Training somethings never die
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
The departure of Loren had been a surprisingly hard one. While Oliver did understand the reasons for him leaving, he still felt sad. Lonely. Even if Loren never reciprocated any of the feelings, that didn't mean Oliver wasn't going to be upset about his departure. So much so that he actually decided to venture outside in the cold of Halo. Damn. Loren better be pretty damn appreciative of this.

It wasn't too hard to figure out that Loren was in the palace the hardest part was finding an excuse. What was that excuse? Loren just coincidentally left behind a scarf and a dagger. Oh no. Might as well go to deliver it back to him.

Wandering through Halo, Oliver was nicely wrapped up in coats and a lovely hat. Along with him was a satchel that had a canteen of water, a fur, and the stuff that Loren had 'left behind.' The palace was surprisingly easy to find and once there, he was ushered into a seating area where he soon sat and waited, hoping that Loren would soon be within his company.

Loren
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
They say blood makes you related but
loyalty makes you family
Loren got a message from one of the guards that someone had come to the Palace to see him. Sighing, he'd thanked the woman. Emerging from the infirmary, he'd pulled out a flask, and taken swigs from it periodically as he strode through the halls.

When he reached the sitting room he'd been directed to, he put the flask away. Smoothing the front of his all black garments, he took a deep breath and schooled his expression into something cooly polite. Pushing through the doors, his eyes landed on Oliver.

When the healer saw the other man, the Launceleyn let the mask slip away, instead smirking at Oliver. "Oliver. What brings you to Halo?" Letting the door swing shut, Loren crossed his arms and leaned against the wall just by the doorway.
LOREN
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
Just sitting in the room he was directed to be in was hard enough. He had to stop his legs from bouncing due to the amount of energy pent up in his body. Hopefully nobody was watching him secretly, thinking he was acting suspcious because honestly...he was being super suspicious. A random blonde dude shows up asking for Loren and he coincidentally has more than one dagger on him, totally not a murder attempt, yep. Thankfully, Oliver had a fondness for Loren and he could only hope that those within the palace would see that he was being honest that he was only here to bring Loren his stuff. Yep. Totally

The door opening caused his eyes to widen and he turned his head slowly towards Loren. He had to hide any sign of happiness, though, a small smile still cracked through, showing itself just thanks to the sight of his familiar friend. Loren seemed to be doing pretty alright. He wasn't as grumpy as he could be, so maybe things were going alright with him.

Oh right. He was asked a question. "Oh! You left a couple of things at the manor. I wanted to bring them over to you." It would become obvious that there was far more to his trip than just bringing over some stuff, but thanks to the fact that Loren hopefully had no idea what he forgot, Oliver still had some time.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
loyalty makes you family
At Oliver's barely contained excitement, Loren raised an eyebrow. He kept his own emotions locked down under his mental walls. Taking out the flask, he paused with it halfway to his lips when the other man mentioned the healer had forgotten something. "I doubt it. I left everything I did for a reason, and I haven't missed anything back in the Manor."

Finally, he took a sip. "Thanks for making the trip. You can keep whatever it is, though, sorry to waste your time. Was that all?" Lowering his hand, he stared steadily at Oliver. As he did, the Launceleyn swept his gaze over the other man, wondering if that was the sole purpose behind the visit.
LOREN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Things got super awkward when he found out that apparently, Loren left them on purpose. Why on earth would he purposefully leave stuff behind? At least some of the things could probably be of use, such as being given to someone in Halo or traded off in Halo. Oliver didn't believe in being so wasteful, even if they held bad memories. Find something good to do with it, don't simply abandon it for the object to rot. Obviously, his distaste would show ever so slightly with a crinkle of his nose, but he mostly hid it well other than that.

"You can always see what it was, just in case." Who knows, maybe Loren did accidentally leave something behind and just didn't realize it. If not, Oliver would find good use for it, but seeing as he was already here might as well try and talk a bit. No harm in chatting with his friend after not seeing him for a while.

