we could find new ways to fall apart
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
whatever comes, let it come
what stays, let it stay
Loren clearly didn’t care if Sunjata smoked or not, given his lack of reaction to the bartender’s lit cigarette. ”Yeah, well Safrin has little love for me and the feeling is kind of mutual.” The healer’s voice came out more snarl than words, though the flash of annoyance faded almost immediately.

Glancing at the other man, the Launceleyn shrugged. "Wasn't planning on doing it in front of her again, so sure." The words came out bitterly. Still, he nodded slowly.

"Same to you, I suppose." Taking a long drink, he traced a finger around the rim of the mug after. "Don't break her heart. She deserves better than that." There was a threat in there, albeit buried deep under exhaustion and despair.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
don't you know i'm no good for you?
The confirmation to Sunjata’s figure of speech, of how Safrin didn’t care for him much rolls off him with little care. Not in light of everything he’s learned today. So instead he focuses on the question he’s given the summoner, waiting for the answer even though it doesn’t satisfy him in the slightest. He sighs, drags from his cigarette and concedes to the bartender to get another mug.

The threat from Loren is met with a feathering of his lip as the bartender hands him a new drink. “Yeah well if you keep going on like you are I don’t find you much of a threat.” He manages before taking another deep drink of the mug. What number was it now? Already he was fuzzy, his accent far thicker now. “But don’t worry. She knows everything and still she’s staying.” He says offhandedly, things that he didn’t think Loren even knew, things Phoebe hadn’t known.
i've learned to lose, you can't afford to
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
what stays, let it stay
Sipping his own mug, Loren sighed and gave Sunjata a wry look. "Don't make me kick your ass again." The healer waggled his fingers, and as he did, his mug lifted in the air for a moment under the direction of his telekinesis before settling down again.

Turning to face front, he snorted at the bartender's assurance. Raising the mug, the Launceleyn brought it to his lips, though his didn't quite drink yet. Instead, he just left it there. "Yes, well, you'll forgive me if I don't necessarily believe you do as easily as she does, given your track record." There was no sympathy in his voice, though it wasn't mocking or challenging either.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Loren waggles his fingers at him and Subjata snorts into the drink. “I’m so scared.” He manages to feign some dramatics, but it dies as soon as he takes a sip and sets the mug along the counter top. But he remains silent enough that Loren faces forward and Sunjata shifts in his seat a small amount, focusing on the interior of the bar.

Ah yes, my infamous track record.” His lip curls slightly before he shakes his head. “And yet… This one is probably the best one I’ve been in since arriving.” He doesn’t count Lusea’s resurrection as part of it, their relationship having been brought up in Caido, far before now. But in comparison to his relationship with Phoebe? This one was certainly leagues better. Their goals similar, similar ideals for life as it was, not trying to cage one another even if he grew too protective.

Perhaps it’s because he’s drunk, but his voice drops a small amount as he stares at the mug. “Do you think… It’s reasonable to be afraid to love someone again?” Someone like him, in a situation like the ones he’s been in, where love meant death or unhappiness. Even the word itself feels like ash on his tongue.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
Loren just shrugged again at Sunjata's lack of fear. "Underestimate me at your peril." Though the healer's tone was flat, and that might've under some circumstances been construed as a joke, he was honestly telling the truth there.

"Yes. Your infamous track record." As the bartender went on to explain how much better it was with Maea, the Launceleyn snorted disbelievingly. "Low bar, you've got to admit." There wasn't any animosity in the words, though they were cruel enough in their own way.

At the other man's question, Loren found himself responding immediately and without hesitation. "Of course I think it's reasonable." Turning to give Sunjata a sad look, the healer bit his lip. "I never got to tell Abasi I loved him. Now...I'm just...terrified of ever letting anyone in again. I definitely don't think I'll love again for a long time, if ever. Because...I feel like bad things happen to those around me. And I'm...not sure how much more loss I can take before..." His voice trailed off, since he didn't feel like he actually needed to finish that thought.

