Starting out with the end in doubt
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Thank you for finding me
And thank you for the care
"Oh, you know Evie?" Sam asked, surprised - not really for any specific reason, he'd just never really learnt who Evie's friends were. He wondered if Loren knew what The Voice had told him, that she was Abandoned...probably not, he decided.

From what Loren had told him it certainly didn't sound like he had a good relationship with Neron. "Do you want to?" Sam asked, unsure if Loren would think there was anything there worth saving. He was working in Neron's council, which presumably had to count for something.

Hearing that Loren would come with him he smiled, glad that the man wasn't scared or bigoted against whatever he might see in the cave (though Sam was sure it would be mostly nothing). He walked up to the entrance, the shrine slowly coming into view around rock and snow, the painting and writing on the wall making the slabs of rock that made up the altar look far more than the sum of their parts.

Taking some steps forward he knelt before the shrine and closed his eyes, not saying his words out loud; he was sure The Voice knew. Once he had said all he wanted to he took a piece of paper out of his pocket which bore a prayer he'd written for the Voice in a simple code, one that required some knowledge of the Ascended to break and had been well-illustrated, and laid it on the altar.

Standing he turned to Loren and nodded. "Alright, we can head back now. Thank you."
And fuck you for making me
Think that this life might be fair
SAMUEL
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Smiling faintly at Sam's surprise, Loren nodded. "I know Evie. She actually moved to Halo recently, but before that we used to talk shop." However, his easy expression faltered as he remembered that he'd met her while seeking help for Abasi's condition.

At the mention of Neron, the healer simply shrugged. "Of course I would." Then he grimaced, and glanced away from the bookmaker. "But I'm not sure what I want matters here." The Launceleyn's voice was quiet, and there was a hurt look on his face.

Letting go of the other man's hand, Loren stood with his hands clasped behind his back. When Sam finished his prayer, the healer smiled faintly again. "You're welcome." With that, he turned to lead the bookmaker on the long road back to the Citadel.

-FIN?
you are lost, hope is gone
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!