seconds, and first steps.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
we live in a world someone else imagined
"It did feel funny. Like I could walk twice as far in one step," Ronin confirmed with a nod, smirking and gazing around at the boxing ring. It was hardly ideal - something Seren demonstrated with her sneezes - but it was all he could do at such short notice. Tomorrow would be a time for taking stock of things and working out a more permanent solution, but tonight at least there was shelter.

Putting Seren down by the stacked crates, Ronin went on the hunt for anything spare that he might use for temporary comfort; blankets, towels, whatever was available. "Hm?" He glanced over his shoulder as she questioned the ring, strolling back across the room with two blankets folded over his arm. There was booze too, but he understandably did not touch any of that.

"That is somewhere that people go to practice fighting," he explained. "It's a space where they can pretend to fight each other so they can get better at it."
the dark star
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
Seren
I am magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
Destined to seek, destined to know
She laughed and seemed very pleased with herself, that the unexpected trick had been so well received.

Father set her down, and almost immediately Seren skipped on light feet over to the boxing ring that had caught her attention, raven curls bouncing against her small back with each step. Grasping one of the ropes between soft fingers, she poked her head inside to expect the poles and the way feet had churned up drifts of sand in the corners within.

"Okay. Do you know how to fight? Who are they fighting against?" she asked, easily accepting the explanation. And of course there were more questions.

Shifting her grip to the upper section, Seren made to climb the ropes surrounding the ring, fully intending to scale them to get higher up. For a better vantage point. The plain white dress hitched up around her knees as she moved her leg up, with not a care if the impossibly clean fabric got stained.
I am a princess on the way to my throne
Destined to reign, destined to roam
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Of course she skipped away the second he had put her down. Ronin had not had much time with Aoife, but the toddler had been much the same way unless tied to something (not that he had ever actually done anything like that, but it would be a lie to say the thought had not crossed his mind at points). Folding the blankets to create somewhere comfortable to lay down and something to tuck around Seren, Ronin returned to see her climbing the ropes on the ring.

"Be careful," he warned, stepping up beside her to steady the ropes so she wouldn't go flipping over and onto the sand. "In general? There is no one in particular to fight against, they just want to be ready just in case. And some people do it for fun," he explained. "And yes, I know how to fight." He smirked. "I was a soldier in an army, once upon a time."
the dark star
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seren
The steadying of the rope helped immensely, and Seren didn't seem to mind the cautioning or the help. On the contrary, she tried to use Ronin's shoulder as another hand hold, and drew herself up to stand upright on the highest of the ropes, safe and comfortable and not the least bit frightened.

"If it is fun, I wanna do it too!" she declared, with eyes that glowed blue with enthusiasm. The view from above was definitely better, and she felt far more comfortable like this. "Daddy, watch this!"

And with a sudden lurch Seren jumped right off the rope, out towards the sands of the pit. But rather than tumbling head over heel, there was another pulse of lightness, and she all but drifted down to the ground, soft as down or falling snow. Landed without a scratch.

Then she turned back to her father, beaming and expecting praise.
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"It isn't fun, Seren. It's practice, and people can really get h-- whoa!" Ronin had let the girl clamber up beside him with the full intention of catching her if she started to fall. But given that she launched herself from the ropes, Ronin was caught off guard, and he felt his stomach do backflips as she... slowed. Slowed elegantly down and didn't end up getting hurt even in the slightest. Heart thundering, the hunter rubbed at his forehead and shook his head as she turned to brightly address him.

"That... ff..." Nope, no swearing. "Well, at least I know you can do that now," he said, ruffling his hand back through his hair and stepping back from the ring. "Come on, hop on out of there." He held a hand out for her. "It's late, and we should both be sleeping."
the dark star
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Well it sounded fun, and jumping was fun, and feeling the sand tickle her toes as she landed was also fun, so all in all, Seren was very pleased with herself. Utterly oblivious to the fright she'd just given her already hard pressed father.

But once she had all the weight settled properly on the feet again, a wave of weariness came over her, quite suddenly. Like before, when she had needed picking up only more. The floating was very interesting, but rather taxing too, for such a small star.

"Okay. Maybe I am a little tired." Quite obediently, the girl came when her father called, and climbed out under the rope this time. Her small hand reached up to take the hand he offered, and she looked to the nest he had arranged.

"Will you stay?" she asked, looking up at him. Just to make sure he wouldn't change his mind and go without telling her.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
The girl looked tired, certainly, and Ronin smile a little as she came and took his hand. Leading her over to the blankets he'd folded, Ronin grabbed a spare and leant down to wrap it around her to keep her warm. It wouldn't be quite so necessary once the sun was up, but at night on the beach it could get quite chilly. "Of course I'll stay. Why would I leave you?" He tilted his head, shifting to sit down and inviting her to lay on the blankets.

The Dark Star wouldn't leave any child alone in the middle of the night, let alone his daughter. It was a good thing to have a trick up his sleeve where he could be in more than one place at a time, granted, but he didn't plan on going anywhere. Settling back against the crates, Ronin felt his eyes grow heavy with exhaustion. But there was so much yet to do.
the dark star
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
She didn't have the words to express the source of the small worry. Perhaps it was the starless shadows in the corners, or the unfamiliar scents. Maybe she wasn't quite as brave as she let on, or the protective numbness of excitement had worn off slightly. Regardless, her smile was wide and relieved when he reassured her that he wouldn't go anywhere, and she curled up on the blankets beside him.

Bundled up, warm and comfortable, Seren watched her father's face from this new angle. It had never been this close before, or quite as real, when Mother showed him to her.

A small hand reached up to touch his stubbled cheek, just to confirm that he really was real. "I am glad you are my daddy," she said softly, and closed those big blue eyes. Sighed, and felt the excitement of the evening claim its toll.

At least sleep was very familiar to the starchild, and it didn't take long before she was drifting away.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Almost entirely lost in the thoughts of what now, why now, why anything, Ronin was surprised at the warm little hand that came brushing against his cheek, and he blinked down at Seren and conjured a quiet smile for her. "Sleep well," he said, reaching down to smooth a hand across her thick, dark curls, before leaving her to her rest. It was not rest that the Star would benefit from himself, and when enough time had passed that Ronin was sure Seren was soundly alseep, he stood up from the crates. In his wake, his projection remained and sat sentinel, leaving the hunter to step out into the night. He had someone profoundly important to visit.

~FIN
the dark star