down to the waters we will run (open)
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
& my heart ran away from me
Raising a brow at this, Remi just shrugs with a small smirk. "I wouldn't know. Suppose I'll have to take your word for it." The alchemist is fairly certain if he suggested a vacation to Ronin, his husband would look at him as if he'd grown an extra head.

The alchemist offered a chesire-cat smile to this, nodding his head. "I don't doubt it." And that's true, he sees the strength in her, but he finds he's relieved that he did say something instead of holding his tongue. It's one thing to expect dangers lurking in the shadows, but another thing entirely to know that they're there.

Reaching his hands over his head in a stretch, Remi moans out a satisfied sound as his muscles expand and then relax. "Fight. Drink. Have sex." There was an unmistakably ruggishness to the way he said this, not minding at all the rather brutish picture it painted. "That goes for just about everyone here. Me specifically though? I make things, from time to time." Remi added with a light shrug.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
”I’m not actually sure any of us would know. But the concept sounds wonderful.” It’s not like she’s ever actually taken a vacation. This little trip to Torchline might actually count as one, given that she had come for no reason and done a whole lot of nothing while here, but that’s about the closest thing. And really, she was there to learn about the place now available to her. She was not particularly in the mood to be blindsided by something she could have easily gone and learned.

She chuckles as he responds with what he does, and her smile is amused rather than offended by the brutish picture it painted. After all, it did not sound so very different from her own life, except she probably made it look a bit more feminine. ”Not bad entertainment,” she says, voice a little deeper, a little sensual, though not in the way that suggested anything. Simply in the way that agreed. ”And what is it you make, if I might ask?” She’s met Deimos with his crafting magic, among others. She’d met Sascha and his captentry, Amalia and her baking. There were many things one might make.

weaver

-- kiss you like a whiskey fire --

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Remi grinned wolfishly at that. Once upon a time he'd been a shy and naive man, blushing at the merest hint of suggestiveness. Now, that sort of boyish innocence was all but gone, and though Weaver was decidedly not his type, still he gave her an approving nod.

"Mmm..usually I make bad decisions if I'm being honest." Remi said with a grin that didn't hold as much laughter as it should have. Things with Ludo, his near marriage-ending fight with Ronin, everything to do with Loren and Sam. And of course, not being able to protect Aoife. After a moment Remi looked down at his hands, as if the real answer to her question was writ on his palms. "I've not really encountered much I haven't been able to make." He said with surprising earnestly despite this being such a bold claim. "Fire swords, nets capable of holding monsters, rings that allow you to feel heartbeats, a wagon bigger on the inside than the out.." He shrugged. "Now I usually just make whatever is useful...whatever keeps me fed."

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
She’d never had the option of being the blushing sort. You don’t survive long with two brothers if you are the blushing baby girl. Besides, she didn’t have the sort of mother who blushed. Hell, Weaver was a bastard middle child. She was never likely to be the kind of girl that blushed at anything.

”Does anyone actually make good decisions?” she asks, one eyebrow raised slightly. It sounds almost flippant, and yet, the question isn’t. They spend so much time beating themselves up over bad decisions, but she always wonders, was there a better one? Would any other choice have been true to themselves? Maybe, in the end, the choices didn’t even matter and the outcomes would have been the same.

She listens as he answers, not surprised by the bold claim. She’d watched Deimos create out of thin air, and as such, it seems highly likely others could as well. The things he describes are magical, exciting things. She knows such items exist, though she has never actually owned any of her own. The best thing she does own is the scythe, a rather non magical but impressive item. ”Ah, useful things. How necessary and how very boring. I should know, I’ve spent a lifetime in Halo trying to stay fed. But I hope you create things that simply bring you joy, now and again.”

They all needed a little joy.

weaver

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Probably not, no. But lots still pretend that they do." That was what Remi had learned over the past year or so; the only real difference between the heroes and the villains were what they told themselves to fall asleep at night. Luckily, with Ronin at his side, Remi didn't need to tell himself much of anything anymore.

"Boring is exactly what I am." He grins, offering her a casual enough shrug as if the words might actually be true. At the mention of joy however, the alchemist's easy smile falters, the laughter falling away from his tanned and scruffy cheeks. Swallowing, he offers her a forced and short smile of lacklustre agreement. Joy is a luxury that Remi can't simply create out of thin air the way some can. Life has been too cruel to he and Ronin for that, but he understands the sentiment well enough not to argue.

