Feelin' Good as Hell
Sunjata
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
So let's make a decision
start a new religion
From the first sentence mentioning the rebellion, it was clear Sunjata had a full story to tell, so Bastien leaned back on his hands to listen, glad to stare out at the water and sky and let his imagination take over with Sunjata's words. "Why were you trained in all this? Sounds quite a harsh upbringing for a young boy." He'd been taught the family business growing up, but it had been pruning roses; hardly a crash course in combat or taking control.

Clearly, Sunjata had feelings for this 'girl' of his; Bastien smiled wryly at Sunjata's clear admiration. "This Lusea...she is still back in your world?" A lot of people had had to leave loved ones behind when they came to Caido, Bastien included; his voice was sympathetic and soft, sure if Sunjata had had to leave his love behind, it would have been painful.
we're gonna build a temple to our love
BASTIEN
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
i bank on the funeral
The question as to why he’d been trained that way has Sunjata settling in a bit more, gaze drifting from the water back toward the Ascended with an almost matter-of-fact look. “I was trained to become the Arbiter. Basically the highest rank of enforcement. So think of… An officer or a guard of sorts. My father is the current Arbiter and they wanted me to take his place.” He doesn’t know where Bastien’s from, doesn’t know what term would make more sense to use when explaining what he’d been trained to do. “It was a harsh and cold upbringing, yeah.

But there’s a slight shuddering of his gaze as he hears the question of Lusea and he leans forward then, drawing his knees up and resting his forearms along them while he looks forward to the water once more. “No. She died a few years before I arrived here. Then last Deepfrost she arrived here too.” There’s a brief pause, turn in his head to look back at Bastien. “Then she died again early Flowerbirth.
'cause i learned all my lessons that way
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
So let's make a decision
start a new religion
"An Arbiter..." Bastien repeated; they had not used that exact term where he was from but he still understood the gist of what Sunjata's role had been meant to be. "The things people do to their children..When I have a child, I would not force them to paint if they did not want to. Never mind train them for such a position." With a 'tsk', he shook his head. "I hope you told him where he could stick his arbiter."

The news about Lusea was confusing. Frowning, Bastien thought of a million questions and settled on one. Maybe it was cruel to ask, when Sunjata clearly had pain over the memory, but it could be vitally important to their understanding of the portals... "You're saying...The Voice brought her to Caido, back from the dead? That can happen?"
BASTIEN
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
i bank on the funeral
There’s a shrug to that, a quiet chuckle granted in agreement. Korofi had been incredibly hard on their children – it was the reason Sunjata had never wanted them in the first place. But the words that leave Bastien’s lips have him turning his head back toward the Ascended with some intrigue. “I thought Ascended couldn’t have children?” He asks quietly, casually, completely curious in the results of that.

But the mention of Lusea, the discomfort that came with it came with a surprise for the Ascended, and Sunjata leans back a small amount, tilting his head back up toward the sky with the idea of it. “She had to have.” He explains, shoulders rising and falling in a shrug. “It had been three years since she died and when Lusea arrived here it had been… I think she said a few seconds? She remembered dying and suddenly appearing here.” A quirk of his lip to that, how awkward it had been when she’d found him with so many new tattoos and new scars.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
So let's make a decision
start a new religion
Sunjata's question drew a small chuckle from Bastien - of all the things the general populous didn't know about Ascended, they were all keenly aware of the floppy failures occurring between legs. "Not in the traditional way. But we have ways around things; our Goddess has said she may be able to provide what we need, when the time comes." He had faith that The Voice would help them and it showed in the confidence in his voice.

His retelling of Lusea's arrival really did make everything all the more interesting. "The Voice can bring people back from the dead I suppose..." He mumbled, thinking of Wessex.

Before them, one of the spouts began to shake and rumble again, about to burst out it's water. "Shall we?" Asked Bastien, standing up and holding out a hand to Sunjata.
BASTIEN
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
i bank on the funeral
I see.” He hums, trying to figure out how the fuck that would work. But he doesn’t question it further – if Bastien is certain the Voice might be able to create something like that, perhaps there’s bigger problems at hand. Though he doesn’t comment on that either – instead, giving the other man a softer smile to that and a nod. But instead, he mentions that Lusea had been brought back from the dead, a shattering experience for the Attuned, though he doesn’t try to let the cracks slip through.

His comment however has Sunjata nodding slightly, unsure what to add before the spouts begin to go off again and Sunjata glances to the hand offered by the Ascended – steel slipping over the man again before nodding. “Should probably grab my clothes while we’re at it.” He teases the other Ascended easily with a snort, letting a calloused hand from his weaponry slip into the other man’s to not lose him in their trip back.
SUNJATA
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
So let's make a decision
start a new religion
Bastien did not share any further details to illuminate it for Sunjata: it was none of his business how he and his wife were going to reproduce and besides, Bastien didn't know the details himself either. He wasn't even sure if their genetics would be involved; he knew he would love the child no matter what and that was all. The Voice really was powerful, able to bring back the dead and make new life..he understood Sunjata's silence. Sometimes it was hard to summon a proper response to it.

One more run through the water, a little more subdued this time, closing his eyes and trying to savour the experience -- then they were ready to get dressed again, the time getting on and Bastien needing to return to Rexanna. Departing with a smile and a handshake he told Sunjata to visit the Artist's Sanctuary sometime.

{fin}
BASTIEN
Base Code by Sky!