fireflies
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AmaLiA
the shield of safrin
"Amun?"

The dread and fear that crosses her friend's face is enough to cause Amalia to swiftly shift back to human form, alarmed at having cause such a reaction. Had he been hurt in the last pass? Had she pushed too far in her anger and grief, made someone suffer for her again?

Stepping toward the Ascended, she extends an anxious hand.T here is lilac in her hair, and her qilin ears shift anxiously."Are you okay? I'm sorry- what happened?" He doesn't look particularly injured, but to be honest Amalia doesn't know what injury looks like in the Ascended.
you're breaking your own heart
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Amun continued scrambling away from Amalia. There was a panicked expression on his face. As she extended a hand, he flinched and leaned away. "No!" His voice was as frantic as his movements, and he trembled a little from the fear that still coursed through him.

However, he quickly realized that he was not burning to death. Wasn't burning at all. Patting his arms and legs down desperately, he forced himself to think, be rational, though it didn't stop him from staring at the baker with wide and scared eyes.

"F-fire. You were on fire." There was still something irrational about the way he spoke and acted, the instinctual response to one of the few things that could kill him overriding his ability to do anything but panic.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
AmaLiA
the shield of safrin
She pulls her hand back as he flinches away, startled and hurt and terribly confused. His patting of his limbs only fuels her confusion, utterly unable to comprehend what could have set him off. He's seen her shifts before, so surely they can't be such a dramatic surprise?

Fire. Fire?

...Oh.

Her dark eyes widen; she drops to her knees, as though by lowering herself down she will be less frightening to her friend. "No, I- well, yes. But it doesn't burn. See?" She holds her hand out, summoning some of the lilac flame, its edges licked by gold and silver, utterly harmless upon her palms.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
for it is infinite.
As Amalia dropped down, Amun flinched away from her. When she held her hand out and more fire appeared in it he actually shrieked and scrambled away from her once more. However, there wasn't much room and his back crashed into a weapons rack, sending its contents toppling down on him.

He ignored the impacts. Instead, he seized upon a handle by his hand and held it out with a trembling arm, putting it between himself and the baker. It turned out to be for a mace, and even the wooden version looked like it could do damage. "Put it out!" It came out in a high and fearful voice, and his eyes were still wide.

"Please." This time, he was pleading.
AMUN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AmaLiA
the shield of safrin
He doesn't need to tell her to put it out; his shriek and panic is message enough, the Shield quickly shutting her hand as her expression shifts to mirror the panic of his own. The quivering mace is pitiful, devastating in its ineffectual nature and the desperation of the act. "No, I- see, it's out! It's out!"

She's sitting now, having fallen back from his counterattack of sorts. Wrapping her arms around herself, the girl tries to make herself small, nonthreatening- anything to help him feel more at ease. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry. I didn't mean- are you hurt? I can heal you." Slowly she reaches into her bracer, pulling out the crimson staff, utterly at a loss for what else she can possibly do.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
As Amalia put out the fire, Amun let out a shaky but relieved sigh. Dropping the practice mace to the ground (it clattered when it hit) he pulled his knees into his chest and hugged them. For a moment, his eyes were still wide and almost unfocused.

At her question, he shook his head, suddenly mute. Taking deep breaths, he finally managed to stutter out a reply. "No I'm fi-fi, I'm n-not hurt." Unable to meet her eyes, he just shook his head again.

Slowly, glacially slowly his panic was easing. "Do-don't apologize. Just scared me. Fire is..." Voice trailing off, he pressed his lips together, hoping he didn't have to explain to her why he reacted as he had.
AMUN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AmaLiA
the shield of safrin
Unable to heal, unable to do anything, Amalia simply sets the staff down and settles back onto her heels, utterly at a loss. This is a very different Amun from anything she has seen and expected, and the guilt that grips her at having caused it is nearly suffocating. At least he isn't hurt. At least she didn't hurt him.

Not yet.

She nods slowly at the half explanation, still somewhat surprised by the extremity of the reaction. She's never known an Ascended to react quite so strongly to fire, dangerous as it may be, and she can't help but wonder if there's something more. "Were you... before? Afraid, that is. Did something happen?"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Slightly calmer now, Amun couldn't help but give Amalia a slightly incredulous look at her question. "Seriously? Isn't it enough that I might explode or burn up like a match when exposed to fire? That it's basically the one thing guaranteed to kill me at this point?" His voice was still a bit frantic and he shook his head, trying to clear the last vestiges of panic from his mind.

