else, already too much blood had been spilled in his life. That and he’s sure he wouldn’t live through it should he accept the idea of it anyway.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
She doesn't at first understand as the goddess's glance passes between them, nor does she fully comprehend how her question applies to their current venture. It feels rhetorical, so she does not answer, her confusion only growing at the second part of inquiry. Were not all the components used...? Then they had brought only the little starmotes, which became part of...

It hits her at the same time that Sunjata gives his response, and she can feel her stomach bottoming out as the implications ring home. She, too, had thought that the construction would not come with a cost to life - an assumption already proven false by the lifeless body in her arms. If only Sunjata had asked any questions---!

"No." Amalia does not look at Deimos or Sunjata; her eyes are for Safrin, her voice trembling but strong. "I have always promised myself to the Old Gods. To you, and to Vi. And if... if the cost of this shrine is to be more life, then I would rather it be mine than anything else's."
Amalia
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Reality sunk and simmered; errors in understanding again. His jaw clenched tight, notions, comprehension coiling and scraping down his spine, taut, hands curling into fists, expression otherwise distant, reticent, while he warred along the inside. He wasn’t certain who to be angry at, or if he should just coil back into ruin here and now, with the way the world churned and burned and threatened – why he bothered fighting against it constantly when it all tumbled down upon him anyway. Why he willingly carried all their weight on his shoulders. Why he faced barrage after barrage.

Why he’d fought for Amalia time and time and time again, when she wasn’t willing to fight for herself. When no matter what he did for her seemingly amounted to naught.

For a moment, he was nothing – absolutely nothing but some living, breathing vessel, a hollowed-carved out niche. The Sword considered weighing out the onslaught, the grind in his potency, simply declaring no. But it wasn’t his decision to make, and Amalia hadn’t considered him. Hadn’t even looked at him. Just willingly gave herself over.

“We can find something else.” An echo of Sunjata, and then his eyes lifted back to the goddess, swallowing down anything and everything. “Or you can take me instead.” Because he’d been dead, perished in mountain walls, and reborn. Why? For what purpose?

And did it matter?
DEIMOS

Change author:
Safrin

Safrin folds her arms across her chest as she looks between Deimos and Amalia. "Are you so quick to throw your lives away? I know you are." She said pointedly looking at Amalia, the incident at the temple not lost on her, before looking towards Deimos, "But you?"

Reaching out a hand to curl it around one of Sunjata's biceps, she fixed the couple in question with another look. "I didn't tell tall and handsome here that I needed a sacrifice, merely the components. That you're interpreting things that way is...disappointing." Holding up a finger, she looked toward the once-Flood with narrowed eyes. "As for this not being the way of life, I'll thank you all to keep the wisdom of your twenty-something years in check."

Stepping away and looking at the three like naughty children who've taken out all the pots and pans and filled them with flour and chocolate sauce, Safrin shakes her head. "This is not merely a shrine for me. The Temple has always been a place of worship. Dead to Alive for Ludo, Alive then dead for me, and the heart of a creature for Frey." She explained, lips pulled down with disappointment.

"By all means though, since you're all so very willing to die without bothering to think, perhaps I ought to just grant you this."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He listens as Amalia says no and offers herself up, followed quickly by Deimos, far enough that Sunjata clenches his jaw, sighs quietly through his nose, wondering when it would be over when he feels Safrin curl her hand around his arm, and he looks up to his goddess with quiet consideration. He feels like a child among all the confusion, remaining silent as he considers her words.

Perhaps… perhaps something dead but come back to life wasn’t really needed at all. Perhaps just the symbolism of it? Perhaps he’s wrong, but he tries it anyway after Safrin finishes. His free hand reaches for the necklace around his neck that had been a gift given to him, a carving of a whale made from bone, repurposed, worn again, something given a different purpose than the death it had held as being post among the wastes of Halo.

Wait. Would… Something like this work?” He asks, slipping the necklace from his neck, holding it in his scarred palm as he looks up to Safrin. Though he supposes if he’s way off the mark she’ll certainly let him know. “It’s made from bone.

Sunjata offers the bone carving necklace Maea gave him here: please forgive me, I can’t sleep at night
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Nothing is ever right, is it? If a sacrifice is not needed, then why will she not work as a component? Why must she be inadequate again, less than what is needed? It bites against her tongue, her throat, fluttering needles of discontent. Even Deimos' offer of taking her place - laughable, to think she would allow such a thing, and Safrin seems to know it as well - barely punctures through her fog of discontent.

So they have failed again, thoughtless and brash, trying to do everything she can to be right and utterly messing the whole thing up. She bites her lips and clutches the dragon tighter, a shield against her many mistakes, her errors and inadequacy. How can she fix this? A whale bone given new life, offers Sunjata.

"What about a butterfly?" the Shield offers softly, her eyes downcast on Coffee's form. "It dies as a caterpillar to be reborn..." And reaching out with her mind, she compels a nearby one from its slumber, iridescent wings fluttering in Safrin's radiant silver light.
Amalia