Paranoia is just good common sense!
For Deimos
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Age: 42 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Lancy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
See how the brain plays around
And you fall inside a hole you couldn't see
Deimos, like everyone else he'd met so far in Caido, insisted on the Gods existence. Josh held back a sneer, but then paused; he sensed that this man was telling the truth. Something in his manner spoke of someone that didn't spend much time dallying around facts and Josh's resolve to be skeptical began to fade just a little.

"I have magic." He confirmed, though saying the words still felt faintly ridiculous. "I can make things. What did the Gods say to you, when you spoke to them?" Josh was far less interested in his own magic than he was in these deities and hoped that Deimos might be able to shed a light on their interests for the world.
Doctor I can't tell if I'm not me
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
Heave the silver hollow sliver
Magic, Abandoned the word settling in his mind. Some of them born into it, like himself, bloodlines and ancestry imparting him with the strung vehemence and capability of draining life, and all the others to come later – whims of something he couldn’t quite understand. Others adhered to it when they arrived, only to find out later they were discarded by the deities and heralds. Deimos had long since been used to the apathy, invoking stoic reticence and detachment, until finally he’d been granted an audience. As for what the Gods said to him, it really only pertained to those moments, to what he yearned to know and understand. Would it even help this stranger? “It depends on what you ask, or want to know. My encounters have been with Safrin. We discussed becoming stronger.” Becoming Attuned, wandering into the pathways of stars, and still resisting, fighting, the notion of going to them for assistance. “Having another healed, and blessings.” Amalia and future weddings; rings kindled in life. “Or the weight of failure, and how we are not our mistakes.” Which he still had issues with believing, with striving towards, when everything seemed so damned cumbersome and heavy.
Unite and spread the heart apart
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Age: 42 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
While Josh understood Deimos' non-reaction to his stating he had magic, it still took him a moment to acclimatise to. People here were so nonchalant about things that if they had happened on Earth (well, they did happen. If they'd happened publicly) would have caused a worldwide phenomenon.

He began to wonder if he had come from a particularly boring planet or dimension.

"Becoming stronger. Did she give you your muscles?" He asked, casually glancing over the man's large physique. "Seems like the Goddess is a motivational speaker then. Any way I could get in her favour to have a chat myself?"
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
The first question actually made him laugh for the first time in a while, a muffled sort of chuckle that didn’t quite make it out his throat, but there all the same. “No. I gained those myself.” Through hard work, regimes, practice, and a multitude of training; strength for strength, barbarity for barbarity. “She granted me the ability to shift into animals.” Specifically an eagle, bear, and tiger at the moment – new ones occasionally forming and brimming with little notice until something seared, scathed, or sparked, much the same with his invocations and enchantments.

As for Safrin being a motivational speaker, it likely depended on the individual she spoke with. Her lectures towards him were likely not the same as Amalia’s or Ronin’s. “She likes beautiful things. You could appeal to her vanity.” Creating or constructing something to embody her form, her wisdom, her sagacity; thinking back to the shrine, the chimes he’d orchestrated that still hummed a vibrant tune, or mirrors, reflecting her entity.
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Change author:
That Safrin hadn't given Deimos his sweet bod wasn't that much of a surprise; after all there were people on Earth with muscular forms and work out regimes. No, it turned out what she'd given him was something infinitely more interesting, something that made Josh raise his eyebrows, unsure for a moment if Deimos was fucking with him.

"Go on then, shift." He challenged, crossing his arms and watching Deimos carefully, not really believing he was about to see anything special.

Recommended gifts for the Goddess were noted with a nod. Not having much vanity himself (he wore nice clothes, but only because he knew they got results), he wasn't sure what he'd get, but he was sure he could work it out.
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Ordinarily Deimos might have committed a ruse, an assembling of mischief, simply to be an obstinate, irreverent soul, the impish, devilish nature was rampant in the back of his mind – but there were no jokes, no specious musings riddled in his statements. Blunt, honest, and only saying exactly what he meant; a note of challenge rankling in the crossing of the man’s arms.

