if I bleed you'll be the last to know
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Age: 32 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes
"Ah." Eloise hummed, her legs and arms tight around him, holding all the more strongly as his body shuddered beneath.

She'd expected him to pull her closer—that was their norm anyways, or had been— so to be pushed away made her pause. Much as she might have wanted to frown, to ask why or perhaps make a joke, she instead just let her ankles unlock from around his waist. Perhaps this was Saiden's way of drawing boundaries of his own. Arms still around his neck though perhaps not as tightly, floating unfettered before him, Eloise nodded, biting at the inside of her lip.

"You would have made the best uncle." She said softly, gazing up at him with a tender look in her eyes. "What do you need?"
what doesn't kill me makes me want you more
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
At Eloise's comment, Saiden felt his eyes well anew with tears. Letting go of her, he wiped them away, though slowly, still not embarrassed to be seen like this. "I guess I'll never know now, will I?" Speaking in a whisper, his expression was heartbroken.

Shaking his head a little, he stepped out of the pool, though he turned to sit at the water's edge. "I don't know." Sighing, he pushed his damp hair out of the way, then stared at her with sad eyes. "But I don't think you can give it to me. Not right now. Not with the way things are between us." He wasn't upset with her or mad at her, though he was always a little melancholy that things had ended.

He smiled, though it didn't reach his eyes. "You have your own troubles. I just...wanted to tell someone who would understand."

Coding base by Sky!
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Age: 32 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"No, I guess not. But hey, me neither." She said, her attempt at levity feeling clumsy.

Properly pulled away now, Eloise tread water where she was, watching droplets of water cling to him as he moved out of it. Then he voiced what it was she'd been thinking, and her eyes closed beneath the weight of it. She could feel her heart sinking, something unhappy and dark flopping and growing in the pit of her stomach. He wasn't wrong of course, but that things were complicated didn't change how she felt. It was her head in the way of them, as it always had been.

Gods but how she wanted to go to him then. To say something stupid about what it was she could give him (or more properly, what he could give her and how hard), but instead she just nodded, not bothering to fake a smile. 'Right, yeah..' Eloise mumbled, feeling suddenly quite cold despite the warmth of the sun.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Letting out a dutiful laugh, Saiden let it trail off when he realized how awful it sounded. "Guess we have that much in common, at least." Pressing his lips together, he shrugged.

As she pulled away in her own way, he sighed. Lifting an arm, he jerked his head towards it, clearly indicating that he wanted her to let him hold her. "Hey. C'mere." Whether or not she did, he'd offer her a weak smile.

"This is progress, you know." The words came out just a shade too casually, clearly forced, and he couldn't meet her gaze. "Because, as hard as it is for both of us, we're not repeating the same patterns as before."

Much more softly, and more genuinely and heartfelt, he added, "And I'll wait, if that's what it takes. For as long as it takes."

Coding base by Sky!
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Change author:
Moving towards him, too confused about what was happening with Jack and seeing Saiden so distraught to do anything but crave his contact, Eloise fit herself easily against him once more; both loving and hating the ease with which she found herself there.

'Certain patterns are nice to repeat." The illusionist protested, her tone suggestive before her shoulders crumpled entirely with what he said next. "Don't say that.." Eloise whispered, shivering against him. Looking down at her hands, she shook her head. "You deserve happiness now Saiden, you can't...I...you..." But the words were lost to the prick of tears behind her eyes and she found her lips just parted uselessly, communicating none of what she felt.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
As Eloise came to sit next to him, Saiden draped his arm across her shoulders and held her close, but not tight. ”And certain patterns aren’t.” He didn’t respond to her suggestive tone; instead, his voice was soft and gentle.

Squeezing her just a little, he found himself crying again, though quieter this time, not the sobs from earlier. ”You make me happy, Elo.” The admission came out too easily, considering the pained expression on his face. ”Whether we’re together or just friends, or anything in between.”

Wiping his cheeks free of tears, he turned slightly. Leaning down, he pressed a chaste kiss to her forehead before leaning back. ”But I cant give you what you need right now. And I’m...I get that.” This was a tougher pill to swallow, and his jaw feathered with tension.

Coding base by Sky!
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Change author:
"Anything in between, huh." Eloise repeated, glancing up at him softly. It was the anything in-between bit that she was currently caught up in. Having Saiden as a fuck buddy seemed ideal at first, until she both did and didn't want him around more. Truthfully, she wanted him when it was convenient for her, and therein she knew, was the reason it had to stop. "I don't make you the sort of happy someone else could, though." The way I used to, going unsaid.

Her eyes closed as he kissed her, too chastely and too quickly for what she wanted, her sigh of dissatisfaction perhaps a bit more audible than she'd have liked. Looking over her shoulder at him, sun-kissed and wind-swept Saiden, she could only smile, however sadly. "This thing with Jack it..isn't what you think." The reason she woke up sore, the bruises on her knees, the wordless conversations that seemed to occur between illusionist and captain...it wasn't what anyone thought. Her stiffness was not caused by all night sexcapades, but because mostly she slept on the floor, Jack not being much of a sharer. The bruises were from that as well. And the knowing looks? The silent conversations? Not just the language of lovers, but true conversations, one-sided though they might be. But of course no one knew about Jack's powers and so Eloise was made to play up the fawning stares as nothing but one taken by her captain and his position of power.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Saiden nodded. "Anything in between." It was an offer freely and openly made, without any expectation of anything in return but the pleasure of Eloise's company. But she knew that already, or at least she should.

