Personal Quest Home Is Where the Books Are
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Five out of six ain't bad, at least. Ronin rolled his shoulders as he listened to the final instructions. Given that his tasks so far had amounted to a helluva lot of heavy lifting, he was not sad to see that the last thing to do was to make up some beds.

First things first, however, and the hunter made sure to wash his hands and dust off his clothes as best as possible, not wanting the new inhabitants of the guild to be sleeping in dust and debris. That done, he took bedsheets into each room, following after Loren and Rance as they moved the beds, so he could make them up.

Okay, so they were kind of sloppily done, but even if Ronin had been a soldier, military etiquette had never really been his thing. Still, they looked more like bedrooms when he was finished.

Ronin takes the last task and makes up the beds.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
This time Jigano was prepared when Amalia went flitting off, though he was curious, too. As Loren and Rance successfully shifted the simple, sturdy beds into each room, Jigano followed in their wake with chairs. Samuel wasn’t far behind him as they helped to furnish the six rooms, with Quanil and Ronin bringing up the rear of the little parade of happy homemakers, beds made (a tad messily, but it just made the rooms look more lived in) and curtains hung with a personal touch to make each room a little cozier for their future residents.

In the end they all piled into the previously Broken Room, Jigano getting a good look at the shattered window for the first time. He went over to it with a faint frown, looking at the jagged glass still in the frame. ”It looks like it was broken outwards, not inwards,” he mused thoughtfully, glancing back to the rug. ”I’ll get a patch on this until I can speak to the glazier about a permanent replacement. But as for the… blood?” He hummed thoughtfully as he used a broom handle to clear the broken glass from the frame and pulled on his mix of mastered creation, earth, and fire magics to make a replacement pane of thick glass to fit in its place.

”It looks quite old. I don’t think any dastardly deeds were done in here recently, at least. Not for many years. Though I wonder…” He looked to Amalia, Sam, and Quanil with a brow arched in curiosity, a glint of challenge in his eyes. ”Loreseekers, do you think we can find out what happened here? We’ll need to ask around with the locals, try to find out how long ago that window broke and if anyone went missing from the Settlement around that time, or needed treatment at the Infirmary. It might take weeks or more. But it sounds right up our alley.”

He turned to gathered volunteers, especially Loren, Ronin, and Rance, and placed a hand over his heart, offering a small but sincere bow. ”Thank you, all of you, for helping today. We might leave this particular room, ah, untenanted for now,” he decided with one more questioning glance at the stains. ”But the Guild owes you all a debt.” He turned to Quanil with a grin and an arched brow. ”And as a Seeker without a home of their own yet, you get first pick of the rooms. I only ask that we hold the largest room in case we get a pair who wish to room together.”

With that, the PQ to create a dormitory for Loreseekers concludes! Thank you all for participating. Quanil may choose a room at this time if they like, and the Guild has received a new mystery to pursue!

You may leave a concluding post if you wish, and the thread will be archived in a week.

Age: 24 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Socks Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Quanil almost squealed with excitement, despite the lack of cute companions around. WE HAVE A MYSTERY!! They kept the squeal in, but their enthusiasm practically radiated from them. They glanced at Amalia and Samuel to see if they were as happy as they themselves were. Quanil nodded at the provost's 'suggestions' (they might as well be orders to them). It was all they could do to keep from saluting and running out right now to get started.

But their guild master was still speaking, and leaving would be rude. So Quanil stayed and listened. They smiled at the people who had come to help, even without being Loreseekers. And they almost squealed again at actually getting first pick of rooms! They did nod and say, "Of course," in acknowledgement of the provost's excellent suggestion on leaving the largest room alone.

All the rooms were nice, but Quanil thought they'd like a room with a window or two (and some of their sister's curtains! Even though every room would have the bedsheets she made as well). So as much as they loved the inlaid circle in the room they'd cleared out, that one was off the list. They didn't want to choose the room they were in now, since the glazier would have to come in to deal with the window. Better to be out of the way.

That left three rooms to choose from. Quanil wandered between them, weighing their options, until they finally stopped by The Farmer's Room/Room 2.

"If it's okay, sir, I'd like this one, I think." Windows that opened to let in fresh air, the built-in shelving... There were so many things they could put on those shelves. (But hopefully not mouse nests!)

And with their guild master's acceptance, they'd run to get their things and start "unpacking." Not that they had many things, but it still felt more like... well, like home.
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Mercedes Offline
Change author:
The heavy furniture was moved inside easily enough and, with a little dedication, they got the rooms put together. The mystery of the Broken Room was certainly a curious one and Rance mused silently that, even though he wasn’t quite a definite part of the Guild, he’d likely be doing his own asking around regardless. Might have to report back if he found anything, too.

In the present, though, he nodded back to Jigano’s bow. “Glad to have been a help. Think part of my payment might be the books downstairs.” The corner of his mouth quirked up in a smile. “Let me know if you want help mopping up the gourd mush, I’ll be in the stacks.” With that, he nodded to the others as well, crooked smile still in place. “Pleasure meetin’ you all.”

He’d respond to any others who said farewells before heading down to the main part of the Atheneum. Possibly to see if there were any histories of Sanctuary while he was there….

~Rance out!~
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415

loren
Thankfully, they finished the last of the tasks soon enough. Wandering over, Loren took a brief look at the bloodstains. Shrugging at Jigano's words, the healer spoke quietly. "You're welcome." He didn't mind helping out in the slightest.

Turning to Sam, the Launceleyn gave the bookmaker a fond smile. "I'll see you soon, hopefully?" There was something almost shy about the question, though he laid his hand on the redhead's shoulder without hesitation. That done, Loren waved goodbye to the Amalia and the Sage. Goodbyes done, he turned to hurry down the stairs, knowing he'd probably already spent too much time lingering in the Hollowed Ground.
Never judge a book by its cover.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:

Sam was more than willing to take on the Atheneum murder case, finding himself rather disturbed by the whole thing and wanting some kind of conclusion. "I'll..ask some questions." He told Jigano then went to leave, eager to get away from the strange scene - he only stopped to say a general goodbye to his fellow Loreseekers and to nod to Loren, a hand on the one on his shoulder.

Samuel
He took a step but then felt tired
He said, I'll rest a little while
But when he tried to walk again
He wasn't a child