but I can't swim
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
i sailed seas of emotion to wander a forest of scars
i am a dance of light and darkness
Let it never be said that Amalia Chandrakant cannot handle her liquor.

At least, she wishes that she could. Amalia is a lightweight, so it can come as no surprise that after a scant four sips of the fiery liquid the Shield is a little buzzed. She'd come into this bar from a misguided desire to find water and dinner; instead she'd been served a seafood stew and given a large glass of something which tasted like a mixture of orange juice and paint thinner. The first swig had been an accident, far too large and far too fast, but he liquor burning down her throat.

Now she's on sip four though, and finding it easier every time.

The nice thing about Torchline is that she knows nobody here, save for Remi and Ronin.

Or so, again, Amalia would like to think- because just as she raises her cup to her lips she spots him, a giant towering over the crowd. And maybe it's her anger, or the alcohol, or the cold shock of memory that flashes back all at once, but the girl cannot help herself. She rises suddenly, arms braced on the table, and yells across the busy bar in a voice that's anything but friendly: "Hey! Sunjata!"
a galaxy of shadows and stars
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
i have seen what the darkness does
say goodbye to who i was
Certainly the last fucking thing he expects as he grabs a mug of some kind of rum and downs it, is to hear his name shouted across the bar. This wasn’t the VlamVloed. This wasn’t the Grounds, and so far he was sure nobody really knew him. So at first, he tries to ignore it after downing the rum and asking for a second mug…

Until of course he realizes he just can’t ignore it, not with the ire the voice had spoken with. Already hackles are raised, bruising along his face from Ronin, scars and scabs somewhere from Deimos (somewhere bc i dunno where yet) and as he grabs the mug when it slides to him, he turns and spots her.

The Shield.

Great. He takes a deep inhale of breath, taking the mug over to the table and setting it along the top of it as he flattens his hands out on the table in a gesture very much like her own. “A pleasure to see you as always, Amalia.” He’s not in the mood to tiptoe around the bite in her tone.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
She glares up at him from her lower vantage, dark eyes glinting with flint and fire. He looks like a walking human disaster, and the bitter, vindictive part of her is happy to see how wounded he is. Cheeks flushed red with alcohol and indignation, Amalia smiles a large-fanged grin that carries neither mirth nor joy.

"So this is where you're hiding now." Pushing back from the tabletop, she picks up her mug and takes a great gulp, immediately adopting a pained expression and trying to hide her cough.
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
Oh, she glares at him now. And his own steel meets her flint, watching her as she smiles a fanged smile. Well, two can certainly play at this game. He offers her a cold yet amused one of his own, fangs peeking behind the edges of a split lip. “I’m doing a shit job at hiding, if that’s what I’m doing.” He informs her, pushing off the table to focus on her.

And then, when she lifts the mug to her lips, and… is she choking on it? The smile shifts to something a bit more brilliant as he lifts his own mug to his lips. “Cough if you have to, it’s nothing like the VlamVloed’s.” A wink as he downs part of his cup. A bit of arrogance showing through.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Hard to hide when you're as tall as a frost giant, but she doesn't voice the retort. His own fangs and split lip do nothing to intimidate her; she clenches her hands upon the table, knuckles turning white, her own smile fading into a hard, unyielding glare. Predatory, letting the leopardess guide her, because Vi knows she isn't behaving the way she normally would.

And then he winks, and oh, if that isn't enough to push her closer to the edge. "You're right. At least it's palatable."

Sitting back onto her uncomfortable stool, Amalia leans her elbows forward onto the table. "So if the BlamBlood is so very great, what are you doing here? Running away from another problem? Finding your next bride?"
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
Oh, she taunts him now? He swigs from the mug and sets it on the table, pulling over a stool for himself and sitting on it, tugging at the sleeveless shirt that covers wounds that Deimos had given him as he settles his gaze on her again. “The ocean and beaches have always been a home for me.” He gives her a knowing look to that, for the time theyd left to get the coral together.

