[SE] Read between the lines
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
Better late than never, that's what Amalia tells herself.

She has not been back to the Greatwood since her last conversation with Delah, what feels like years ago. It had proven too difficult, then, for their groups to work together, and in the interim Amalia had fallen to other preoccupations, growing complacent and distracted.

Now, though, she is focused again, ready to go back to work- to prove herself in the face of failure again and again and again.

She stands respectfully on the outskirts of the village, having adopted her leopard form. It's one some of the fae recognize, by now: nobody has been there so often, after all, harassing Delah and the tulmhainar. She told a child she was looking for Tarasha, a fae who Jigano had mentioned as being part of the Loreseekers now. Tail wrapped around her legs, the leopardess sits impatiently, not noticing the horns that grow as nubs on her forehead, the anxious way she paws the ground.
Tarasha Gulaab
Tattoo Artist

Age: 118 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you got a pretty vision
It is not often visitors come to the Sidhe village, mostly by design. The news of the Grounder at the villages edge reaches me before her request does. Why would she want me? Have I somehow offended someone in my brief forays into the greater part of Caido? Or is this a good visit, though for what I can’t imagine. Regardless of the reason though, I am going to respond. I’m too curious to ignore it, as much as good sense tells me to.

I do take my time though. A moment spent preening, making sure the dyed lines on my skin are crisp, that my hair is somewhat tied back. I am covered in ink and pigment, splashes of colour over my clothes, but there’s not much I can do about that.

When I arrive at the edge of the village, my eyes pass over my summoner at first glance, expecting someone in a human shape, not an animal. Who else would it be though? I barely keep from shaking my head at myself, and approach the big cat, my wings keeping me just aloft enough that my toes barely touch the ground. ”Are you the one who asked for Tarasha?”
in your head
TARASHA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia
The fae woman does not take long to arrive, though in the interim Jyoti has managed to collect a small group of children who chase her through the streets, gleeful and awed by the little starwhale that has come into her midst. The leopardess watches with a degree of quiet pleasure, happy to see her companion at peace.

She doesn't notice the fae approach until she is upon her, voice sharp as any the girl has heard from their winged neighbors. Turning quickly, Amalia blinks in surprise before nodding her acknowledgment. She shifts with ease, rising up onto her feet and looking down at the smaller creature. This is one of the few fae outside of Delah she's actually spoken to, and suddenly the Shield feels anxious and shy. "Ah... I believe so. You're a Loreseeker, right? Jigano told me. My name is Amalia. I was hoping to ask for your help."
Tarasha Gulaab
Tattoo Artist

Age: 118 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
you got a pretty vision
I am not terribly surprised by the woman who shifts out of the big cat, though she is still a stranger to me. The forms seem to fit together hand in hand, angles interlocking into a full picture. It is when she speaks that I am surprised, an eyebrow rising as I lean in, focusing on the words she says, trying to piece the request together before it's said. I don't succeed, but my interest is piqued. "I am a Loreseeker, yes. You are..." Before I can decide between foolhardy and brave, I remember what Jigano had said about an Amalia.

"You're the one with the books, aren't you?" I can't help the excited words, my wings all a-flutter as I lean in, only just keeping myself from reaching out to grab her hands. "Safrin's books?" The clarification is unnecessary really, but I need to hear it be said. Before I can promise any of my aid to bring them home where they belong.
in your head
TARASHA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
You are... She isn't sure what the Fae initially planned to say, but Amalia can't imagine it would be anything complimentary. When inevitably what comes out is the one with the books, the Shield raises her brows in surprise, trying to school the excitement that thunders in her chest. "Um, yes. Well-"

Rubbing her hand over her wrist, Amalia worries her lip with teeth. "That's what I came for - to ask for help with the books. Safrin, she asked me to move them from her library in Sanctuary here, to the Undercroft. But they're a little, ah... difficult." She winces, remembering the attacks from the shark book, how they were separated by the portals. "She thought the Fae might be able to help move them."
Tarasha Gulaab
Tattoo Artist

Change author:
you got a pretty vision
The smile that crosses my face is sudden, almost too wide. ”Of course the Silver Lady wants them here.” Items so precious could belong nowhere else but safeguarded in the halls of their rightful caretakers, after all. I cock my head at the mention of the books being difficult though, a single brow rising in confusion.

”Difficult how? Awkwardly shaped? Hostile?” Every little bit of detail helps, and feeds into my interest, my imagination running amok with ideas for transport, storage, with ideas of what precious knowledge these books could contain.
in your head
TARASHA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
They share a reverence for the Lady of Stars, it seems, which sets Amalia a little at ease. Unable to keep her own adoration from her face, the Shield simply nods - yes, it does make sense. The Fae are far more equipped to manage renegade books than any human, after all.

"Not hostile but... aggressive." Trying to pick her words, Amalia hums a little. "They... grew defensive when we tried to move them. One attacked us, one vanished, and one let us out into different portals. My friend came through the Mathair.