The Sword couldn’t remember the last time he’d been underestimated. It’d been a long while since his reputation hadn’t preceded him, either here, in Isilme, or Helovia – too many monikers, titles, and actions committed, tied, and knotted near his name. The Reaper implied death. The Sword implied munitions. He could easily be both.

Except for now: digging into the penchants of provocation and goading, he snorted, and within an instant, traded human form for that of the familiar, golden eagle. Tawny feathers plunged, wings held aloft, and that shrewd, narrowed, piercing gaze remained, predacious scrutiny launched upon the one who simply hadn’t believed.
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Change author:
There was a moment where nothing happened and Josh prepared his smug grin, ready to assure Deimos that he was sure the man could turn into a bear when the lights were off...then there was an eagle before him. Eyes widening, Josh turned this way and that, looking for strings or mirrors or anything that might explain the sudden transformation.

Eventually it seemed the only reasonable explanation was that the man before him really had become a bird. Crouching down to see better, Josh immediately reached out a hand to touch, to see if Deimos was real. "Can you speak in this form?" He asked, the first of many questions bubbling up in his throat.
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
He waited, much like a predator biding their time, staying aloft for a few moments before flapping his wings, descending down upon a nearby fence post. The eagle’s eyes never left the other figure, backing away and releasing a vicious, wild screech when the man hastened to reach forward and touch him. Enough of a warning (and he always ensured there was one before launching a vicious assault), he figured, beak widening, talons clenching over sections of wood. The Sword would’ve remained that way, guarded, defiant, dangerous, if Joshua hadn’t slanted and angled his inquiry. In truth, he could, but not to someone who wasn’t of the same ilk.

So he sighed, shifting back, continuing to stay out of range of Joshua’s hands. “I can to other Attuned.” His head tilted, eyes glancing down the roads and routes, then back to the fellow Abandoned. “Like a link through minds,” was the only way he could truly describe it – something there, in their skulls, twisting and turning, configuring to thoughts and emotions.
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Change author:
Josh drew his hand back at the screech with a frown, disgruntled. Couldn't Deimos see his touch would all be very professional and investigative? Didn't he want to continue the pursuit of science?

Some men, honestly.

Deimos turned back to a man before answering his question, so Josh assumed that no, he could not speak like that. A shame, because seeing a speaking eagle really would have been something quite special. "Through minds. A telepathic connection?" He raised his eyebrows, having studied such things for years and never gotten very far on Earth. "How is this connection established? Can a mind be read without the subject's permission?"
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
A gruff nod towards the telepathic orchestrations. “Yes.” It’d been part of the reason why he was intrigued and interested in attuning; less needs to converse and the sharing of furtive, specious wiles right up his alley. As for the next inquiry though, he furrowed his brows, crossing his arms over his chest while he leaned back against the fence. “I have not tried it. A lot seem to be emotionally intertwined.” Feelings of despair before they were written on a creature’s face, contentment or amusement someone might otherwise be incapable of expressing as an animal. He wasn’t certain if an individual could tap into another attuned’s mind as magic might be able to do so; a sacrilege, at some contortion, without permission, overriding trust, faith, and credence in one another.
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Change author:
Deimos answered his question in a satisfactory but not particularly interesting way and Josh picked up on the fact that maybe he was pushing too hard for information. While the man was difficult to pull into a lengthy conversation, Deimos had answered his questions, so he didn't want to take this too far and garner ill will.

"Right. Well, I think that's all I need for now." He put his notebook in his pocket and tried to smile, but Josh's purposeful smiles tended to err on the side of creepily forced, so he quickly dropped it. "Goodbye."
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
The conversation ended abruptly, something Deimos had a wealth of knowledge and experienced of (usually he was the one causing it), so he shrugged off the nuances, picking up his bag from where he’d dropped it as he was shifting. Perhaps the man would take some of the information into consideration, perhaps not, and find his own trials and tribulations within. There were multitudes of pathways and schemes to merge within, and eventually everyone fell into a particular contortion, growing, winding, and mucking their way through the mires of Caido. He waved Joshua off, before walking back to his own domicile.

{-FIN}