And I never wanted that spiteful marriage to begin with.” At least he’s honest. But then he inhales deeply, tattooed shoulders rising and falling as he focuses on the Shield. “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be back at the Grounds where Deimos can keep you in his sight before you go trying to sacrifice yourself again?” It’s a low blow but he can’t particularly help it. He’s not feeling like playing nice today.
SUNJATA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
"If you didn't want the marriage then why did you go through with it?" Amalia's tongue is loose and sharp, her cheeks flushed pink with righteous indignation. "Or is that just another fun version of the truth you're telling now, like how it was my idea to go after a dragon?" Oh, yes, that particular wound still smarts, and though she hadn't tried to dissuade Loren, she feels no qualms for throwing it back in Sunjata's face.

The idea that Deimos needs to babysit her has the Shield bristling. Fur rises on the back of her neck, hackles literally up. "Do you honestly think Deimos could stop me from doing whatever I want? Or that he would? Maybe your relationships are built on spite and control, but Deimos trusts me."

Crossing her arms over her chest, Amalia leans back in her chair. "Besides, Safrin gave me an important reminder that I'm not responsible for every Outlander's mistakes."
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
Oh her tongue is sharp, and he rolls his eyes to it. Past trying to explain the whole marriage situation, how it had lasted, how it had ended. A huff of a sigh leaves him though as he regards her next comment, some bit of confusion crossing his gaze. “I never said that.” And there’s an edge to his tone that’s certainly confused by it. “Who said that I said it was?” He lifts the mug to his lips once more, only to still as she pegs him deep down.

And the mug lands on the table again, perhaps a bit harder than intended as his steel gaze narrows on her. “Does he trust you?” He asks slowly. “You would have stayed with them if it meant a chance of getting them back, wouldn't you?” There’s a flush of frustration that colors his cheeks and his neck. “And he had to carry you out.

But then she’s leaning back, crossing her arms over her chest. “Not all of them, but some, then? The Shield. Trying to cover all bases are you?” He can’t help the slight sneer that crosses his face.
SUNJATA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
I never said that- except why should she believe him, after everything he's done? After he made her believe he knew what he was doing with the dragon, after killing the cannibal, after doing nothing for Adam and Peter?

His slow, soft question strikes the chords of fire in her breast, an anger so very easy to kindle blazing brightly with the fuel. "At least I tried to help them," she hisses, a sneer cutting feline across her features. Leaning forward once again, she grips the side of the stool. "At least I did anything besides just stand there like a coward." Her claws rake furiously into the seat, leaving gouges in the grain of the wood. "Or have you decided to change that part of the story, too?"

As for his last statement... honestly, Amalia doesn't know what to make of it. Raising an eyebrow in mocking confusion, the baker tilts her head. "'Cover all the bases?' What's that supposed to mean?" Arms held rigid at her side, she bores her black eyes into him. "You say Shield like it's an insult. I didn't give myself that title. I earned it from Vi. What the fuck have you ever earned?"
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
There’s the fire. He’s almost smug at having been able to pull it out of her, something content with it. Until of course she turns it on him, and his steps narrow to her flints. “I was at the back of the line. What the fuck else could I have done? I wasn’t ahead like Peter was. I could’ve told him to step back but with how fast that dragon attacked do you think it would’ve made a difference?” He snaps back, rage forming in his gut as well.

And for as much as I liked Adam, he had to pull his gun on it.Stupid, idiot. “And the dragon didn’t even care about you. You could have healed them, right? But you chose Jyoti instead.” It had happened so fast, so fast. A muscle feathers in his jaw. “I would’ve taken a blow for you if it turned on you. I stood in front of you to beg to take them back too.” His teeth clack together with the amount of anger writhing within.

And no, it’s not an insult. It’s an accurate fucking description.” He glares back at the Shield. “But I’m sure you’ll see that shields are only effective when used to protect the important parts.” A shield was about as good as could be when protecting the chest, but did nothing if you aimed for the legs.

He completely misses the part where she asks him what he’s done, too caught up with the argument at the heart.
SUNJATA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
"Yeah, you were in the back. Interesting, given that you were supposed to be the leader." She raises her lip in another snarl, leopard fangs glinting pale in the dim light.