Turning away, he closed his eyes. "I know the truth is that bad things will happen whether I'm there or not. But that, it doesn't help." Sighing, he opened his eyes so that he could blink away a sudden bout of tears.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He considers Loren’s words for a brief moment; contemplating the bar. “I had a high bar before coming here. Just… knocked it down quite a few pegs.” He answers honestly, a bit sadly, before the true question springs to mind and he utters it without thinking, without contemplating what it could mean. His gaze lifts from the mug to listen to Loren’s response, finding his head turning toward the summoner as he still clutches his drink.

He sees the sad look Loren gives him, the confirmation he needs, and he huffs a small inhale as he frowns to the honesty of it all. “I was like that, with Lusea. I’m sorry Loren.” He says quietly, how terrified he had been to let someone in, to know the real him. Perhaps that’s why Phoebe and him could never work, why she had wanted to change him when she’d realized what it was he was becoming. He gnaws on his lip, turning to give the summoner some space as he focuses on the mug again.

It feels like when you say it, it’s like Caido can hear it and takes it from you.” He says with some small part of frustration. “She told me she loved me and I wanted to tell her too… But I couldn’t, I can’t. I want to but to say it feels like holding a rope around her neck.” An admission, not sure if it matters, if it changes anything in the end.
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
Letting out a humorless laugh at Sunjata's comment, Loren gave the bartender an unamused look. "I feel like that's somehow offensive to everyone in Caido." Still, the healer wasn't actually bothered by the statement.

Shrugging at the other man's apology, the Launceleyn shook his head slightly. "Not like it's your fault." The words were quiet, and he rolled his mug between his palms almost nervously. "Life didn't exactly prepare me for happiness. Which is why I have so much trouble accepting it when I find it."

Closing his eyes, he sighed. "Of course, some people would say that I'm just whining, like I always do, and that's no excuse and that I have no right to always complain about how rough my life is." His voice came out bitterly.

Opening his eyes, he gave Sunjata a haunted look. Loren's eyes glittered with unshed tears. "Like I said, bad things happen whether we say it or not. They did to Abasi." Taking a shuddering breath, he bit his lip. "So take it from someone who regrets keeping quiet. Tell her, before it's too late." There was a sort of quiet desperation to the suggestion.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He nods as Loren speaks, head tilting as he stares back at the mug and listens to him. He supposes it makes sense, how different things had been when he just… Accepted it. “I didn’t know what it was until Lusea showed me.” He offers as a way of connecting. And gods, how he’d fallen into it, let it soak him through only to have his happiness ripped away.

He’s not sure what hurts worse. Having it and getting it taken away, or trying not to have it in the first place.

Everyone has something to bitch about that doesn’t involve them.” He offers again, though there’s some spark of sad humor beneath it — plenty had much to say about his own circumstances and situations. But he tries not to let them bother him at the end of the day.

So he focuses on Loren when he tells him he should, that he’d never had the chance to with Abasi, and he sighs heavily before nodding to that. “I think I will. Thanks Loren.” It’s unclear if it’s sort of a solemn tone, but he reaches over to try and give Loren’s shoulder a squeeze, an almost brotherly sort of action.
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
"I didn't know what it was until..." Until it was too late, rang unspoken between them, though Sunjata might've gotten hints of it through the link with Loren. "You know, for how precious and rare it is, you'd think we'd be better at recognizing when we've stumbled upon it." His voice was sad, and for a moment a wave of exhaustion coursed through him.

Resting his cheek on the bar, head facing towards the bartender, the healer shrugged. "Apparently it's a vicious cycle with me." Despite the uncertainty in his voice, he was almost ready to believe that, and his expression grew sorrowful as he considered that.

