a spoonful of sugar helps the paranoia go down
for Amalia
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Age: 42 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Lancy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
JOSH
Amalia's shock came as a surprise - Josh himself had been shocked that there wasn't anyone living in the structure at the moment. "I want to live somewhere high enough I might be able to use the strike of lightning for an electric generator eventually...and it's secure, high up enough for a good view, and there's plenty of space. And I want to investigate the Spire itself, so where better to be than on it?" His voice was casual, conversational, apparently completely missing Amalia's irritation.

He just 'hmm'ed at Jyoti being more than a pet, having heard plenty of people back home say similar things of their dogs or cats.

Eating the pie with no particular care for table manners or grace, he shrugged at her continued questions. "I don't know what happened there. Tell me."
01100110 01110101 01101011 00100000 01110101
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
"You want to be struck by lightning?" It sounds like some Ascended nonsense, really, causing Amalia's eyes to narrow. "That could kill you." The words come out slowly, in the same tone she might use on a misbehaving child.

Of course he doesn't know what happened at the Spire. Inhaling deeply, Amalia prepares delve into her history, leaning against the counter. "There used to be a barrier around the Hollowed Ground. The Old Gods made it, to keep the Voice in. That's who made the Spire - the Voice, a false goddess."

She runs a finger over the counter, tracing the grain, old knife marks. "People died in there, trying to let her out. And after... An, an infection was released. It nearly killed the Greatwood, and infected the people here." A dark place, an unhappy place, and it's shown in Amalia's expression.
she is calm in the storm
and anxious in the quiet
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Age: 42 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
JOSH
Amalia's tone was noted but Josh gave her the benefit of the doubt for the moment; it seemed like they didn't have electricity here, so she likely didn't know what he was talking about. "I won't get struck. The generator will. Then it uses the energy to power things." His own tone was a little condescending in return, as if he was explaining physics to a baby for the first time (which, he kind of was, just not a baby).

She delved into the story of the Spire, which Josh supposed was meant to dissuade him from living there, but he found himself more and more excited to get back 'home' and investigate the Spire more than ever. A thrilled expression his face, he leaned in over the counter. "It sounds full of opportunities for my research. I'll definitely set up a camp there now."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
Well, that backfired. Certainly camp there, will he? When Josh leans forward Amalia leans back, automatically recoiling a little bit from this strange, obnoxious man. The picture of Outlander privilege, she thinks, narrowing her eyes again. Maybe he'll fall off the Spire she thinks, an uncommonly uncharitable fantasy for the Shield to entertain.

"Fine. Good luck." Her voice is curt, the dismissal clear. He clearly has no actual interest in her opinion. Clenching her hands on the table, she shakes her head. "If there's nothing else....?" The dismissal is clear in the baker's weary tone; clearer still when she turns around to face the oven. She's done for today.
she is calm in the storm
and anxious in the quiet
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Change author:
JOSH
Amalia was right about one thing: He did not have any interest in her opinion. All she'd told him had made him want to go and set up in the Spire even more and he was about to run out of the bakery to get in sooner as she clearly dismissed him. "Thanks. Good pie." He told her as he swiftly stepped out, thinking he'd have to come back later when he had something to trade for some snacks.

{fin}
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3