dancing on cold feet (se)
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
EVIE
like love is a bad word
Evie is shamefully unaware of her sister's preoccupation, too embroiled in her own grief to recognize that the woman beside her is radiating anxiety that would normally send up red flags. Instead she clings to Amalia's melodious tone, the familiar resonance that has filled all her days since the younger woman was born. No matter how they have grown, twisted, changed - wrought by their own experiences and those this cruel world has thrown them into - Amalia's voice is as familiar to Evie as her own. A created harmony that leaves her feeling empty and tonedeaf when Amalia is not there at her side.

A family dinner. She can see it too, as the visions she'd been shown fade away like the blackened remnants of sunlight blinked away from her eyes. It has taken a long time to get to where she is with Sam, but the idea of sitting down beside him at a table peacefully is no longer a laughable dream. It is something real, attainable. And why would Amalia not be there? She is just as much family as her twin is to Evie.

And then, as if the thought has provoked the truth into being, the words are spoken. Simply, though clearly not without hesitance and anxiety on Amalia's part.

Sisters. Blood sisters.

For a moment the woman is so stunned that she considers whether this is all some elaborate joke. Except she knows Amalia like she knows no other, and the Shield would not lie about this. Never. So once the surprise is gone, there is only a bright and blooming joy that unfurls in slow-motion on her face, guileless and bare. "Sisters?" It is breathed gently, as if saying it any louder will shatter this fragile gift. Then she bursts into a whirlwind of motion, shrieking in joy in a way she hasn't since she was a young girl, and sweeps Amalia into her arms in the tightest hug her arms can manage. Bouncing the pair of them around, dancing beneath the autumn boughs as she celebrates loudly, laughter pealing in effervescent waves off her tongue. "My sister! Amalia, by the Gods!" Evie is at a complete loss for words, for any other reaction than euphoria. Reluctantly parting, she cradles Amalia's face in her weathered palms, and beams down at her baby sister. "Welcome home," she says helplessly, knowing it's a silly thing to say when Amalia has had a home in Evie's arms and in her heart since she was brought into this world. But now they know. Now it is written in blood, in genes, in things nobody can ever deny now.

Table by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
In that moment of stunned silence Amalia can hear her heartbeat thundering in her ears, anxiety rising in a flash flood and threatening to drown her where she stands. A hundred thousand thoughts ricochet through her head, bullets tearing through her confidence, threatening to send her sinking into the mire. It's too much, too fast, more than Evie ever wanted, a burden, a revelation, a secret she should have kept. It's too soon on the heels of her father's death, too glib, too serious, too much too much too much-

It's perfect.

The shriek, the hug- it's all perfect, so much more than Amalia could have hoped for. Laughing, crying, overwhelmed and ecstatic, the Shield returns the embrace with abandon and glee, her anxiety finally fallen away and replaced with simple joy. Her own laughter is an alto echo, deep and gleeful and punctuated by tears that glitter on her cheeks, soaking into Evie's tunic as she presses her face against her sister's shoulder. Face buried in the soft fabric, arms clinging tightly to the redhead, the girl can only laugh. "Home," she repeats breathless, awed. "We're home."

Home has always been with her.

Reluctantly she pulls away, not releasing her hold on Evie but gazing adoringly at her blue eyes. "I was- when I found out, I was so scared you-" It seems so absurd now, and Amalia laughs, shaking her head. "I wanted to tell you earlier, but I was in the infirmary and then there was everything with Adam and Deimos and the election and I didn't have a chance and I'm so sorry but Evie I'm-" She trails off, onyx eyes glittering with a rare, perfect bliss. "You've always been my family. But now it's... it's real. We're sisters." And one again, she laughs.
you drew memories in my mind
i could never erase
you painted colors in my heart
i could never replace
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
EVIE
like love is a bad word
Amalia has no reason to shy away from the expression of her emotions, but Evie's arms are a safe haven nonetheless, sheltering and cradling as the younger woman hides against the curve of her shoulder. These are joyous tears, and her own shine upon her freckled cheeks. Surely they are scaring all the living creatures away with their shrieking and their laughter, but Evie can scarcely convince herself to stop. Only able to bring herself to some sort of center as Amalia pulls back just enough to meet eyes once more, blinking away the shimmer of tears from her lashes so as not to miss a moment of her sister's face.

"It's okay," she interrupts, sincere and sure. Love etched into every arch and valley of her face as she waves away any fault or hesitation Amalia may burden herself with. "It doesn't matter, you're here now. That's all that matters to me." Her smile is radiant with affection and certainty, sure that she has not heard better news in all her life. Though she hesitates over what was spoken, a crinkle forming between her brows as she peers down at the shorter woman. "Why were you in the infirmary? Are you alright?" She hadn't noticed anything when they'd first run into each other, but now she checks visually once more, magic restless and ready to be used at any moment.

Table by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
With the greatest weight released and carried, the rest comes easily enough. A smile as bright as sunlight illuminates the girl's angled face, adoration gleaming in onyx eyes as she looks to Evie and finds acceptance and love. For the first time since she received the letter revealing details of her birth, Amalia allows herself to truly believe she has a place in this family- that she is no longer alone.

The radiant smile falters only when Evie picks up on her comment on the infirmary, though Amalia tries to maintain a brave face. Wiping tears away with the back of her hand, the slender baker shrugs. "After the Fiat Lux disaster. I.... the Temple collapsed, and I was caught in the rubble. I couldn't use my legs." She says this like it's the simplest thing in the world, unwilling to sully her happiness with memories of that difficult time. One day she will tell Evie more, about her frustration and fear and the panic attacks that still strike her at unexpected intervals; today is not that day.

"Safrin healed me. Deimos, he went and asked her to and- oh! Evie!" Spinning around suddenly, Amalia grabs her sister's hands. "He asked me to marry him! I'm getting married! Will you- will you tie my bracelet?"
you drew memories in my mind
i could never erase
you painted colors in my heart
i could never replace
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
EVIE
like love is a bad word
Her radiance inspires both envy for her beauty and an abiding appreciation for how joyful she appears. It creates a sympathetic response, a wellspring of affection and gratitude nearly choking her. Amalia, of every soul Evie has ever encountered, deserves this more than anyone. Her radiant soul at last witnessed and recognized by someone who can give her the love and partnership she deserves. Evie is so swept away by the notion, the news, that it takes a moment for news of her injury to sink in. She is not fooled by the tentative ease Amalia employs to deliver it, blue eyes narrowing sharply. "We will talk about that later, mark my words." But for now at least she can allow it to slide away into the crevices of her mind, to agonize over in the dark at night, wondering how quickly Amalia could have been taken from her life.

But there is even more news to be shared that is worthy of celebration, and Evie doesn't know how she can hold this much emotion without spilling over. Instead, she wipes away tears that spring quickly to her eyes at the request, knowing that Adam should have been the one to do so, the only worthy man to give her away. But she nods vigorously, overcome. "Yes. Yes, of course!" And embraces her sister once again, bubbling up with all the joy and wonder that can fit in a human soul.

-FIN

Table by Sky!