Crossing his arms, he looked away from her, still trembling slightly. When he next spoke, it was in a low whisper, more to himself than to her. "Yes. Something happened." The words were short and curt, and he shivered slightly.
AMUN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AmaLiA
the shield of safrin
He makes a good point, and Amalia swallows, hands opening and closing anxiously in her lap. "That... fair enough." Feathering her jaw, she tries not to let her anger for the Voice flare up again, indignant that the goddess would have placed such a serious curse upon her friend. Instead she rubs her palms on her thighs. "I wouldn't have ever used actual fire," she whispers softly, staring down.

There is more, then, though Amun seems disinterested in sharing, and honestly? Amalia can't say she blames him. Not really sure what else to do, she moves so she's cross-legged on the ground. "I was attacked by a fire user once." She looks up at Amun through eyes that glitter, fingers pulling over a piece of string. "Do you want to talk about it?"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Giving Amalia a quick smile, Amun found himself shifting the weapons off his body so he could sit more comfortably. "Sorry." It came out off-handedly, though at least he'd apologized. However, he chuckled as she tried to reassure him, the sound clearly a bit nervous (and maybe even hysterical). "It's sort of a visceral reaction." He shrugged, that single sorry all the apology he'd give her for how he'd responded.

"That sounds like my literal nightmare. What happened?" However, his expression faltered. For a moment, he looked old, far older than his features and body would suggest, something ancient lurking in his eyes.

Finally, he sighed. "Last time I died, before I was placed in the heavens for my devotion, it was because my ship sank in a fire." Unable to meet her gaze, he leaned his head back and stared at the ceiling.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AmaLiA
the shield of safrin
"It was a few LongNights ago. She'd been possessed." Reaching down between her crossed legs, Amalia picks up a piece of string and twirls it between her fingers. She doesn't say more yet, not eager to relive that night and also not wanting to take his moment and flood it with her own tragedies.

When he finally speaks again the Shield blinks, looking at his upturned face with some surprise. She hadn't realized he'd been placed in any heavens; it reminds her of Ronin, and she wonders what similarities their stories hold. "You were a sailor?" she asks instead, gently prodding for more information should he care to share it. "I'm still a little afraid of the sea."
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
As Amalia revealed that she'd been attacked by a possessed fire user, Amun grimaced, his expression stricken. "Like I said, literal nightmare." He pulled his knees into his chest and stared at her. "Do you want to talk about it?" It came out quietly, a far cry from his usually confident demeanor.

Nodding slowly, he grinned weakly. "I was a sailor." Forcing himself to relax, he stretched his legs out again. As she mentioned she was afraid of the sea, he chuckled. "Well we can't have that." He reached out and clasped her shoulder.

"Tell you what. When I have my boat, I'll take you out on it and show you there's nothing to be afraid of." This time, his voice came out friendly and bright, even if his eyes sparkled with the faintest hint of mischief.
AMUN
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AmaLiA
the shield of safrin
Does she want to talk about it? Amalia tugs on a lock of her hair, dark eyes growing clouded as she remembers that night. "Ah... We went out to try and repair the Spark Bird perch. During LongNight. And the monsters made us attack each other." She shudders at the memory. "Edrei, she... She was strong. Hit me with her magic. I would have died - did, for a minute - but she came out of it and took me to a healer."

She glances back at Amun, shrugging trying to his her haunted expression. His suggestion that they go boating together earns a raised brow. "Your have a boat? Isn't is a little, uh... Sunny, on the ocean?"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Falling silent as Amalia recounted the story of what had happened last LongNight, Amun gave her an understanding look at the end of it. Reaching out, he clasped her shoulder. "I'm sorry you had to go through that. It's...not pleasant." He shuddered as the memory stole over him again.

When she mentioned the ocean was a bit dangerous for him he simply grinned and rolled to his feet, looking more like his old self. "Not yet." Then he extended his hand into a beam of sunlight and wiggled his fingers. "Sunlight doesn't bother me as much as it used to." He winked at her, then lowered his hand and extended it to her so he could help her up.
AMUN