Training hold your breath and feel the tension
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
i'm nothing more than a page unwritten
on the pavement, blowing in the wind
Before he knows it – or likely realizes it with the throbbing to his head – Ronin is already dipping beneath the ropes to slip out of the ring. Sunjata slinks himself to the floor, sluggishly following the hunter as he grabs all the necessary pieces – watching the white dragon swoop in. If not for the size of the dragon, he might have panicked. Thankfully, he doesn’t. Instead, simply taking the drink from Ronin in said good hand, offering the broken one over to Ronin.

Thanks.” A quiet rumble, though by now he’s caught his breath. The mention of the last few days being rough has Sunjata nodding quietly, lifting the glass to his lips as he mulls over the feeling – relishing in the burn to his throat as opposed to the pain everywhere else. “Do you feel better?” He asks after a rough sigh from the alcohol. “On that note since it might distract me enough, do you wanna talk about it?” He lifts his steel gaze to look toward Ronin’s face, a dark brow lifted and the barest hint of a smile on his face that almost stretches the split lip.
you win a lot, and you lose
just a little bit more than you gained in the end
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
gladiator, picked a fight with the gods, i'm a giant slayer
"I wish I could at least say I felt better," Ronin muttered, carefully unwrapping Sunjata's hand against the rapid swelling, discarding the wraps and raising the clean rag to the dragon on his shoulder. She exhaled an icy breath over it, cooling it considerably, and he pressed the chilled cloth against his friend's broken hand.

Shrugging like it was nothing, Ronin lowered his gaze. "Some days are easier than others," he said. "These past couple have been bad. Toss in the fact that the people I know are traumatised by the power I have and... well, I don't feel the greatest right now." He shook his head. "How about you? You didn't exactly seem cheerful when I got here."
bone shaker, dominator, freight train, wreckin' ball, i'm the gladiator
RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
A clench of his jaw to the unwrapping of his hand, feeling it swell far more. He focuses on Ronin while the hunter works on him, swallowing hard against the cold of the cloth as it offers some relief but still causes a slight amount of a hiss to leave his lips. At least Ronin’s talking now, giving him a distraction against the pain.

Taking a swig from the bottle with his good hand, he focuses on what the hunter has said. “Give them time.” He says a bit hoarsely with a soft smile. Once people knew it might not be used against them again, perhaps they’d warm up to it, see the good that could come out of it. “When I was little, six or seven, our parents tossed us in the flood waters to see if we’d live. I almost drowned, hated water for a bit and then grew to love it.” He shrugs, offering Ronin a somewhat softer smile to that.

Some people just needed to work through their fears.

The question rebounded to him, has him focusing on his hand. “On a break with Maea to figure things out. Got my ass handed to me by Deimos after that about the shrine quest Safrin had me do.” He shrugs lightly, as if it didn’t matter much. “I… am moving to Torchline now, figuring that out to try and stop leaving destruction behind.” A glimmer of a smile to that, lifting his gaze to Ronin, imagining the man might understand that too.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ronin worked quickly, wrapping the cloth about Sunjata's hand so it could continue to ice and hopefully reduce the swelling, releasing the limb so he could inspect it for himself. Snorting at the implication that 'time' was all people needed (not because he thought it was bullshit - quite the opposite, actually), Ronin rubbed at his forehead, only to fix the other man with a surprised look as he brought up his childhood. "That sounds a little harsh," he remarked; and that was putting it very, very lightly. "I'm sorry. Glad to see you got over your fear."

Settling properly to sit with Sunjata, Ronin let out a tired whistle at the list of problems his friend was having; they were both in the wars, figuratively and literally, it seemed. "I hear you," he said, and he meant it. "Well, if you need any help here, whether it's getting settled in Torchline or leaving destruction behind you, I'm ready and willing."
RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
A quiet hum of agreement is given back to Ronin at the mention of his home being harsh, steel gaze leveling on the hunter with a ghost of a smile crossing his face. “It is what it is.” And that was the end of that, for the most part. But now that his hand is wrapped, surprisingly cold and reducing the swelling, he focuses on Ronin a bit more once the pain begins to subside and soreness starts to settle in as he feels his heartbeat thundering in the hand.

