Flora Incognita [Isla]
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
”Too many!” was his wry reply to her question about gods. ”Some good, some bad, most somewhere in between. A few lost, or killed along the way. And one but recently born…” His expression faltered, momentarily settling into grim lines as his eyes took on a far-away look, seeing some other place, some other time.

He had to take a figurative step back from a mental chasm, dragging his attention with effort to the present and his lovely conversation partner. She had her own tragic past, one which he regretted for her sake but which provided a suitably powerful distraction to shake off his own demons. The loss of his parents still hurt, but there had been so many lives lost that, even if it was his fault, the wounds were not as fresh or deep as others.

He didn’t sway away as she stepped closer, but he did raise a brow as he looked down at the blonde woman, curious about her intentions. Her sympathy was unexpectedly welcome; for all he rarely spoke of his family they shared that loss and it made her words easier to accept than those of others. He nodded grave acknowledgment of her condolences, lips twitching wryly as his loss of magic was included in that. ”Perhaps it’s for the best,” he murmured. "Things are… very different here. Different rules. Different gods. There is much I’m still adapting to… and, perhaps, I had grown to rely too heavily on my magic and enchantments. In some ways, losing them is like starting fresh; stripped to my essence and finding the core of who I still am, rather than what I used to be.” If only it were that simple.

Her offer was endearing, and won a smile from the tall lorekeeper. He reached up to brush back a tress of white hair and tuck it behind his ear as he considered it with due gravitas before answering. ”I know some,” he admitted. ”Not… a lot. More book-knowledge than practical. Diagnosis rather than treatment.” His smile turned lopsided and he found a spark of eagerness at the thought of learning something new and adding to his skills. ”So in that regard, I would be honored to study with you, mistress Isla. Even if you are just trying to get an extra pair of hands to help in the infirmary!” Blue eyes twinkled as he turned to gentle teasing to hide the faint tremor of fear in the back of his thoughts. It was one thing to offer information and hypothetical knowledge, to let others take responsibility for the lives of friends and those depending on them. Quite another to take up the burdens he had been running from for several years, to be depended on again, and accept the lives of others once more into his hands.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Isla begged to ask questions about this most recent god, but the expression of near grief on Jigano's face prevented her from doing so. Instead she merely gave a polite nod of understanding, her mind alive with these many and varied deities. If Caido was anything like where he was from they should certainly find their lives interesting, if nothing more. Hopefully nothing more.

He might have been uncertain of her intentions but in reality Isla had merely stepped closer in order that she could get a better look at the volcanettes from where he was standing, and she folded her arms across her chest as she considered them. "What a noble idea," she remarked to Jigano, smiling up at him and nodding in agreement. "Would that I had any magic to strip back. Alas, I am a walking core - though coming here has forced me to go back to basics with all of my tools and equipment, so I do relate in that regard."

Speaking of which, the healer seemed to have come to a conclusion about the volcanettes, stepping back from her new companion to approach the blossoms and let her fingers dance through them gently. "I think I will come back tomorrow," she said, "with the appropriate tools, to transplant one of these. Would you like to join me? I can get an extra pair of hands to help garden as well as in the infirmary." Her smile was a touch wicked, Isla winking at him. "For now, would you like to accompany me to the Settlement? I can point out Remi's alchemy shop to you."
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
"Nobility is often mistaken as simply the graceful acceptance of what we cannot change," he said ruefully, smiling down at his new friend. "As I've found no way to change what has happened, I could rail bitterly against it - to no avail. Or I can try and find a way to make it palatable and move forward. Though I hope that doesn't change the good opinion of me you might have formed." He took the opportunity to step adroitly back, giving the lady a courtly bow - and a mischievous grin, to lighten the mood once more.

"I assure you, your strength shines through in your determination to forge ahead with what you do have. You aren't wasting time bemoaning what you lost, either, after all, so if you insist on my nobility, then I must insist on yours as well." He spoke gallantly, but there was a wicked twinkle in his eye, determined to make sure Isla included herself in her kind compliments.

The volcanette lay between them as she stepped back as well, and Jigano watched curiously as she touched it for the first time. It did her no harm, either, though he hadn't thought it would. Despite its magnificent appearance it was acting rather, well, boring. But perhaps that was for the best, given what other surprises Caido liked to spring on folks. "Madame healer, I would be honored to accompany you," he agreed, his attention all for the mysterious flower once more. "I want to be able to take notes on the roots and how it reacts to being shifted. The positioning of the other two plants near it seems oddly precise for something so natural..." He shook his head, interrupting his musings to slip the borrowed herbal into a small bag behind the rock and sling it over his shoulder.

"Whenever you're ready, Isla. Both the company and the directions will be welcome."