"Have you lived in Halo your whole life?" Remi asks, continuing to stroll upon the waves, pausing every now and then to look below the surface of the water at the fish below.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:
”Mmhmm,” she mutters, nodding in agreement. For some, that’s how they got to sleep at night, pretending they made the right choice, pretending they did it for some greater good, what have you. Weaver? She just lives. She doesn’t need to tell herself she made the right decisions. She simply made her decisions, and that was good enough.

She raises an eyebrow as he suggests he’s boring, making a show of looking down at the waves that undulate beneath their feet, then to the Hels that sit on their arm compelled by his magic. ”If you say so, but that sounds like a lie to me. But go ahead, if you like the pretense.” She gives him a sly, amused grin. His expression tightens at the idea of joy, and she wants to press, but stops herself, thinking better of it. After all, he could just compel the Hel to jump off her arm if she pissed him off too much.

”Yep,” she says instead, letting the topic drift to Halo. Her gaze drifts back to the horizon, to the blueness of it. ”Hence why I’m rather fascinated with this place. Sun that doesn’t blind you, a horizon that isn’t white.” Apparently there were still things trying to kill her at every turn, but she was used to that at least.

weaver

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi laughs at that, shrugging as he was called out in his own lie. "Alright. You've got me. I'm actually incredibly fascinating." This was said in a drawl that suggested the alchemist was loathe to agree with the words he was saying. "I've been cursed by both Ludo and Frey, multiple times, am married to a former king and demi-god, turn into a dangerous monster when my instincts get the better of me, and tend to make reckless decisions on the regular." There was more, but hardly worth saying. Nothing mattered anymore really. "My daughter was killed in my arms, and I live in that—" He nodded his head towards the ramshackle wagon on the beach. "—wagon over there."

The alchemist hums a sound of agreement. "Leafchange has brought the temperatures down a touch, but yes, it really is quite lovely here." Not pressing the issue of her home or her further reasons for being here, the alchemist turns his gaze back towards the Hels, who are fluttering unhappily on their shoulders. "Shall we?" He asks with a nod back towards shore.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:
She listens to him talk, her grin widening as he lists the many things that do, in fact, make him rather interesting. She’s about to respond but then he adds the part about his daughter, and her smile slips away. ”I’m sorry,” she says, knowing it’s not remotely enough, but it is all she can offer. And she means it. She does not always say sorry to all deaths. It is silly, foolish, more often than not. An empty word. Yet in this moment, she cannot stay silent. She looks him over, wondering just how old he actually is. He doesn’t look old, near enough to her age, and yet he seems to have lived for lifetimes. ”What was her name?” she asks, though will understand if he chooses not to answer. She always prefers to talk of the dead though, to let them live on in memory if nothing else.

She looks to the Hels as he does, noting how they seem to be growing restless, and she nods. She turns herself around, leaving the horizon to her back now, and begins to make her way back to the shore. The waves push her forward lightly, and she revels in the feel of it. Her eyes fall to the wagon he has mentioned. ”A mobile home? I like it.” The idea is appealing, even if she loves her home too much to leave it forever. Still, she can understand the appeal.

weaver

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Aoife.' He replies simply, the name slipping lovingly from his lips. His accent is the wrong one for her name of course, but it doesn't matter.

Strolling back towards the sand, Remi can't help but laugh. "You know, our first day here, my husband stole that wagon." He said, mischief and memory tugging his lips up into a smile as he slowly shakes his head. "The one we left behind was magical. Bigger on the inside with every luxury you could think of. And now we sleep cramped in the back of that." Still, Remi couldn't sound more pleased about it.

"Do you think you'll find yourself here more often, now that the portals are up and running?"

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:
They are close enough to the shore that Weaver is confident she won’t drown or be monster food if the Hel skitters away. So as he gives his daughter’s name, she lifts her hand and lets a small flame crackle to life there. ”Mort keep her,” she says softly, leaving out her family’s usual ‘may she burn brightly’, remembering how misplaced that had been in other situations. Instead she settles for the small flame, letting it burn on her palm for a moment before snuffing it out and dropping her hand.

”Your husband sounds like a fun man,” she says, the topic turning to something happier. She can’t help but imagine some version of the scene, trying to sneak away with a wagon in tow in the cover of darkness. Or perhaps in broad daylight. The latter is more amusing. ”And perhaps like the sort of man you want to sleep cramped against,” she says with a wink, suspecting that it’s not so bad at all. He certainly doesn’t seem sorry about it.

