[se] wasn't born to be soft and quiet
for Ark characters
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
but there's chaos brewing
underneath my skin
Unfortunately for Saiden, discourse over munitions inspired a range of excitement and exhilaration, amidst a sudden bout of fiery words. “Oh! I recently trained with swords!” Then her bag was haphazardly thrown onto the bunk beside Fangorn, who shuffled out of the way quickly. “I prefer the staff and bow!” Which he’d be able to see on her person anyway, the quiver laden with her favorite fiery arrows; the bow itself hidden amidst the bracelet on her wrist. “Daggers too,” she hummed, not revealing that one either.

The girl completely handwaved the comment about mouths to other uses, forgoing it entirely for the notion of treasures, tilting her head while she continued rummaging through the sack, mind going a mile a minute. “I’ve only heard about mageglass in Halo. Supposed to enhance magic abilities or something.” Which she hadn’t cared about, since she didn’t have anything of the sort.
trying to hold in the storm
instead of making waves
MELITA
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
our sins are washed away
Melita's excitement drew a genuine smile from Saiden. "Is that so?" He placed his hands on his hips. "You'll have to show me your moves some time. And maybe I can show you some tricks with the sword too." Voice eager, he practically beamed at her.

Arching an eyebrow, he dropped his voice to a whisper, glancing around to make sure they were alone. "I'm sorry, what did you say?" He leaned forward, though it was simply to give them even more privacy. "There's glass that can enhance magical magical abilities? Where in Halo?" It was his turn to be incredibly excited and he stared at her with wide eyes.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
underneath my skin
The promise of training drew more excitement and ebullience, savage little curls of vitriol in her blood, humming underneath her breath at the notion of more practice and precision with swords. Always eager, rapt, and fervent to learn, to acquaint herself with more penchants for vehemence, violence, protection, and strength. “Sure!” The response was bright and chipper, a blaze of convictions. Might had always gone a long way for her, and she intended for it to continue persevering, no matter where she ended up.

When his voice dropped to a whisper, she ceased shifting through her bag, closing it shut when everything seemed to become conspiring, arching a brow in similar display. “I’m not sure anyone’s found it yet. But they’ve had some hunting for it.” She shrugged; not interested in that semblance of treasure, when she had no need of it. Though, it sounded as though he was likely of the enchanted contortions, based on his reaction. “You must have magic, then?”
instead of making waves
MELITA
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
our sins are washed away
Smiling at Melita's swift and enthusiastic response, Saiden rubbed his hands together. "Great! It's a date." His tone was friendly, but also deliberately ambiguous as to what date, exactly, he was talking about.

As she asked whether he had magic, he arched an eyebrow. "Maybe I just know people with magic. Or who would kill to get their hands on something that could amplify it." He winked at her playfully, the sound bright and cheerful. "Nah, you're right. I've got magic, though not much." Cocking his head to one side, his eyes narrowed as he regarded her. "How about you?"
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
underneath my skin
The notion of a date with weapons was nothing more than that to her, and she nodded enthusiastically, tilting her head and forgetting entirely why she was shifting through her bag in the first place, listening to the notions of magic. Those that would kill to get their hands on something powerful, to amplify the enchantments, and the youth wondered briefly if she’d said the right thing, if she’d let go of information too willingly. Perhaps Saiden would be like so many others, wandering down into the depths of the unknown, greedy and avaricious, never to return. She probably would’ve been the same way, if there was anything to coax her with more power, more precision, more might, more strength – but the girl simply adhered to her own.

“I don’t have anything.” Except the ability to summon heralds, which she’d keep quiet and to herself. “What kinds of magic? I’ve seen quite a few.”
instead of making waves
MELITA
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
our sins are washed away
Nodding at Melita's comment that she didn't possess any power of her own, Saiden smiled. "An Accepted, then?" Although it was a question, his tone was quite certain about that fact.

Shrugging, Saiden glanced towards the wooden wall briefly. When he returned his gaze to the redhead, he grinned brightly. "Water, mostly. A bit of air too. Nothing too powerful." Cocking his head to the side, his grin turned to a smirk. "I tend to rely on other talents." He winked, though it was still playful.

Patting the bed she'd chosen, he pushed off from it, walking a few steps away. "I should finish letting you settle in. Unless you'd like to see the cannons now?"
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
underneath my skin
She nodded; accepted, neither attuned, abandoned, or ascended, somewhere bounding along heralds and gods, and then nowhere. Carving, whittling, and weaving her own path, nefarious, savage, or bestial, nestled with hints of compassion and warmth, intervals of where she’d been born and how she’d fought to overcome.

Water and air enchantments, probably incredibly suitable for the waves, for the ocean, for the sea. “Does that help with sailing, then?” She made no mention of her infused items: of the quiver of arrows that could ignite and unveil infernal decrees, of the nymph ministrations curled around her ankle, of the bow bracelet settled along her wrist. Furtive and secret, specious and withdrawn – snorting at his wink.

