shrapnel
for Loren!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
Perhaps they were the same in that way; Deimos would take any disastrous wake upon his frame, upon his soul, for the sake of others. The litany of scars scattered across his figure were a testament, a statement of fact, crisscrossed and maligned in ivory statures and marks, twisting and turning over stories, over days of constant lacerations and bombardments. They signified survival, persistence, oblivion, endurance, what he’d undertake for kingdoms, for people, for allies, for comrades, for loved ones. The emotional baggage that came along was far heavier, far more cumbersome, than his blood drenched across floors.

He dropped down too, a descent, a plummet, so his talons nearly gripped into sand, the touch of heat and molten infernos, before rising back up, listening to the caution in his tone, a narrowing of his eyes, a suspicious venture. Yes.
gatekeeper of an endless war
where lines between right and wrong
don't exist anymore
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
At Deimos' response, Loren hesitated. For a long moment, he considered just calling it off. His wings pumped, as if trying to escape the trap he'd set for himself. Finally, he caved. Like I said, I know we're not close. But I...guess I thought we were at least more than passing acquaintances. His uncertainty was clear, since he was almost certain that this was going to end in disaster, and knew how selfish he was going to come across.

I just...why didn't you reach out to me? Why didn't anyone, besides Jigano. After... The Launceleyn could feel guilt roiling in his gut for even asking the question. I know you were busy with Amalia but...even a note would've helped. He found himself angling away from the other man, trying to escape the conversation almost.
open up all your skies
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
The inquiry wasn’t what he expected at all – a curious tilt to his head as it rattled along his mind, Machiavellian tendencies left a little perplexed and muddled in the quandaries and anomalies. He’d left Loren alone after Abasi perished because there were a thousand other things going on, and based on Loren’s other intervals, events, and circumstances, it might’ve been best to leave well enough alone. Deimos didn’t even know that the summoner would’ve appreciated anything; his mind had been hyper-focused, centered entirely on ensuring the Shield was healed, dragging himself into exhaustion and fatigue, rotating along rituals, adding more habits and ramps and everything else entangled into the commotion. The Launcelyn’s grief had merged with all the other notions of sorrow, hanging over the Hollowed Grounds like a noose. Amalia was my main concern. Would always be, along with those clustered and sanctioned with his realm of protection and love: Kiada, Rexanna, Hotaru, and those immersed into his immediate circles and orbits, friendships bestowed, made, along iron-clad fortifications and hard fought nuances. He wasn’t apologetic about it.

The beast was, however, slightly disappointed in himself – that Loren might’ve wanted something from him, an extension, a hand, an ear, that Deimos had been lacking within. It wasn’t in his nature to dig deep into those roots, unless it was one of the aforementioned, because vulnerabilities were hard and walls were far more comfortable to hide behind. Feelings and extensions weren't in his repertoire, not in his nature - accustomed to silent support and stoic properties, action rather than eloquence. I do not reach out to many. If that offended you, I am sorry. Something else to work on; flaws and defects in full force along the sandy shoreline.
don't exist anymore
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
The answer was pretty much what Loren expected, and weirdly it calmed the roiling storm within him, leaving him fairly devoid of emotion once more. He couldn't even remember why he'd asked really, except for what he'd mentioned earlier: sometimes it was easier to speak to a stranger about one's troubled thoughts than a friend. As well she should be. There was no animosity in his response to Deimos. Simply the healer's acceptance that he was outside the General's bonds.

Something confirmed by the other man's next statement. I'm not offended. Just curious, I suppose. Since you were there and...well, you knew. Had seen the Launceleyn's breakdown, had known what Abasi meant to Loren. But he was (currently and briefly) past raging at things he couldn't change, and the confirmation that Deimos wasn't really the healer's friend was enough. Besides, the General wouldn't be the target of the Launceleyn's animosity.

Deimos hadn't made any false promises to Loren, after all.

He began peeling off, winging out across the ocean, away from the shore and the other man. I hope things work out for you. That you find a way to move past this grief. With that, the Launceleyn climbed, putting some distance between himself and the General.
open up all your skies
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
He’d known – known death and its rampage, and its destruction, and its malice, how numbing it felt to be left behind with gaping holes and the absence of something that was once constant (taken for granted). So he’d errored somehow here, by not extending some sorrows – his eyes narrowing, motions and notions piercing together. Had he not been distracted, addled, and rattled by Amalia’s circumstances, he might have given more thought to it.

But it was gone and done in now – the goose altering directions, the weight of it cast down on their sides, on their wings, on their fortune at remaining alive, but only just so. He nodded, a bob of his head as Loren took to greater parts of the skies. Likewise. Perhaps the next time they met there wouldn’t be such a void, perhaps other things would’ve filled them. But Deimos had learned too much, had experienced too much, to be such an optimist.

So he followed suit, peeling along sands and dunes, drifting downward into the comfort of seas and currents.

{-fin}
don't exist anymore