sending out a line
for Safrin
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
A glimmer shined in his eyes and he immediately took on that offer. Shifting down into the fox form that she adored, he looked up at her, his tail wagging ever so slightly. His ears were upright and attentive, ready to listen to whatever she had to say to them. Thank you. It's nice to be able to talk to you like this. It was a bit hard to be so small compared to his goddess, but he was completely fine with it.

The response was less than what he wanted, but it did at least answer his question. So far, none of the other lands were accessible through simple means, meaning they were practically forced to keep using the portals. Why do the storms exist? And... is it wise of us to continue using the portals? I love visiting Torchline. It's so spectacular of a place to visit... but by doing so, do I accidentally support the Voice? It was complicated... should they just, stop using the portals? Or should we keep trying to prevent more portals from being created? This was really helping him, even if it was less than favorable responses. So many of his questions were finally being answered by someone he knew was wise and had only the best intentions in mind.
A fox is a wolf who sends flowers.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sweet dreams till sunbeams find you, sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
Reaching down, Safrin would pluck up the small creature to cradle him affectionately in her arms. One of her hands would find its way behind his ears, softly massaging the area behind the base of his ears where back legs couldn't quite reach.

"The storms exist to stop the spread of the ascended. If they can only move by means of portals, then we know where they are at all times. If the entire world was open...it would be much harder for the portal guardians to keep track of their whereabouts. The Voice's, too." Safrin replied with a soft shrug, cuddling Oliver closer to her chest. "You do in a way, yes. You're using things she's created."

His final question merely had her sighing softly. "That is a question for the portal guardians and the larger three gods. They guardians were told to watch and keep things...safe. Keep death out of it."
but in your dreams whatever they be, dream a little dream of me
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
Gentle hands reached down to pick him up, which Oliver was clearly very happy about, thanks to the fact that his tail was wagging and he was basically screaming through the attuned bond with happiness. Leaning into the touch, the fox's eyes fluttered closed and he listened to her goddess explain everything, answer all his questions.

There was a hint of sadness and regret. Torchline made him so happy, but by using the portals, he was showing the Voice his faith and truth. Maybe he could continue to use those, but simply refuse to visit the new areas? Seeing as they had already opened two portals, the Voice was probably planning on opening more.

With a soft sigh, he turned his head upwards, and opened his eyes slightly. What can I do for now? Are there any tasks you need done? I know I'll probably never be a portal guardian, but that doesn't mean I can't help them, right? What kind of help they'd need? He clearly had no idea, but he was ready to listen. Already, he had been telling others about how great Safrin was and now, the next step was to see if she had anything else she needed done. Also... I have an idea that I want to tell you about... and I want to see if it'd be helpful.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
sweet dreams till sunbeams find you, sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
"For now? LongNight approaches. As always I caution everyone to remain inside. You did well last year, but more can be done. No one is to go out, Oliver. No one." Shifting him slightly in her arms, Safrin would continue to scratch him behind the ears on the scruff of his neck.

"Perhaps you should ask the guardians what help they require. They would know better than I." It wasn't Safrin who'd given them their task, after all.

"Oh? Go on then." She encouraged, continuing to fuss over his pale fur.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There was a beam of pride when she told him that he had done well last LongNight, but he knew she was right. More could be done. People had been put in danger, Rexanna almost died. Many others were killed because a door was opened or people dared to go outside. Oliver had been here for long enough to be able to protect others. No longer was his new arrival status an excuse for being an onlooker. Now, it was his duty to protect those within Caido and the first step seemed to be protecting those from going outside. I will absolutely do my best to ensure you that nobody goes outside. I do not want to lose anyone else to those beasts, so I will make sure nobody leaves the protective walls. If it would save even one life, then Oliver would absolutely do it.

Just to add to his words, his head tilted to the side ever so slightly, trying to give some access to the other spots on his head and neck. What a mighty fighter, a protector to save all. I shall ask them then. And I can come back to you eventually? Once I have tried to protect others and do more to help those within Caido? It was a hopeful request, to be able to have another audience with his goddess. To show her all his love and passion- not just for the pets- but to feel her presence and hear her voice.

Swallowing down hard, he stayed quiet for a moment before speaking. I want to create stuff... at first I thought I should make books more accessible, but I don't know if that'd truly be the most helpful... what if I tried to make stuff for people? Like... weaponry and protections? Provide those with the things they need to learn more and to stay safe. To ensure that everyone here has an equal chance of surviving against the LongNight monsters." Once he stopped speaking he realized how much he had rambled, which showed through with a wave of embarrassment. Guess I rambled there, apologies, Safrin.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Change author:
"Of course." Safrin agreed, her fingers easily filling the voids that his shifting had produced. Perhaps in time Oliver would learn some amount of independence, but he was still young. If coddling was what he needed, she could bear it for a while longer.

"Books may keep them occupied during LongNight though. Perhaps it would keep them from wandering." She mused with a soft shrug. But as for weapons? Protections? "You haven't the magic for that, Oliver." Safrin replied, her voice gentle. "And there are master weaponsmiths such as Deimos who tried to equip everyone last year, and that failed. Remi, Wessex, Jigano, and Loren all created things last year, and still so many died. So many more wounded. The only defense needed is snow moss to deaden the sound, low lighting, and the ability to remain inside."
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There was a lot of growth he needed to do, for sure, and hopefully with the arrival of a second LongNight and new responsibilities, he would actually begin to make those major steps. Hopefully.

Her words were taken to heart and Oliver knew she was right. It would take a long time to learn how to make proper weapons and even if he did, as she pointed out, it could only go so far. I will do my very best to keep people inside, my goddess. Maybe if I have art options indoors, people will have other things to do, along with books. It would limit the risk of children wandering outside... but I cant say the same thing for the adults. As she pointed out, some people chose to go outside. Turning his head to look up at her, he let out a soft sigh. I will work as hard as I possibly can to ensure that people stay indoors. Useless bloodshed would not be an option, not this year.

Is there anything else I should know? Or do for you?
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Change author:
"Art sounds like a lovely idea." She agrees with a warm smile, her fingers curling around the fox's elongated ears. "Or convince everyone to leave. It doesn't make a difference to me." Safrin added with a shrug. Inside, or gone from the Grounds, it hardly mattered. The point was to keep everyone safe, regardless of how that was accomplished.

'Not that I can think of darling one. You just work on you and trying to avoid being cursed by Frey, Mm?"
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Safrin confirmed that she liked the idea of art! That was enough to bring him happiness and joy. It was settled then that he would make sure each of the major LongNight locations had some art supplies, hopefully ensuring people kept occupied. I'll figure things out. There would be an answer, absolutely. There were things that they could improve upon and Oliver would make sure they lowered the death-toll this year.

There is a clear beam of happiness and the little fox nods. With nothing really left to do, all he could prepare for was the incoming LongNight. Training himself to be able to protect others and if need be, fight them into staying indoors. It wasn't something he wanted to turn to, but it may happen. Don't worry, I don't have any plans of visiting Frey anytime soon. Thank you for your time, Safrin. Safe to say, he was left happy. This was a fantastic interaction and he was once more shown just how much he adored his goddess and not just because of her pets.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Change author:
Nodding approvingly, Safrin lingered for a moment or two more, scritching the small fox's head in happy silence. Every now and then she'd hum under her breath until finally it was time to go. With one last cuddle and a kiss pressed against the soft mound of Oliver's skull, the goddess placed the small creature on the ground before vanishing in a plum of lilac-scented smoke.

~FIN