And then he brings up her choice to choose Jyoti, and Amalia nearly reels back in pain, guilt and fury blazing equally over her expressive features. He's right, she did make a choice, the only one she could in that moment. The one she would have to make again, compelled by the selfishness of a soulmate. "At least I saved someone."

She's standing again, her hands on the table, practically vibrating in her rage. "At least I took some action. At least I protected someone. And yeah, maybe I could have done differently, and it fucking kills me to think about it. You think I don't replay it all in my head? You think I don't wonder what would have happened if I made different decisions? Adam was my best friend. I would have done anything for him."

Taking a deep, shuddering breath, Amalia raises the mug back to her lips and takes another gulp of the rum. "But at the end of the day what happened happened. At least I'm not being a fucking liar about it."
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
(Thanks random PQ order) He’s not sure how to explain why he was in the back, why he had let Peter and Adam go forward without him to guide them. So when it comes down to it? Yeah, it was a mistake. One he regrets. “It was a mistake. I take full responsibility for that.” He manages through clenched fanged teeth. But when she comments that at least she’d saved someone? Well.

Yeah. You did. But when it comes down to it I would’ve chosen them over Haai.” It just goes to show how little he cares for himself in the end. But you could say a lot after replaying the moment over and over in your head. It does nothing for the present, does it?

You and Deimos act like I don’t replay it too. Like I don’t regret making that fucking choice day after day. Sure, Adam was your best friend. He gave me my guild. Peter was probably as close to a best friend as I could get here. And now they’re both gone. Don’t you dare pretend like I don’t care about what happened.” Teeth flashing again, feathers curling around the nape of his neck. She might be standing, but he remains seated, steel slots following her flint.

Where have I lied? The whole thing was my fault. Somehow that got shifted to me saying it was your fault when the only thing I ever mentioned about you was the fact you didn’t want to kill it. That is why I chose the dragon. How was I supposed to know it wasn’t Coffee or Sugar’s size? I’ve never fucking seen one.” He stands now, sliding the mug away from him and feeling the burn of it as he gathers his bearings from shifting to his full height.

Let’s take this outside.” He’d rather not cause more of a scene within the only bar in Torchline. What would he do then? So he turns from her, and heads straight for the sandy beaches outside to continue the conversation should she want to join.
SUNJATA
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
"Well aren't you a Mort-blessed hero. If only the rest of us could be so selfless and perfect when faced with that situation outside of hypotheticals." It's one thing for him to say he would give up the piece of his soul when faced with the option, but Amalia has yet to see any evidence that Sunjata truly has a selfless bone in his lanky, bony body.

And oh, maybe he's sad now, maybe he has remorse, but what good had he done with it? What good had he ever done? And now he wants to run away again, to retreat into the water where he believes himself safe. Well, he's in for a lovely surprise if he tries to swim away from her.

"Fine." Choking down the last of her rum, she slams the mug down on the table and stalks her way outside after him, blinking at the sun. By the time they clear the bar there are horns budding from her forehead, lilac and gold curls in her hair; the fangs still linger, the claws remain out, and her hands are balled at her sides.

Raising her arms expressively, Amalia gestures wildly around. "Well, we're outside. Where you gonna run away to now?"
Amalia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
say goodbye to who i was
He ignores the implications she gives him, shrugging it under with the rest of those dark thoughts and regrets that he holds so close he can taste the smoke of them on the back of his tongue. Instead, he turns to head outside – a buzz clear in his mind, making his thoughts foggy and difficult to get through, and yet he still tries. He’s not sure whether or not this is a good idea, but honestly? How bad could it be.

Pretty bad, he’s sure to find out.

A bark of a laugh leaves him when she follows him and he turns to her in the sands, the sun cascading over his already bruised body, a fanged smirk sent her way. “I’m not running anywhere.” He tells her, his own horns sprouting from his head as his body tries to partially shift, unsure of which shift to go with.

You wanna finish what you wanted to start when I killed that cannibal? The one you wanted to save? Just think, Ama. If you used the healing on the fucking cannibal where would Jyoti be now?
SUNJATA