Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd / Outlander Advisor
Portal Guardian
Age: 29 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 11 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 39 - Luck: 40
ISUMA - Mythical - Gryphon (venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP:
It was both a relief and an odd sense of loss to see the scar gone, that physical manifestation of a portion of his guilt wiped clean from her skin. "Ah. That... yes. That makes a little too much sense," he admitted wryly, though his smile was softened by old sadness. "I took the weight of one world on my shoulders, once. I... didn't know how to set the burden down when I came here. I wanted to be... to try and become what I had been before it all... tarnished me." He grew quiet, raising his hand to the sky, fingers spread to watch the returning sunlight stream through the spaces in between. "If I make mistakes, if I stumble and let the cracks show... what reason will people have to trust me?" To stay with me? went unsaid, but it hummed silently in the Attuned bond, less words than a feeling of wistful pessimism.

He looked at her out of the corner of his eyes, lips twisting in a rueful smile. "I'm learning how wrong it is to think that way. To place all my worth only on my successes, and let my failures chip away at it... it's a wonder there's anything left of me. But it's hard, Ama. Gods least fortunate is it hard." Something he knew that she knew, better able than most to empathize with that way of thinking.

Her tail tossed water that Isuma fluttered away from, playfully scolding the ottermaid as the gryphon found a new perch back in the trees from which to watch her little family. "You absolutely do," he agreed with the idea of Amalia helping herself, but her question brought a chuckle to his lips as he piled his hair on top of his head in a twining crown, then sank down into the hot colored water near her. "More than I should. When I spent my years wandering after... after we killed one would-be god and raised up another, I gave up on caring what people thought. I gave up on people... and on myself. But here, in the Grounds, I've found a home. People I love again. People whose good opinion means the world to me," the bard admitted with a wry smile for the baker. "Not all people. But there are so many more who matter now than I thought possible, two short years ago."
Unless otherwise noted, Jigano always wears a pair of black and silver bracers with a star design inset on each (Eclipse Bracers), and carries the lantern SoulKeeper at his belt.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Shield of Safrin
Hand of the Queen / Baker
Portal Guardian
Age: 22 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural
Level: 12 - Strg: 34 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: charks Offline
Change author:
MP:
Amalia
she wants the silence but fears the solitude
she wants to be alone and together with you
She listens to him intently, quiet and earnest, her dark eyes searching for shapes in the wisps of clouds that linger far above. Like many Outlanders he has lived more robustly than she could ever dream, experienced more than she could understand.

And now he is here, in a world that doesn't much feel like hers anymore, but which she is eager to reclaim. Still mostly submerged in the water, she watches with some amusement as he neatly ties his hair; her own golden plait is a messy disaster, throughly soaked in salt and sea. They've both changed so much in so short a time. Would they recognize themselves, looking back two years? One?

"Do you think... Is what Maea said true? That there's another you still back in your world?" Again Amalia slaps her tail in facsimile of a tapping foot. "What do you think he's doing now? Which you do you think would be the better one?"
she ran to the lighthouse, hoped that it would help her see
she saw that the lighthouse had been washed out to sea
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
MP:
Amalia listened with an earnestness that made it easy to keep talking and say things he might not normally let slip. They had both changed so much from who they had once been, and though difficulties and awkwardness remained as they tried to find new footing in their friendship Jigano was reassured that they both were still trying. She had asked to be treated as an equal and he tried to give her that trust.

Mention of Maea brought a sigh to his lips, both exasperated and fond, as he looked over to the baker with a wry smile. "I think Maea believes that it's true. Without knowing the source of her vision, though, I'm not entirely sure I trust it. It seems... mmm. Almost too convenient. A way to make Outlanders doubt themselves and to open another divide between Naturals and Outlanders. After all, if Outlanders are just copies, if we aren't 'real' people, what rights do we have?" He shook his head. "The Voice is powerful. I've experienced that power myself and I won't deny it. But that she can create souls, even copies of them... no. If she could make souls as Vi does, there would be far more Ascended in this world. Hell, even if she just made copies of her existing children she could swell her numbers exponentially." Terrifying thought, and one that sent a shiver through him even in the warm water of the geyser field.

