not abandoned by all
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
EVIE
Evie gives a wry smile, reaching to pluck a tiny sprout in her windowsill and places it upon her palm. With her newly upgraded magic from training with Zariah and Morgan mere days ago, it is easy to have it sprouting instantly into a fully mature plant in her hand. She returns it to the windowsill and gives Sam and uncertain but still proud grin. "The results speak for themselves I think. But it's not easy to be under her rule, especially willingly." Amalia had spoken her negative opinion as well, but this is something Evie has to do. Her bullheadedness will get her through it.

"Oh, I've trained with Weaver!" The name had taken a moment to register, recalling her name being spoken when training with Deimos. She hadn't even suspected the woman was Abandoned. But wasn't that just proof that they shouldn't be treated any differently? "I'm sorry. But it's hard to even hope for a positive interaction when I've prayed my whole life to overcome something I couldn't choose, and been forsaken despite it. She may treat you well, but this is proof she is not guaranteed to do the same to me." Her gentle tone allows for him to dispute it if he wishes, and maybe he has proof of other Abandoneds being accepted with open arms if he'd like to share those stories. But for now she's not sure she can overcome this invasion of privacy.

"I can't believe she didn't suspect it...but you know she'd be too proud to admit it. She ignored me being Abandoned, she likely just locked the knowledge away in the same manner. So long as he didn't return to her, why would Mother care? Amalia didn't know, and Amalia's mother never raised a fuss." Their mother is very traditional in that way. So long as her husband didn't make the same mistake twice, why raise a fuss and out herself at a disadvantage by divorcing?
Don't look up, just let them think
There's no place else you'd rather be
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Sam watched eagerly to see what Evie would do with the sprout she picked up, always enjoying seeing the magic of those around him: he had some impressive upgrades to be sure, but there was something special about seeing someone manipulate the elements around them with sheer will. "That must be useful for the Apothecary...maybe you could come rescue the several dead plants on the windowsills of the Atheneum." He laughed quietly, not admitting that watering them had often been his missed job.

He was happy to hear that Evie already knew Weaver, but her gentle putting down about the Voice...well, he couldn't really tell her she was wrong. Sam was used to hearing vitriol and hate about his Goddess, but this honest, considered response was something he didn't feel right arguing against. "I understand. I can't force you to do anything and I wouldn't want to either." Giving her a smile, he hoped they could leave it at that.

Evie was right enough about their mother too. "Mm...I would ask her, but I don't know if I could stand being in the old house. Or if she'd even speak to me. You know...I still think I was the ultimate disappointment, I'm afraid." With a teasing smirk, he nudged her, as if this was a title either of them would want to claim. "Amalia...suggested we all have dinner together sometime. It might be horrendously awkward, but..." Sam shrugged. "Maybe we should try?"
Samuel
I want you so badly
But you could be anyone
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
EVIE
"I could definitely do that," she laughs, the shaky undertone more relieved than anything at the positive response. It feels crazy to be doing this so freely in front of Sam, but a part of her is wilting in abject appreciation that nothing seems to have changed between them. In fact, she feels much closer to him already. One less secret between them. And she nods her head gratefully as he doesn't object to her wishes. Perhaps someday she will be ready to face The Voice again, but as she grows older her beliefs only seem to grow more deeply rooted. It worries her sometimes, the bitterness that she can't cut out of her soul.

"If that's a title you want to claim, I'll be happy to call you champion," she teases back, which is rather sad considering the matter they're discussing. Bonding over childhood trauma is definitely a time-honored pastime between siblings. She reaches out to try and squeeze his hand, giving him a lopsided smile that is far from her normal put-together act. "I think it would be good to try." After all this time. She's willing to give it a go, even if it likely means mediating between the two the whole evening.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Agreements, secrets waved away...their relationship was becoming unrecognisable from where it had been only a year before and Sam found himself filled with an almost giddy happiness over it. He'd always wanted a family, and while he'd never get that from his parents (especially now, obviously) there was a chance with his sisters, which could well be enough if they kept working at it.

"Ha. Thank you. I should have a trophy." He joked; really, Evie was the only person he felt comfortable making that kind of joke with, because she had known at least some of what he had been through. Her hand on his was met with a squeeze in return. "However, I think I still have the nicer handwriting." Sam laughed, looking with raised eyebrows at some of the labels on Evie's plants.

She agreed the dinner was a good thing to try. "It might have to be Flowerbirth, when we finally do it, but it'll be...good. I think. Family dinner when we were children...well, you know how that was." Silent glares, clipped conversation, snapped tellings-off for the slightest of etiquette breaches. "Hopefully this might be better."
Samuel
I want you so badly
But you could be anyone
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
EVIE
"I would offer to make one for you, but not after that grievous insult." Her amusement is clear in her bright eyes, content to admit that Sam definitely has the better penmanship of the two. Perhaps once, in the past, it would have been just another point of contention. Another reminder of Sam accepting himself so much faster than her, adjusting so well to a life that had been cruelly thrust upon him. Now, it's merely a sign of their differences. She can appreciate that at this point in her life. Evie hopes he can, too.

A wince is her immediate response to such dark, tense memories. Waving it away with a flick of her wrist, as if to dispel them from the air between the twins. "It will be. Because we want it to be. Intent makes all the difference." Her expression is warm and confident, hoping to inspire the same in her brother. Though her smile is still a little unsteady, at least it finds its rightful place upon her lips as she invites him further into the apothecary to sit down and have some tea.

No better time to practice a family dinner, right?

- FIN