Loren had caught on, which wasn't really a surprise. Oliver hadn't exactly hid it all that well so he could only be happy that Loren didn't have him immediately thrown out. Maybe that meant the other man was happy to see him as well? "I mean...I did want to check in with you...maybe just talk with you and I don't know, see around the palace or something? I'm... I'm not sure. Whatever you're up for." There was far more he wanted to ask for, but he knew that there were limits. Some things were better left unsaid or never requested of Loren. Oliver knew better than to push it, so he'd play it safe for now and remain within the pre-established boundaries.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
At Oliver's distate, Loren raised his eyebrows. Then he turned to focus his whole attention on his fellow hybrid, and not in an entirely pleasant way. Indeed, the healer's gaze was almost predatory. "Alright then. Show me, so I can repeat what I just said and move on." The words came out short and clipped.

Letting a little bit of the self-loathing and the distaste for everything that roiled within him spill through his link with the other man, the Launceleyn tilted his head to the side. "I'm up for very little these days. Unfortunately, I still have work to do. So did you come here for anything specific?" There was a slightly dangerous edge to Loren's voice now.
LOREN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Whatever had happened to Loren since his arrival in Halo was shocking to put it lightly. It was almost as if an entire gear had shifted in the man's brain. The humble man who spoke little, showed little happiness was gone, so it seemed. In replacement was somewhat of a mixture of the frustrated side of Loren, the one who hated himself and seemingly had a grudge out on everything. It was hard to explain what it was and Oliver wasn't sure if he liked it nor if it was a good thing. It was hard to read him nor expect what would happen and reminded him of the interaction he had with Remi. Just thinking of that caused him to feel a pang of pain, which he quickly tried to hide.

Digging into his satchel, he pulled out the dagger and the scarf. "I'm...I'm pretty sure these were yours...wanted to see if you could find a use for it, it felt wrong to take them or use them." He couldn't just steal Loren's old items, which was why he just had to bring them to the owner. Oliver didn't consider stealing, it just felt wrong. Why steal when everyone could easily have access to resources? Why steal when you could just fairly trade for something? It felt wrong and dishonest. The last thing he wanted to do was steal from his friend.

With a tap of his foot, his eyes shifted away, feeling as though he were put in his place. Loren was once again the man of the building, the one who was in charge. All Oliver could do was speak to him and hope his requests would be answered. "I mean....I don't know for sure." Thinking quickly, he ran through all of his memories with Loren. Painting was out for sure, exploring probably was also out since he personally really, really hated the outdoors of Halo, and cooking had never happened, though he asked for it, so obviously that was out. Then it came to him.

Looking at Loren with slightly wide eyes, Oliver tried to speak with confidence. "I want you to train with me. It's been a while since we last did something and I feel I have greatly improved since then."
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Loren barely glanced at the items Oliver produced before the healer shook his head. "I don't need them, no. Like I said, I brought what I needed, and that was it. You can do whatever you want with what's left. Taking a sip from his flask, his eyes narrowed as he continued to stare at his fellow hybrid.

When the other man asked for training, however, the Launceleyn let out a huff of laughter, though the sound was far from amused. "If you want training, you should join my cousin's school. She's the one in charge of magic in Halo." Regarding Oliver cooly, Loren finally nodded slowly. "But alright. Give me your best shot." He spread his arms, inviting the other man to make the first move.
LOREN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Oliver may be a blonde but he certainly wasn't a dumbass. He also wasn't blind or oblivious...okay he wasn't completely oblivious. He had enough awareness to recognize that Loren didn't even check over the items he had brought, but no matter. The clarification that the hybrid no longer wanted the items was good enough for him. The items would be under safe keeping with him, seeing as Oliver would gladly make use of that dagger. And the scarf? Sure. It wasn't super fashionable, but nothing of Loren's ever was, but it could be made into something nice.

The last thing Oliver expected was to find out Loren had a sister. He knew about the brothers, but a sister? Dang. "Well, I guess I can join, sure." It's nice of Loren to offer to train him even after mentioning his sister's school. Oliver would absolutely have to take on the offer of training at a proper school seeing as he needed far more help with his magic. For now, Loren would do fine. Standing on up, Oliver kept a close eye on Loren, quickly surveying the area once more. Tightening his grip on the dagger and scarf Oliver ran through a list of possibilities.