Letting his hand slide from her shoulder, he reached up to cup her cheek instead. His fingers slid through her hair as his thumb stroked her skin. "That's true." Smiling fondly, he blinked away the tears that still glittered in his eyes. "You make me happier." Letting his hand fall back to her shoulder, he shrugged. "And last I checked, I was the one who decided what and who did and didn't make me happy."

Perhaps there was a hint of a smirk lurking on his lips as he heard the sound she made as he leaned back. However, if it was ever there to begin with, it disappeared as she brought up jack. Grimacing, the cook looked away. "We don't have to talk about it. Really." Indeed, his shoulders tensed and his voice was low.

Coding base by Sky!
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Change author:
'You are so full of shit Saiden Hali, your eyes are brown." Eloise whispered, tears sparkling in her own eyes as she leaned into his touch. Wanting to laugh but finding she hadn't quite enough air in her lungs, she instead leaned his hand against her shoulder, sandwiching it there. This was what she wanted. But why didn't she all the time? Why wasn't she content with a man she knew to be good and true and right for her, in all the ways she could think of? But her eyes wandered, as did her lips, and she didn't know why.

"Okay." She agreed, happy enough to drop the subject given what precious little else she could actually say about it.

"Tell me something." Eloise begged suddenly, her eyes full of longing, wanting nothing more to be swept up in Saiden's arms and lips, but barring that, happy enough to be distracted by anything else he might have on his mind.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Laughing softly, Saiden nodded slowly and more than a bit sadly. "Aye, that I am, and that they are." There was a quietly fond tone to his voice. As she trapped his hand, he smiled at her.

As she agreed to stop talking about Jack, the cook nodded thankfully. When she asked him to tell her something, though, his brow furrowed. Finally he grinned, though it was a bit weaker than usual. "Did I tell you about the lass from the Hollowed Ground who asked me for a favor?" He found himself growing amused.

"First she asked me to answer a bunch of questions, so I told her I would in exchange for questions of my own. Now she owes me. Then she asked me for help getting a cloud manta crystal." He gave her a sly and pleased look. "So I took her down the coast, and found the biggest, oldest meanest looking manta we could find." Pausing, he let that sink in.

"Then we fought it. It fought back, and it was about to collapse on me when the stupid girl tried to protect me from having it fall down on me." He rolled his eyes at the heroism. "She got concussed, so I dragged her ass back to port and got a healer. Then she had the audacity to complain about losing her bow, claiming it was a gift from a lover. So I hauled her ass back to the site of the battle and found it for her." He was thoroughly pleased with himself by the end of his tale.

Coding base by Sky!
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Change author:
Her smile was adoring as she gazed at him. It was so hard not to simply plant herself in his lap, her lips against his, and to dissolve into what she knew they could do together. She wanted him more than she could give voice to, and yet the way he tensed at hearing Jack's name in relation to her own kept her where she was. Her place, for the foreseeable future, was at his side and there was nothing she could do about that.

"Mmmmmm." She said, shaking her head softly. Pulling herself away from him—gods it was simply too hard to be that close and yet so far—instead rolling onto her back and using his thigh as a pillow.

Eloise grinned, having a goodish idea of where this story was going. Letting the sun dry away her tears as she blinked up at the sun, happy to have it burn away the images behind her eyes.

"Silly girl, thinking you need saving." Eloise muttered, cracking open an eye to give the cook a sly smile. He might have once, a long, long time ago. They both had, then. "Was it at least an archery bow? Not some extravagant hair-tie?"
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Though it pained him, Saiden let Eloise pull away with only the slightest bit of resistance. As she settled onto his lap, kind of, he found himself stroking her hair idly, the motion familiar. "Silly girl indeed. But a silly girl with powerful magic who now owes me a favor." He grinned down at Eloise, knowing full well he'd come out ahead.

As she asked about the bow, he shrugged. "Fuck if I know. You know I like to get up close and personal." Obviously there was something suggestive about his words, though his motions and expression were tender rather than flirtatious. "Besides, the salt air is bad for bows."

Peering down at her, he raised his eyebrows. "Your turn." He found himself eager to hear what tale she'd spin for him.

Coding base by Sky!
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Change author:
The illusionist wrinkled her nose a touch at that. "Mm I'm just it's her powerful magic that you're happy to have in your back pocket." Surprisingly this was said without jealousy. Settling easily against him, the feel and smell of him as familiar as the fingers against her hair, Eloise merely shrugged. "Mmm that I do." That salt was bad for bows merely made the once-duchess shrug. Hers was not a body particularly made for physical feats of strength. Even pulling a bow string would likely leave her sore the next day.

Opening her eyes to gaze at him, her gaze like liquid honey in the light, she considered for a moment.

"So...there are these cats. With low-level telepathic fields that can predict the weather. I...might have tried to convince a few smugglers that I had some precious pearls that would let them breathe underwater." Cracking an eye, an illusion around Eloise dropped revealing a slightly healing black eye. She'd had a fat lip and bruised wrist as well, but those had healed. "Obviously I had no such thing."  Tugging the illusion back up, Eloise stretched up her fingers to poke at Saiden's nose. "Don't you get all huffy about it. It was my own fault and I'm fine. Still though...I want one of those cats.."
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
Saiden grinned at Eloise's comment. "Sadly, she made me agree to no sex, no murder, and no theft for the favor she owed me in return." Somehow, he managed to make it sound aggrieved even though he knew he'd come out ahead in the deal.

Listening without judgment, he smirked at the end of her tale. "What happened to the smugglers?" Though the question came out casually, there was something ugly in his eyes.

Still stroking her hair, he cocked his head to one side. "Do you still want one of those cats?" He stared down at her, expression fond, though there was something almost excited about his tone and his posture.

Coding base by Sky!