As the other man squeezed the Launceleyn's shoulder, he lifted his head. Blinking, he shook his head. "Don't thank me." It came out sharply and reflexively, but the refusal was evident.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Oh, Sunjata does hear the unspoken words beneath the Launceleyn’s trailing end to his words, and he takes a deep drink of the mug to finish it off as his head swims with the alcohol, a sigh leaving his throat with it as he shakes his head a small amount. “I think we’re just blinded to it.” He offers. To the good parts when they’re there, only recalling the bad. Perhaps if they had more time to focus on the good, things might be better… Or they might hurt even worse.

You never really know anymore.

Loren’s next comment as he rests his head on the bar causes him to shrug. “I tend to get the people that pretend they know me better than I know myself.” He offers, gaze sliding over to Loren with a small raise of his brow, as if the summoner was one of them – though he wasn’t sure if it was because Loren somehow held some sort of care for him (much like the one Sunjata had for the Launceleyn, in a brotherly sort of way though he’d never say it) or what it was.

He lifts his head and refuses the thanks and Sunjata shrugs, withdrawing his hand back to the bar and the mug. “Alright.” A quiet and easy concession.
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
Shrugging, Loren shook his head sadly. "Maybe. Or maybe we're just too afraid to admit it to ourselves." Voice slightly slurred, he gestured vaguely, as if to indicate that there was no real rhyme or reason to any of this.

"Better than having no people at all." It came out swiftly, without actual conscious thought behind it. Pressing his lips together, he found himself tilting his mug back and forth, anything to avoid looking at Sunjata.

At least the bartender retracted his thanks. The healer nodded slowly, then tossed back his drink. Sitting up straight, he turned to face the other man. "I'm sorry for your losses." It came out quietly, and quickly, as if the Launceleyn needed to say it before he chickened out. "And I hope everything works out for you and Maea."
what goes, let go
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata also offers Loren a shrug to the initial comment, finding the truth within it as much as he wants to deny it. He was terrified to admit anything to himself, let alone to anyone else, and with it he realizes that life itself was… Difficult when keeping things bottled up, but he’d learned how to deal with it. At the comment of having no people at all, Sunjata looks over at the summoner with a slight frown. “I’m here for you, you know. You won’t let me, but I am.” A shrug to that, a tip of his mug once more before he retracts his thanks.

He sees Loren straighten in his peripheral vision, and he turns to focus on the summoner when Loren does the same to him, his skin flushed with the alcohol as he listens. A frown crosses his face initially and he sighs, jaw clenching slightly. “I’m sorry for yours too.” A small acceptance an offering, a truce of sorts. At the mention of Maea, he nods with something like deeply hidden gratitude. “I hope it does too.” He agrees – trying to change in the ways that he can to make it work.
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
At Sunjata's comment, Loren sighed and looked away. "Are you?" It came out without a hint of animosity, just a sort of sad curiosity. "Because...you didn't exactly come seek me out. Not once." Again, it wasn't an accusation, just a statement of fact. "Then again, no one else really did either."

Draining the rest of his mug, he shook his head when he was asked if he wanted a refill. Shrugging a bit at the bartender's condolences, the healer bit his lip. "I'm used to it by now. No doubt I'll get through this one like I've gotten through all the rest of them." Standing up, he swayed a bit in place as the alcohol hit him.

"Let me know if...never mind." He shook his head clearly thinking better of whatever had been on his mind.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
You’re a hard man to find.” He says quietly at first. “And you know my problems with Halo… I’m making an effort for Maea to get over it.” He explains, shifting the mug in his hands, turning to look at Loren with something akin to fear in his gaze. “And I don’t want to risk running around the Citadel looking for you at the risk of running into Zariah in case it endangers her somehow.” A quiet explanation, because Zariah knew who he was, knew what his Guild was, knew him. And if she knew all she’d have to do to get him where she wanted him was to mess with Maea, well, he’d rather not let that happen.

He looks away when Loren continues, nodding in understanding regardless, before he focuses on the comment Loren gives after. “If what?” A quieter question, gaze lifting to the Summoner in the question of what he was going to say. Needing to know what he was going to say.
SUNJATA