Using his telekinesis, he flung the scarf at Loren, attempting to wrap it around his eyes as though it were attacking his head, trying to will it to cover up his eyes. He'd then proceed to toss the dagger onto the couch before he'd try and use his telekinesis once more to yank on the rug from underneath Loren's feet. He was playing dirty, absolutely, but Oliver knew he couldn't throw a punch and the moment he got super close to Loren he'd be fucked.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Loren shrugged. "Don't talk to me, talk to Zariah." There was something wry and darkly amused about his voice.

Taking one last long pull from his flask, he slipped it into a pocket. Then Oliver tossed a scarf at the healer and he smirked as it wrapped around his head. Not bothering to pull it away, he stood there as the rug was literally pulled out from under him.

Obviously he fell backwards, smacking his ass against the hard ground and banging his head against the wall. Only then did he rip the scarf off, gripping it tightly. Vision slightly hazy from his head injury, he located the other man. Then the Launceleyn sent a flurry of sharp icicles straight for Oliver.
LOREN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Well, guess that's an answer. "Sure, yeah, I'll try to find her when she's free." Looks like he was about to become a student to a lady he didn't even know, but surely she was kind. Why else would Loren recommend her to him? Loren wouldn't put him in harms way, he was kind and respectful and clearly wanted the best for him.

And of course, that meant Loren was prepared to train him. Now, if this had been a season ago, he would've been absolutely terrified and scared, but this new him? He was prepared for anything. And Loren? He also seemed prepared for anything...sort of. Luckily enough, his plan worked! The scarf had covered up Loren's eyes and he managed to get the man to fall down. A triumphant smile appeared on Oliver's face...until he absolutely wasn't prepared.

He barely had enough time to see the icicles in time to fling the tray of water towards him, using it to protect his torso. Unfortunately, that also meant part of him was still vulnerable and some icicles pierced into his legs. Simply out of reflex, he used his telekinesis to fling the tray straight at Loren. Looking up every once and a while, he yanked a couple of the icicles out of his leg. Just to try and buy him some more time, he'd move on to creating an illusion of a fire that slowly started to circle around Loren's feet, hoping that it'd keep him distracted long enough to yank out the rest of the icicles.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
As the tray came flying towards Loren, he just turned to take it on his shoulder with bruising force, grunting as it hit. When the fire sprang up, he ignored it, letting it crawl towards his feet, snarling savagely. Raising a hand, he clenched it into a first. The icicles, both the ones in Oliver and the one's that had been blocked, grew sharp on all their edges and sides, so that if the other man tried to pull them out, he'd cut himself.

The ones in the other hybrid would slide deeper into him, while the healer sent another flurry towards the other man. At the same time, the Launceleyn made more, sending another barrage towards Oliver in the hopes of bleeding him dry.
LOREN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
None of the attacks seemed to be working in his favor. The fire was completely ignored, unlike the last time he used it where the person believed it to be real. To make the matters worse, the tray didn't even stop Loren at all, hell, it seemed to give him even more fuel.

His work towards removing the icicles seemed futile as the moment he tried to yank out another icicle, his hand was left with a cut on it. Wincing, he tried to move the table to block him from Loren's attacks only to have even more ice thrown his way. As icicles pierced into his chest he let out a yelp and collapsed onto his knees. With only one idea left, he willed the blade that lay on the couch to fly straight for Loren's leg, hoping that it'd be able to pierce into his upper thigh and give him enough time to figure out these icicles. It hurt, but it would be fine. Loren could heal him. He would be fine.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
the Firebrand

Change author:
loyalty makes you family
Loren saw the dagger flying towards him, but made no move to block it. Instead, he let it take him in the thigh, grunting a little as it pierced his flesh. Raising both hands now, he sent a stream of water from both, coursing to either side of the table that Oliver was cowering behind.

Once past, the healer brought his hands together. The two streams of water blasted towards the other hybrid. The Launceleyn's plan was to hit the other man with both streams simultaneously, trying to knock him down further and keep him disoriented to prevent him from throwing anything else.
LOREN