"There's more down there, too. A room that wants to be asked questions, and a great consciousness somewhere down below, maybe a whale of some kind. Do...do the Fae know anything about that?"
Tarasha Gulaab
Tattoo Artist

Change author:
you got a pretty vision
"Aggressive." I repeat, head cocking to the side as I await more clarification. What comes only intrigues me more. "I see. Perhaps not aggressive then, but defensive? I wonder if there is some sentience, or if this is merely a reaction to being touched by hands other than their masters." I match the hum, a hand coming up to tap at my chin. "Do you know if the vanished one came back? And the portal, it was only temporary, correct?" The last question has more to do with the villages security than anything else, though it is still endlessly interesting.

"I can't say I have heard of anything like that. Though, our knowledge of the lands outside our woods has grown a little... stagnant." I am referring solely to the lack of access caused by the barrier of course, nothing else. "I could try to find out. Did Safrin offer any advice beyond coming and talking to us?"
in your head
TARASHA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
"I don't know if it came back. We were... removed... pretty quickly." She tilts her head, wondering. "And the portal book... it let some of us step into it. They saw the portal system, where it went. And they were able to see where the next one would open - in Halo." Which, she thinks, would be useful for guarding said portals in the future.

She resists the urge to scoff at the understatement about the Fae's knowledge of the world outside the Greatwood. Truth be told, the Grounders are not much better. Shaking her head, she glances off in thought to where Jyoti swims among some children. "No... only that the books are sentient, and teachers in a way. And that your people might have some better knowledge of how to move them... or how to get their permission to move them, I suppose."
Tarasha Gulaab
Tattoo Artist

Change author:
you got a pretty vision
Removed by the portal, I assume, putting the pieces, already fragmented in their retelling, together as best as I can. The fact that the somehow, a book related to Safrin, to the true gods, would also be connected to the portals, the gateways created by the Voice, is worrying, but for reasons I can't quite articulate, can't quite touch on. "Anything that gives us an edge, lets us know what to expect would be useful." I murmur, not letting too many of my thoughts slip out.

"I must be honest with you, this is... not something I have heard of. But I can do research, ask some elders. Someone must know something." Someone had to know something. And I am too excited about the prospect of a whole new cache of knowledge to think about the cons, the difficulties. "I will do whatever I can do to help you, in moving them, in gaining knowledge, all of it. I am sure if they are sentient, they will want to come home as much as we want them back."
in your head
TARASHA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
At least Tarasha is interested in helping, moreso than Delah or any other fae Amalia has met. Though the Shield bears no illusions as to the prowess of her charm: it is obvious that the fae is only assisting due to the books' connection to Safrin. "I can tell you everything that happened, but it isn't much more than that." She feels unhelpful in her inability to provide more information; truthfully, she is woefully out of her depth.

It's why she's here, after all.

"I would like to go back before Deepfrost. Do you think you could be ready then?" Excited now, Amalia bounces up on the soles of her feet and back on her heels. "I'll research all I can- if there's anything you need me to do, I will."
Tarasha Gulaab
Tattoo Artist

Change author:
you got a pretty vision
"There's nothing else important then?" I stroke my chin, trying to piece everything together, to make sense of it somehow. Trying to figure out how I can help, who I would even need to speak to to get permission to do this. "There may be enough to look for stories talking about this library though."

I am a little surprised at how quickly the attuned woman is willing to throw herself into the fray again, and can't help but smile, a little savage, a little wide, over at her. "I think that should be possible. I believe I will be able to research everything I need to help more here, but if I need anything from you I can be in touch. If that sounds acceptable?"
in your head
TARASHA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
Tarasha's willingness to help bolsters Amalia's enthusiasm, causing her to practically glow with eager anticipation and passion. Nodding, she too finds herself lost in thoughts and ideas and plans for preparation. There will be much to do, people to speak to, supplies to gather...

But, finally, it seems is may be done.

"That sounds great." Nodding again, she gathers up her bag and mentally calls for Jyoti. "Shall we plan to meet the morning after the quarter moon? We can gather at the Atheneum, then head out. And if there's anything you need you can send a bird - or letter - to Devas Bakery. Or visit."

Excited by this return to simpler purpose, Amalia leaves with a spring in her step, ready to get to work.
Tarasha Gulaab
Tattoo Artist

Change author:
you got a pretty vision
Whatever nerves had infected the first half of this conversation, this request seem to have faded, a sense of mututal excitement, maybe even understanding between myself and this attuned woman. My mind swims with plans, research to do, people to speak with, permissions to ask. I smile brightly, a little distracted, and nod along to her suggestion. "Morning after the quarter moon. I will be there."

There is a part of me that thinks that perhaps, I should keep my eyes on Amalia while she leaves, but I am far too excited to get to work myself. As soon as she has turned away, so do I, flying immediately to the undercroft. To plan out a space for its new arrivals.

End
in your head
TARASHA