Sand mingles with the waves beneath her feet now as they stroll nearly to the shore. It is almost sad to leave the horizon behind, but she is thankful for the experience. ”Probably,” she admits. Though she had much to do in Halo, Weaver was pretty good at leaving others with her chores and running off on adventures. ”At least when the weather in Halo is decent enough to travel to the portal. There is quite a lot to explore, and I find I like it.”

weaver

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi watches the display with silent humbleness. As it was, when Ronin and he were first deposited on these shores, they did indeed burn Aoife's body. It was grotesque and not thought out, but at the time it seemed to quell the fire inside of them to set it upon her and then out to sea. Though she had a proper gravesite now, it still made the alchemist's shoulders stiffen to see the flame, but still, he smiled sadly at it. [say]"Thank you."[/say] He hummed appreciatively, the gesture more meaningful than she could possibly know.

[say]"One of the most handsome you'll ever meet, and I'm not just saying that."[/say] The alchemist agrees with a laugh. Indeed, he'd not met anyone not taken by Ronin's charm and easy wit. Grinning at this latter statement, Remi ruffles an almost-bashful hand through his curls and nods. [say]"Especially that sort, yes."[/say]

As soon as they're on the sand again, the Hels instantly depart as Remi releases his hold on them. They s
Sand mingles with the waves beneath her feet now as they stroll nearly to the shore. It is almost sad to leave the horizon behind, but she is thankful for the experience. ”Probably,” she admits. Though she had much to do in Halo, Weaver was pretty good at leaving others with her chores and running off on adventures. ”At least when the weather in Halo is decent enough to travel to the portal. There is quite a lot to explore, and I find I like it.”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi watches the flame in her palm with a silent awe, the gesture more meaningful to him that Weaver could have known. On these very shores he and Ronin had been unceremoniously deposited with the cold dead body of Aoife. They had burned her body that night, and though they'd both take it back now if they could, the brutish, grotesque nature of the starry-eyed child engulfed in flames had been soothing. To see the small fire in Weaver's palm made Remi straighten, but there was a small smile on his lips. "Thank you." He murmured, dipping his head.

"Oh indeed. He's also one of the most handsome men you'll ever meet, and I'm not just saying that." Indeed, there were few not entirely taken by Ronin's charm and ever-ready wit. "These days he's as likely to rob you as save your life, but you'll know him if you meet him."

When their feet find the sands again, Remi dismisses the Hels. Fluttering away and squawking their indignation, the alchemist snorts an approving laugh and nods. "Oh, he's precisely that sort of man."

Stretching his arms above his head now that he doesn't have to worry about the birds, he considers this. "Is Halo worth exploring, do you think? I've mostly heard tales of it being far too cold, of snow blindness, and of course, of all the things waiting to kill you. I was only there one, and that was just a brief visit with Neron." Honestly, Remi can't think of a reason to leave Torchline at all. Not to go somewhere like Halo, anyways.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Change author:
They burned bodies all the time in Halo. Gave them to a warmth they never knew in life. That, and really, it was just a nice way to hide the fact they can’t bury bodies in Halo. The ground is too hard no matter the time of year to try and dig a grave, and so they don’t. They burn bodies with no other choice, and they make it sound pretty for the living.

She chuckles at the description of Remi’s husband. ”Sounds like someone I would get along with,” she says with a mischievous sort of glimmer in her eyes. But not the sort that suggests romantic interest. No, she’s more interested in the man that will rob and save. That’s the sort of thing that catches her attention, because it is not entirely unlike her. Though she doesn’t usually rob anyone of their items, just their secrets. Does it really count as robbing though if they have to spill the beans? It’s not her fault she’s simply good at getting you to tell.

The Hels fly away, indignant at their indentured servitude. Weaver laughs, watching them go with a pleased look. Walking on water certainly was not how she anticipated spending part of her day, but what a nice little treat. ”It really just depends on what you want to do. If you truly just want to explore for the sake of it, no. There’s nothing worth exploring in Halo, unless you happen to like the cold and the snow. If you want to seek it’s deadly things, that’s different.” Some are drawn to the adventure of it, the adrenaline rush of chasing a dragon through The Fangs (though really, you only chase it to find it, and then it does the real chasing). ”The best part of Halo is it’s people. Though you could probably just sit here and wait for us to come to you.” It had worked today, after all.

weaver

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Stick around long enough, and you're sure to run into him." Ronin was a common enough sight in Torchline, be it at the docks, returning bloody from hunting some pesky creature, or at the Hanged Man.

The alchemist couldn't help but laugh brightly at that. "I was just about to say...for how nice you all make it sound, I haven't heard of many from Torchline rushing your way, so much as you all coming here." He gave the huntress a half-wink at that, lips quirking in an expression of not-so-humble skepticism.

"Now. Best I let you get back to your exploring." Remi said, tipping Weaver a polite enough nod. "It was good to meet you."

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky