empires on fire
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
Oh. Well. Amalia has the decency to color a little at her misunderstanding, though even this is not enough to fully knock her off her wave of indignation. A retort rises quick and easy to the tip of her tongue, but before she can voice it Rexanna steps in, surprisingly taking the Shield's side.

The wind out of her sails, she simply nods in response to Sam, as much an apology as he's likely to receive. "Loren told me that the borders of Halo will be open to anyone from Sanctuary who wants to leave the Grounds for Long Night. It... Might be a good idea to encourage it. But we can talk about it later." Sitting back, she moves her hands to her lap, fidgeting uncomfortably. She's very ready to escape and go home, ideally before she bursts again
you are slowly growing
but you are still growing
and that is enough
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
there's an ocean in my body
there's a river in my soul
Rexanna frowned and Sam looked off, embarrassed to have misspoken in front of her; he respected Rexanna greatly (and honestly, knew that in the unspoken hierarchy of their family, she was likely above him) and did not want to get on her bad side so early into his tenure at the council. "Yes, you're probably right. I apologise."

He listened to what Amalia had to say as well, but didn't want to add anything more, already anxious he'd ruined his chances at a continued position here. As soon as an opportune moment came up, he would leave.
if I see a sign in the sky tonight
No one's gonna tell me it's a trick of the light
SAMuEL
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
Rexanna wasn't the only one who glanced at Deimos at the mention of the prisons, a wry smile quirking the bard's lips. Such troublesome places, prisons, and not nearly as sturdy as they seemed if Roana's escape was anything to go by.

The byplay between the siblings was watched keenly, Jigano nodding quiet support of Amalia's questions, also quite curious - and, yes, suspicious - of what secrets the Ascended intended to keep, but Sam's explanation satisfied his wariness and Rexanna's point was well-made.

"Loren said the same to me," he said quietly in agreement with the Shield's suggestion of sanctuary in Halo. "Though we should still double check with Neron. Other than that... A Spark Bird perch and offerings won't hurt, even if most people are ideally gone. And stockpiling food and snow moss can never start too early." He shrugged, a rueful smile on his face as he subsided, willing to wait with the rest for LongNight's inevitable nearing.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
We're lost in the space between
who we are and all that we're trying to be

He grew silent again, observing, watching assertions loom back and forth, twists and turns of spurned vitriol released, then dimmed. Perhaps no point in going towards the Fae then, after all these other events transpired, the ban upon Ascended still holding true. The Voice’s predilections and actions towards a multitude of others had already pressed and crumbled things to shambles, and he wasn’t certain if there was anything remotely helpful that could be done via her potential or prowess.

So he wisely said nothing until he was addressed, piercing eyes leaving the volley between Samuel and Amalia, as the Penumbra mentioned the prisons (his gaze snapped to Jigano for a moment; hidden humor and wiles collected in the notion of those holds – knowing exactly which one to not place individuals within). He knew he hadn’t touched them since Roana, hadn’t had any need, so a quick nod ascertained his agreement and accord. “We can do that.” How much they’d require its threshold remained to be seen (and he still didn’t know how she’d managed to escape the previous year – winding her way up the road to the guild). Maybe there were other means and measures they could utilize too; something to ponder in the near future, alongside stockpiling, food and wood gathering.

DEIMOS
Stop trying to show how to save our souls
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts