To whom it may concern
<3
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
Maea
And I hope that you don't suffer
But take the pain
In a small room in the lodgings of the Arcane Academy, a letter had been left out on the desk. It was a simple envelope, penned with unsteady hand and written in some haste.

Unlike the neat, tidy, very impersonal look of the room - with all the items tucked away in drawers and cabinets, papers stacked in orderly piles - the letter was deeply intimate.

Addressed to the one person who had been on the mind of the girl who wrote it.

Sunjata.

I know I promised to let you know next time I decide to do something dangerous, but I don't have time to find you before we set off, so I'll just leave this letter for you instead.

Remi and Ronin posted on the Torchline Notice Board about hunting rogue Ghost Whales, and I've decided to join them. I've been feeling so restless lately, and I figured, that I might as well do something useful with my time. With these powers I've come into.

(Something interesting happened just the other day, and I'm really looking forward to showing you. Won't tell you now though, it'll be a surprise for when I see you next time!)

I can't help but feel that I'm supposed to do something, be somewhere, and I don't know what or where. Maybe if I get this restlessness out of my system, I'll be able to figure it out. Of course, I still hope that it will turn out to be by your side, but if it's not, well... I guess we'll figure things out as they go along. 

Writing a letter in case something happens feels a bit ominous. Like I'm preparing myself for a bad ending to this venture, when it hasn't even started yet. But I figured, that if something should happen, then I don't want to just disappear on you. Or on any of my friends. Whether it's because I get hurt and can't reach out for a while, or because of something more permanent... But I'm sure we'll be fine. No doubt I'll come back with some more bruises, you get to tell me I'm being an idiot, and that will be that.

Know that regardless of what happens, this was entirely my idea and I take full responsibility for my own actions. Should I be unable to meet with you again, I want you to know that you are the best thing that ever happened to me. The time I spent with you, every moment of it, has been the happiest of my life. You're the light in my darkness, the first star and the last to bless my night. Thank you for sharing all your secrets with me, and for giving me what you could, even when I asked for too much. Don't give up on life, please, and don't let this break you. I'll be with you, even if you can't see me, and I will watch over you. So stay strong, and hold on. I believe in you. Always have, always will, and nothing you ever do will change that.

I love you, with all my heart. Let's meet again at the house, once I'm back. There will always be too many things I want to tell you, and paper just can't hold it all. I tried though.

Always yours,
Maea Valair

PS. I finished the invitations for your birthday party. They're all ready to be sent out, I just haven't gotten to it yet. Happy birthday, fishboy! There, now I'm the first to have told you! Don't let me be the last. DS.

PPS. If Weaver asks, I left the notebook with my father's recipes in the bottom drawer. They're all hers, to use as she sees fit.

PPPS. Oh, would you let Loren know I'm sorry too? Guess I can't help being reckless after all. Sitting still and doing nothing just isn't my thing, I guess?

This is getting ridiculous though, so I'll just wrap things up here. Take care, and don't forget me!
Hope if everybody runs
You choose to stay
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