[se] for all her anger
for Maea
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Weaver props herself up on her elbows with a slight chuckle. ”Loren? Telling someone else not to be reckless?” she asks, recalling their conversation in the tavern about the lectures he received from others giving similar advice. Always easier to say than do. ”You do you, girl. Just don’t be an idiot about it. And in the end, you’ll figure out where you want to be.” Because the truth was they all longed for stability. Even Weaver, with the fire in her veins, was excited for a simple life tending a bar and collecting secrets. ”Also, boys tend to come back to the girls that don’t chase them.” She gives Maea a wink, and just a little girly advice. Boys were one thing Weaver knew a bit about.

Maea talks of Delphia. Her spirits? Well, that made sense, being a child of Mort and all. Weaver tries not to think too hard about it though and simply nods. ”She sounds like my kind of woman,” she says, because Weaver doesn’t care about mincing words or keeping people happy. She speaks the truth, usually, regardless of what that does to someone’s feelings. In her opinion, it is usually better to hear a painful truth than a pretty lie.

Weaver chuckles slightly at being called sweetling, and as Maea finishes, she sits up. ”We should probably go, unless you actually want to sleep out here,” she says, nodding to the pile of things Maea had come with. ”I admit, I do not.” She stands, swinging her scythe onto her back again and, with a careful thought, smothering the small, dwindling fire. It goes out with shocking ease, and Weaver smiles brightly for a moment before offering a hand to Maea, if she hasn’t already gotten up. ”Shall we?

weaver

-- ask no questions, and you'll be told no lies --

Quote by Charles Dickens

Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1917
Maea
And I hope that you don't suffer
But take the pain
Maea laughed, agreeing with the assessment. Loren really was the last person to tell anyone how to behave. "I really do think I can find more worthwhile things to do than sit around," she agreed. Thought of the quest she had made for herself of finding that Cloud Manta crystal, of the mission she considered, on finding mageglass.

If something came up, she wouldn't say no to another challenge. With the right people, and the right kind of task, it shouldn't even have to be reckless. "Maybe I'll go on a hunt or something. Make myself useful for once."

She was happy to accept the hand Weaver offered, warm and firm under her own fingers. "Nah, that's only for emergencies. I'm happy to go back. It's been fun to have company, let's do it again sometime!" She returned the other woman's grin as the fire went out, pride swelling at seeing how happy her friend was. Maybe teaching wasn't so bad... it might be something to consider, once she grew more comfortable with her own powers.

"Let's."

With easy steps Maea led the way back towards the Citadel. The structures she had built from ice and snow were fragile and fleeting, and would not last forever. Nor would the memory of all the words they had exchanged today. But maybe, in days and years to come, one of them would look back on this small moment, and remember that it happened. A simple meeting of two girls in the snow, and all the endless possibilities that could have sprung from it.

Maybe some things never died, as long as they were kept in loving memory.

------

- FIN <3
Hope if everybody runs
You choose to stay
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