Training butting heads
for Oliver
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
Feeling the creature finally leave his back, Ronin shook himself off and turned in a circle, trying to spot where Oliver had disappeared off too. Sorry! I hope I didn't hurt you, he apologised, his mental voice sounding a little flustered, and he lowered his nose to the ground to sniff at the little fox as he appeared again. But there were more tests to be done, and confusion was evident in their Attuned link while Ronin slowly turned to walk again.

Okay... he said slowly, not understanding what he would have to fear from a tiny fox's little claws. How was Oliver planning to hunt him anyway?

Very accurately, it would turn out. The luxere walked with relative confidence now through the words, already learning from their very first test, when his ears picked up an entirely new sound. Or did they? Pausing in the foliage as every instinct pinged that something was very wrong, the leopard executed a perfect ambush and Ronin... well, he panicked, truth be told.

Bolting, he was a fraction too slow, and the leopard would find his paws connecting with the luxere's back end with ease.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
We're so happy
Of course the little fox was fine and Ronin would feel a wave of reassurance, he wasn't injured. Even if he was, it wouldn't have been bad at all. Ronin hadn't done anything to cause anything super bad.

Clearly, Oliver was fine seeing as he would go on to take on Ronin in a completely different fashion than before. While he wasn't nearly as large as a normal leopard, he was still pretty decently sized and would hopefully provide to be a nice representation of a monster who may attack during LongNight.

The moment his paws connected, Oliver attempted to grasp on, using his lower half to try and hold onto him as well. There was the faint prick of claws, but not once did they extend out, more of a constant sign that he did have them. That if he was a true predator, they would've been fully extended. A loud growl leaves Oliver, trying to also be a monster. Shake me off! His voice sounded a tad bit more aggressive, showing he was now trying to give in to some of his instincts, the ones that allowed him to know how to hunt.

Whatever Ronin did next would truly dictate whether Oliver saw him as failing to protect himself or succeeding.
even when we're smiling out of fear
OLIVER
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
Oliver was not the only one trying not to give into instincts, though being an Attuned for longer meant that the fox-turned-leopard was probably a lot better at it. The growl, the prick of claws, the presence of something hanging off his hindquarters was enough even to overwhelm the urge to bolt and run, and the luxere tossed his head and let out a bleat of protest.

The aggressive command mingled with the parts of Ronin that were both prey animal and former soldier, and boy did he comply with it. Stopping in his attempts to flee, the hunter dug both front hooves into the mossy ground and bucked, his hind legs seeking out the leopard's underbelly that he might boot him off for good.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
We're so happy
Some sort of internal instincts finally seemed to click, allowing the deer below him to properly act. No longer was he trying to flee or just standing there and allowing himself to be attack. No. The powerful Luxere was showing just who he was and that he would be capable of protecting the Hollowed Ground during LongNight. A swift pair of legs rammed straight into his chest, causing Oliver to let out a loud growl of pain. Immediately, he let go and allowed himself to fall to the ground. Normally, he would've tried to put up a bit more of a fight but damn did that take all the air out of him.

Crawling away, he found himself a few feet away, making sure that Ronin had some time to calm down before he approached again. Good job. He sent in a surprisingly calm tone, despite the fact that he himself did feel a bit of pain. Hopefully Ronin wouldn't be able to detect it and could relax for a bit. I know I didn't do everything you needed... but I do think you really are on the right track to do great. Give the guy a few compliments seeing as he didn't exactly have the most confidence in this form from what Oliver could tell.
even when we're smiling out of fear
OLIVER
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
On the contrary, Ronin felt like he and his luxere form had finally clicked, as Oliver had put it. Feeling his hooves connect, the stag wasted very little time and turned about, head lowered to bare his antlers, as if challenging the leopard to come back for more. Only the sound of the other man's voice in his mind calmed him somewhat, Ronin slowing his steps and tossing his head back, casting prisms of light along the forest floor.

You did great, he said, his mental voice sounding a little out of breath. Thanks, for all of your help. You want a ride back out of here? In, ah, fox form, of course. Tempting the leopard to hang off him again was probably pushing it a bit far, right?
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The mighty deer bent down, barring mighty antlers. It made Oliver feel pretty damn proud of himself. He helped a man who- honestly- could be the savior of LongNight. The fact that Safrin had granted him such a gorgeous and incredible shift would be an obvious indicator of his status and abilities. To know that he might be responsible for helping others made Oliver feel important, useful, and impactful. Something that normally, he wouldn't be able to really say.

Once the deer had calmed down, the voice within his head would've earned a wide grin. Looks like Ronin had been put through a lot, as shown through his voice. It was a good sign of great things to come, but also a sign that Ronin still needed to keep things up. One training session weeks before the event wouldn't work and he'd absolutely need to keep it up in order to remain a mighty force of nature.

Shifting down into the fox, there was a wag of his tail as he eagerly jumped onto the back of Ronin. As he spoke, his voice was beaming with pride and excitement- but he was also clearly a bit tired. I know you'll do an amazing job- and thank you for the ride! Make sure you keep this up. Settling in, Oliver made sure that he was safely on the deer before giving the go-ahead to continue.

Seeing as I've been instructed to prevent people from going outside, maybe we could communicate during LongNight? Just talk through the walls. I can give you information on things going inside and people who want to leave while you give me information to relay inside? It was an offer that he was hoping the luxere would accept. After all, it could be the difference between survival and failure.

FIN for Oliver?
A fox is a wolf who sends flowers.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
Waiting until the leopard-turned-fox hopped up and onto his back, Ronin made his way back through the foliage and falling leaves. It was easier going, following his own scent back (as strange a sensation that might be), and the luxere moved much more naturally through the woods now that he had been given the opportunity to properly engage with the shift. Believe me, I have no intention of letting it fall by the wayside, he remarked with a feeling like wry amusement. Longnight had not been kind to Ronin in the past; he would not jeopardise things if he could at all help it.

Thank you - that will probably save lives, he said honestly; communication like that could prevent any monsters from tricking people from opening doors. It sounds, then, like we have a plan. And really, that was the hardest part. Right? Right.

~FIN