we could find new ways to fall apart
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
whatever comes, let it come
what stays, let it stay
Loren spread his arms a little. "Am I? It's not like my appointment as Grand Healer was a secret." Shaking his head a little sadly, he looked away from Sunjata. "And nothing was stopping you from sending me a note asking me to meet you elsewhere. Or visiting me while shifted." There wasn't anything accusatory or challenging about the healer's voice. He was just stating a fact.

Hesitating, he fidgeted from side to side. Finally he sighed, and pinched his nose. "Zariah is going to be...apoplectic about Peter." Grimacing, he swallowed past the lump in his throat. "All the more reason for you to be careful." Biting his lip, he gave the bartender a concerned look.

However, he glanced aside again, rubbing one hand up and down his arm. "I was just going to say let me know if you want or need me for anything. But..." Voice trailing off, he shrugged, and turned to stumble away.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
don't you know i'm no good for you?
The facts are stated, and the truth of it was that Sunjata hadn’t tried hard enough – with everything else going on, with everything the summoner had gone through, and somehow it hits him rather deep as well, realizing the lows that Loren was at and how he hadn’t been there when he said he would. He puffs out a sigh, stares at the mug in his hand. “You’re right.” He offers at first. “I’m sorry. I haven’t been there for you like you’ve been there for me.” He rumbles quietly, looking up to stare at the wall when the Launceleyn begins to speak of Zariah and a muscle clenches in his jaw.

Yeah, I’ll do my best.” He offers a bit unhelpfully, hand lifting from the mug a small amount as if to gesture for it, but mostly just to add to the exasperation he feels within about it. And he glances over at Loren with the concerned look, his own lip feathering with the look. Sunjata was no match against magic, regardless of how much he trained with it.

But he asks Loren what he was going to say, and he shakes his head when the summoner goes to trail off and stumble away – he staggers to his feet and reaches out to try and clasp the man on the shoulder. “Loren, no.” He begins, accent thick as he focuses on the man. “You let me know if you need me. I’ll be there, okay?
i've learned to lose, you can't afford to
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
whatever comes, let it come
what stays, let it stay
Loren just shrugged at Sunjata's apology. "No need to say sorry. I wasn't...I never really expect people to be there for me, if I'm being honest. And I've gotten pretty good at being alone." There was no judgment or animosity in the healer's voice, just a sort of quiet resignation and acceptance.

Nodding at the bartender's declaration that he'd try to keep his head down, the Launceleyn rubbed a hand almost nervously on his thigh. However, after he turned away, he wasn't expecting the other man to follow, or to grab Loren's shoulder. Stilling almost entirely, he glanced aside, not able to meet Sunjata's gaze.

The healer rubbed his eyes tiredly. Then, he almost gently slid the bartender's hand from the Launceleyn's shoulder. "I'll do my best." It came out barely above a whisper. "But I'm...pretty bad at asking for help. Especially when I need it the most." Hugging his arms to his chest, he smiled sadly and ruefully. There was something almost melancholy about his expression.

Letting his hands drop, he bit his lip. "Take care of yourself, yeah? And don't worry about me. I'll...I'll be alright." With that, he turned to stumble away again, heading as best he could for the exit.

-FIN
what goes, let go
LOREN