Tale as Old as Time
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
"That would be..." Jigano trailed off, his throat closing for a moment at the thought. Trepidation and hope both mingled and he found himself swallowing hard before he nodded. "Yes. It would be a great comfort to everyone I hope. Though it might make some more homesick than ever."Pros and cons, as always.

"I think you would have many, now." He smiled, pleased that his idea had sat so well with his friend. And he listened with delight to the simple but elegant creation Sam painted with his words. "That would be wonderful. I knew I could trust you to come up with a good design for me," he praised. It was full of the sort of details that he knew his friends would appreciate as much as he did, instantly recognizable for anyone who knew - had known? - him.

Unfortunately there were still those who needed lanterns made for them this year, and Jigano grew sober at mention of Abasi - and Loren, the wounded lover left behind in the wake of the mortician's passing. "Maybe the best way to let him know... is just to show him?" the bard suggested gently. "Be there for him when he needs you, but give him space to grieve, too. It's not an easy balance for anyone to find, but I'm sure he knows that you mean well." The bard smiled at his friend ruefully, too honest to deny Sam's concern, but not wanting to rub it in when the bookmaker was acknowledging it, either.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"Mhm. Obviously, as a Natural, I can't really imagine how it must be.." It would be interesting to see, if such a technology ever did become available, if it would be used. If it did come to be it would likely be from the Voice - Sam wondered if Outlanders like Jigano would put aside their beliefs, like they did with the portals, for convenience.

Sam wasn't sure if he really had 'many' people that would make him a lantern, but he was happy with just the one, really. Just the knowledge that he might be remembered, that someone might look at his books in the Atheneum and say 'Sam made those': it was special to him. "Well, I might have to check it with a few people. You have several ardent followers." He laughed.

He nodded at Jigano's advice. "That's what I've been trying to do. It's...not always easy, but I'm trying my best to hold back when I know I might go too far." Drinking the last of his tea he put down the empty cup and gave his friend a dry smile - they both knew he had a tendency to jump in with his whole heart far too quickly.

Samuel
He took a step but then felt tired
He said, I'll rest a little while
But when he tried to walk again
He wasn't a child

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Jigano hesitated, then shrugged ruefully. "If the portals go down and you get stuck in a region separated from those you love, perhaps it would make more sense. Certainly the first few years, while you were trying to adjust... or constantly searching for a way around it." The Voice gave... but she could take away, too. It didn't seem likely at the moment, but Jigano could see her playing such games in the future to remind people of what they owed to her technology. Though, on further reflection, he doubted her Ascended would be barred from using them, so perhaps Sam would never truly know what it felt like after all.

"I'd rather have friends than followers," he said with a wry smile. "Though if you've met Quanil I can see where that's coming from..." The bard trailed off with a fond grimace. He still wasn't comfortable with having a fan club that was quite so... enthusiastic, but so far his hope that time and his own mistakes would dull some of the shine they had taken to him hadn't borne out.

He was glad to hear that Sam was trying, and he set his own empty cup down with a wry smile. "All you can do is try, and to learn from past experiences. I'm sure he appreciates the care and friendship you give him, and when he's ready for more... well, all you can do is hope that he'll communicate that to you." He stood reluctantly, reaching to being winding himself back into his layers. "And speaking of Loren, I should probably head up to the Citadel to see if he can use any help with the new Infirmary. See you back at the Guildhall later?" Sooner rather than later, he suspected, glad to have a steady right hand Chronicler to help out with the guild duties these days.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"I think it might have to be something that people were careful how they used...but it could be useful too." A catharsis, as long as it didn't become an obsession; he knew the temptation would be there to overuse a connection to home, but maybe The Voice could impose some kind of limit (he was sure that this would be bemoaned as a cruelty, though. The Ascended could rarely do anything right for Caido.)

Sam huffed a breath of laughter; he had noticed the wide and enamoured eyes Quanil watched the Loreseeker leader with. "I suppose it's better to have vocal fans than detractors." He was sure with age and time the young new Loreseeker would get over the intense admiration: not that Jigano wasn't worthy of it, but it wasn't healthy to worship anyone unconditionally. He'd learnt that.

"Yes...ah. Well, tell him I'll see him as soon as he can back in the Hollowed Grounds." Sam smiled and motioned for the waitress to come over to pay (with whatever he paid her with i have no idea) and stood up ready to go as well. "Thank you for the chat, Jigano. It's always a pleasure."

{fin}

Samuel
He took a step but then felt tired
He said, I'll rest a little while
But when he tried to walk again
He wasn't a child