Death is moving upon my soul [Open] [SE]
Open thread dedicated to someone dead
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
Loren really was a cautious sort with all his warnings; while Morgan had always liked to plan ahead herself, she found him a little cowardly. Perhaps it was just how concerned he seemed with every potential negative consequence, whereas she saw them more as abstract possibilities.

It seemed they were going to bump heads a couple times over different things. While she understood how complicated it could be working with family (she had trained under her own father, after all), Morgan felt a professional distance was the best way forward. "He was chosen by Eirachi. The spirits are wiser than us - I don't want to doubt his capabilities." As for Loren's tone, though, she laughed and shook her head. "If you think this is insolent, you should see how some of the recruits talk. You are at best slightly surly."

There were plenty of myths that were only ever myths, but Morgan wasn't going to argue the existence of Mageglass with Loren. That was a discussion for far less busy people than herself in bars.

His suggestion about a post in the Fangs to keep people away from a dangerous Longnight was a good one and she nodded. "I believe that would be wise. It would be good if you could write us a notice with what you know of these monsters to be put in the Citadel. That way people are informed before the time and are less likely to argue when the measures come into place."
There will come a time, you'll see
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
whatever comes, let it come
what stays, let it stay
Crossing his arms, Loren regarded Morgan cooly as she expressed an unwavering faith in a spirit that he'd basically never heard of. "You're one of the few who has no doubts about his leadership." That came out in as even tone as he could manage.

Shaking his head slightly, he let out a huff of laughter. "I'll take surly." Tone self-deprecating, he lowered his arms.

Nodding at her suggestion, he tapped his fingers against his thigh for a moment. "Will do. One last thing: I was thinking of making small, portable medical kits for both your soldiers and any hunters that wanted them. Would that be something your troops would be interested in?"
what goes, let go
LOREN
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
MORGAN
"And you assume this means I'm wrong?" Morgan asked in a challenging tone, tilting her head to one side. To be the minority was not to be incorrect and she would not change her opinion just to be one with the masses. "What are the doubts?" If Loren could present her with convincing enough arguments she'd consider it, but otherwise she'd just chalk it up to brotherly resentment.

While they might have disagreed about Neron, Loren was still making good suggestions and Morgan nodded appreciatively. "Absolutely. Maybe you could come to train the troops for a day on how to use them?"
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
what stays, let it stay
Shaking his head slightly at Morgan's question, Loren pressed his lips together. Her question about doubts was much easier to respond to. "That he's an outsider, along with the rest of his kin. That he hasn't earned his place here, and that he's done nothing during his time as Warden to demonstrate that he is worthy of the people's respect. That if push came to shove they would not follow him, and only tolerate him because it hasn't changed anything in their lives." It came out in the short of rote and impersonal tone that spoke of long memorization and many repetitions.

At least they agreed on actual actionable items. He nodded. "Absolutely. I was planning to teach anyway, for those who wanted to learn."
what goes, let go
LOREN
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Loren's clipped and well-delivered speech spoke of practice and Morgan raised her eyebrows; she had not expected to hear such a well given list of reasons. "...Well. I cannot argue those points. I suppose we will see in time if he proves himself - at the moment, he's no worse than the warden we had before. Though...you know you are also an Outsider here with no reason other than your brothers grace, correct?"
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
what stays, let it stay
Nodding at Morgan's admittedly graceful response, Loren's eyes narrowed slightly. "Do you doubt my abilities as Grand Healer?" There was a slightly challenging edge to his voice.

However, he found himself nodding again. "I am aware. Which is why I am striving to do everything within my power to prove myself to those who were born he." He smiled faintly. "Including you."

Taking a deep breath, he glanced once more at the memorial for her father. "I'll be in touch about the kits and the trainings. In the meantime, if there's anything else I can assist you with, please let me know." The healer saluted. Then, in a much softer voice he added, "I'm sorry, once again, about your father's fate."

With that, unless she had anything to add, he'd take his leave of her.
what goes, let go
LOREN
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
"No. As of yet, you've given me no reason to. I would just caution you against criticising your brother for matters that also apply to yourself." Hypocrisy was intensely irritating and she would not see it practiced within the Palace; she always operated on the method of treating everyone alike, ruling them all by the same rule. It was how her guards were trained and it was how she saw the world.

Still, she wasn't looking for an argument and it seemed he wasn't either. With a nod at the comment about her father (glancing back to the memorial and wondering if he would have thought her trust of the healer wise) she watched Loren go, thinking she really needed to talk to Neron soon.

{FIN}
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3