"But if Maea is right? Mmm. I'd still be running from the past, I think. Still moving south, working my way through the kingdoms of Avistan... maybe finding a ship east for Tian Xia, where my ancestors were from." He shrugged lightly, but there was an echo of old pain in his smile as he tilted his head back to watch Isuma amid the greenery. "Still walling my heart off, I expect, hiding behind fear of losing anyone else and refusing to stay in any one place long enough to risk making friends." A sigh stirred a stray, damp tress as he flicked a little water idly at Amalia's tapping tail. "For all the pain and sorrow Caido has given me, it's taught me that I'm weakest when I'm alone. I'm better for having bonded to Isuma, fallen in love, and learned to trust people again."
Unless otherwise noted, Jigano always wears a pair of black and silver bracers with a star design inset on each (Eclipse Bracers), and carries the lantern SoulKeeper at his belt.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Shield of Safrin
Portal Guardian
Change author:
MP:
Amalia
The idea that Outlanders wouldn't be real people has never crossed her mind. Amalia blinks, frowning at this concept, though Jigano's follow-up comments have weight. There would be signs if the Voice was somehow able to reproduce actual life, wouldn't there? And if she could...

The implications are somewhat dizzying. It's enough to distract her briefly from Jigano's tale, though she regains her senses and tunes back in as he shrugs. What a strange and exciting life he must have lived before this place - what strange and exciting lives they must all have lived, she thinks, looking back down at her tail.

Shifting her body back to legs, Amalia tucks them beneath herself. "I'm glad." She smiles at Jigano, though her eyes are still troubled, lost in a new avenue of thought. "I should... probably go home, soon. It's getting late. Do you want to go back with me, or are you staying here?"
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
MP:
Amalia's smile was kind, but her gaze was distant once more and Jigano found himself hesitating, caught between questions and whether to give space or hold tight. She spoke again before he could come to a decision and he glanced over at the sun as it was beginning to lower towards the west, nodding ruefully. "No, I should go, too. I let Rory know I might be late today, but I'd rather not eat dinner in the barn tonight," he added with a chuckle. Not that the farmer was likely to do that to him, but Jigano was perfectly capable of guilting himself into a custom punishment for his perceived sins.

He rose from the water, shedding his scales as the colored liquid ran from them and shaking himself dry like a canine once he reached shore. Isuma chirruped happily and came winging over now that threats of splashes were behind them. "Miss Amalia, I would be honored to walk home with you," he declared gallantly, sweeping her a grin and a bow and offering his arm once she had joined him on dry land again. "Do you know what you'll be having for dinner tonight? Perhaps dining with the handsome General?" he teased gently.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Shield of Safrin
Portal Guardian
Change author:
MP:
Amalia
She's half-listening as she rises from the water, stepping on now-human feet toward the waiting shore. It is easy tondry yourself when you can adopt the fur of an aquatic creature, she's learned; the otter hair that covers her suddenly wicks away most of the remaining moisture from her skin.

Still pensive, Amalia takes Jigano's arm somewhat absently when it is offered. She manages to flash him a smile at least, coloring up as he teases her about her dinner plans. "Yes. If he isn't busy." Each of them has their own lives and preoccupations, though they tend to come together at least for dinner.

Her attention fully on Jigano now, Amalia tilts her head. "Now that more of Caido is open... Do you think you'll stay in the Grounds? A lot of people are leaving, these days..."
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
MP:
She sidestepped his teasing with grace and poise, though the hint of a blush on her cheeks pleased the bard greatly to see her so happy with something in her life. There was so much that weighed upon her slender shoulders that any joy Deimos could bring her was appreciated. His own sleeves were unfortunately a bit damp, but the early Leafchange warmth of Torchline would soon see them dried as the pair began their stroll back towards the portal, and Amalia turned a more interesting question on him.

But not a difficult one, as he smiled at his friend and colleague and gave a slight shake of his head. "I love going new places and meeting new people, but the Hollowed Grounds has become my home. Rory is there. My Guild is there. You and Sam are there. The friends I've lost... their memories are there, too. And I put myself forward to be an advisor in the government, so I should probably see that through this time," he added ruefully. "Traveling to warn new regions of the Voice and trying to track what the Ascended are up to will keep me on the move to some degree - and Rory has expressed an interest in traveling, too," he added, almost an afterthought given their recent conversation on the porch. "But I don't think I'll ever be gone for very long." He reached out to snag a large, bright red flower to tuck behind his ear before he looked back to Amalia with his smile widening once more. "Besides, we still have much to explore and do there. The Underground still hasn't been fully mapped, I suspect the Spire isn't done giving up its mysteries yet, and we have quite a ways to go rebuilding bridges with the Fae. Have you had a chance to meet Tarasha yet?"