But her expression changed into the wild ebullience all over again at the notion of cannons, ignoring the thought of settling in – avaricious and grasping for the wickedness, for the decadence, for the potential for learning another skill, another munition. “Oh, the cannons please!” The grin flickering and following was insatiably wild; fervent and eager for the fray.
instead of making waves
MELITA
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
our sins are washed away
Saiden grinned at Melita's question. "Probably. But I don't do much actual sailing, these days or in the past." Shrugging, he scratched the back of his head. "I mean, I learned, but I've always been a cook first and foremost." And he sounded more than a bit proud of that fact.

As she asked to be shown the cannons, he nodded. Gesturing for her to follow, he led her through the ship, ducking under ceilings that were often too short for his too tall frame. It didn't take long to reach the cannons, and he leaned on the wall of the room that housed them, crouching slightly. "There are more on the other side, but they're identical."
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
underneath my skin
Melita was mildly perplexed by the statement that he didn’t do much sailing – thinking to make a gesture towards the ship they were on, but didn’t bother. Perhaps she was missing something. So she shrugged in turn, a mild snicker bordering on her mouth. “Does it help you with making soup then?”

She followed along at the rumination and subject of cannons though, dropping off her bag, grabbing hold of Fangorn, and then making the same path as Saiden. While he obviously had it down by rote, she didn’t, and committed each step, each motion, to memory, key details and notations in the back of her mind. The girl made an audible gasp when they came upon the cannons though, larger than she’d imagined, weaponry the likes she’d never seen. She shuffled to them quietly, as if it were a reverential place, reaching out to pat one gently. “Very nice. How do you use them?”
instead of making waves
MELITA
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
our sins are washed away
Laughing, Saiden nodded. "That it does." Winking playfully, he dropped his voice to a conspiratorial whisper. "Among other useful little tricks." His voice was equal parts amused and self-satisfied, though not flirty or suggestive.

When Melita asked how the cannons worked, he shrugged. "Dunno." Scratching the back of his head, he peered at the cannons. "You'd have to ask one of the cannoneers, I suppose." Giving her an apologetic smile, he continued slouching against the wall.

Still looking contrite, he spread his arms. "I'm just the cook, remember? I make the food, and that's about it around here." That didn't sound like it bothered him. If anything, he was proud of the work he did.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
underneath my skin
The suggestion of other tricks had Melita raising her eyebrows, either suspiciously or in a conspiring measure, but let the entire conversation go in favor of the cannons. Her features rendered themselves quickly to disappointment, a level frown drawn across her lips, at the notion that Saiden didn’t know. Perhaps it was fine that others weren’t fascinated or intrigued by other munitions like she was; but to live amongst them and not comprehend? Maybe that’s why Jack had said they needed some others.

And he seemed fine with this bout of ignorance – accepting his fate as a cook. “Never wanted to learn?” She tilted her head, a vague inquiry; only because she’d been a greedy, grasping, mercenary creature her entire life, always striving, always trying, to grab hold of anything she could: whether it was information, skills, or some other assemblage of tenacity.
instead of making waves
MELITA
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
our sins are washed away
If Melita was bothered by Saiden's lack of interest in and knowledge of cannons, that was her problem. He certainly didn't look the slightest bit upset that he couldn't tell her what she wanted to know. "Not really." He shrugged, the motion casual.

Glancing at the cannons, he grinned. "I'm a good cook, and that's all I need to be. That's the nice part about being part of a crew. We each do our jobs, and trust that our mates will do the same. I cook, the navigator navigates, the captain captains, and the cannoneer cannons." There was a proud tone to his voice, and he was clearly happy with the division of labor.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
underneath my skin
So much for that then – incapable of parsing out any other further information about the cannons. Her patience would likely drawn thin, and she wouldn’t have much else for choices except to wait. Her head tilted at the notion, the sanction of jobs, no one required to be a jack-of-all-trades – fitting into their accustomed roles. So she’d have to do the same. Perhaps it was different from the Grounds in that way; half the time people attempted to force and barge their way in (herself included) where others could’ve done far better. Something to ponder – and she nodded her acceptance at the rumination, sorting and storing it within her mind. Thereafter though, she wasn’t certain what else to do. “Is there anything else I need to know?” About the ship? The crew?
instead of making waves
MELITA
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
our sins are washed away
Scratching the back of his head, Saiden shrugged at Melita's question. Then he shook his head. "Nope." Grinning, he pushed off against the wall, though he was careful not to bang his head. "At least, not that I can think of." He walked to the exit, then turned to face her again.

Smiling, he crossed his arms. "I imagine Jack will want a word with ye soon enough. But in the meantime, if you need anything, I'll be in the kitchen. You can't miss it, just follow the delicious smells." With that, he ducked his head and began making his way back through the ship.

-FIN?