He lifts a leg to prop his hand on it, holding it high enough above his heart hopefully to keep the blood from continuing to pulse in those shaking pains as he looks over at Ronin. “I’m moving my Guild here, too..” He offers with a quiet chuckle, lifting the bottle to his lips, swallowing the whiskey with a hiss of the burn. “Seems to fit the Torchline way far more.” He turns his head to look around the boxing ring and through the window to the outside. After a moment, his head turns back toward Ronin. “Got any experience with the whole smuggling business here?” A rogue smirk crosses his face. “If so I could certainly use a hand getting settled in.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Your guild?" Ronin raised his eyebrows and tilted his head. He missed the stability of a guild, honestly, but the idea of leading anything again was... well. It gave him an anxiety spike just to think about it. And Sunjata's offer honestly wasn't really something he could say he had expertise in, but that didn't mean he wasn't interested.

"Remi is more your man for that kind of thing. I just hunt monsters and fight," he said with a quiet chuckle, shrugging his shoulders. "Though Raza at the Hanged Man might be a good place to start. Either way, if you need any muscle or just someone who knows the area, I can help."
RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
A nod to the question of the Guild. But as Ronin continues, mentioning Remi, Sunjata filters it away for later. That doesn’t mean that Ronin’s skills wouldn’t be needed – seeing as a fighter and a hunter were nearly always wanted in something like that. “I’ll reach out to them.” He offers quietly, contemplatively, before focusing on the star with a curious gleam to his gaze. “Could always use a hand in fighting, though. And hunting monsters when needed.” A brief thought of Ronin with those giant crabs upon their first meeting flashing within his mind.

It’s called the Devil’s Advocates. Right now we’re just keeping an eye on things in the Grounds and Halo. Deal in information mostly.” He looks back to the bottle, lifting it to swig from again before a thought crosses him. “If you’re interested, there’s room for what you're good at.” He tips a wink toward Ronin, the offering there for him to join up, perhaps find some stability with it. Sunjata would find a way to put his skills to use.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin merely spread his hands as Sunjata agreed, the hunter offering a humourless smile. He would have asked if the other man needed any proof of his skills, but their little scuffle (it was definitely more than that, but still) had probably done the trick. He hoped, anyway. "The Devil's Advocates who deal in information." He scoffed out a laugh. "If the Loreseekers Guild were heroes, you sound like their arch nemesis," he remarked. Still, Ronin was more interested in the 'guild' part of all this, truth be told.

Because after all, if his skills were essentially punching and hunting monsters, it didn't matter who he was working for. Sunjata was as good a guildmaster as any. "Count me in," he said with a nod. "You know where the wagon is, and I can drop by here regularly until we come up with a more formal arrangement."
RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
A snort leaves Sunjata once more to that idea, a slight shrug granted to not bother more of his bruises. “Jigano compares us to spies, in a sense.” Though lately with everything that’s happened, he’s not sure whether the Sage wanted to still hold up the deal of sending people to him and vice versa. Either way, Sunjata wasn’t going to complain, not while the Guild kept growing bigger and bigger.

Ronin agrees to join, offers a place for Sunjata to find him and a place to go about making a formal plan, and he nods to that – lifting the glass bottle in a small toast of sorts. “Perfect. I’ll get things settled and we’ll go from there.” After a few moments he moves to stand – finding it somewhat easy to do with the cold bandage distracting from the pain. “I’ve got a place up near the lighthouse in Aumakua. Just follow the trail and you should find me there if you need me.” He offers with a small grin crossing his face, pulling at the split lip.

But he dips beneath the ropes then, going to gather his things to try and move onto a place to rest for a bit, to try and recoup. And with a wave granted back toward Ronin, a quiet thanks, he makes his way out.

- FIN