the ivory tower is coming down
Remi
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
I swear I never dream that we're alone
It was. It was already done, and that really was the fucking worst of it. Ronin was already preparing to get himself to his feet, to make his way back to the boxing ring, to steel himself against the future days and weeks of awkwardness with Remi. And he was just about to move when his husband's voice, small and quiet, reached his ears. The Dark Star didn't need telling twice; he reached out to take Remi's hand, grasping it tightly in his own, tugging the other man up beside him so he could wrap his free arm around him and pull him closer.

"I can stay," he confirmed, his voice a hoarse rumble in the distant hush of the waves. Taking a shuddering breath and squeezing his eyes shut against another sting of fresh tears, Ronin tried to focus only on Remi. "Gods be fucking damned," he whispered.
the dark star
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
hope keeps us breathing, just to kill us in the end
'If only we had that sort of power.' Remi mumbled. But the idea wasn't just a throw-away comment in the midst of all of this. Somewhere deep inside, some dark mechanism within the alchemist began to turn. Wheels put into motion, gears softly clicking: one day he'd make them pay for all of this. One day he'd be strong enough to stand against them, as Ronin had once told him to do against the Zariah's of the world.

Pressing himself with brutish need against Ronin, shivering as he drew his knees up to his chest, Remi gulped down some hateful sentiment as he looked towards the stars. "None of this is okay." The alchemist said at last, pulling his eyes down from the heavens and looking over his shoulder at Ronin. "But...we are. As much as we can be, considering.." Shrugging against the hunter, the familiarity of the gesture was surprisingly soothing. "It's still just you, for me."
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Mm..." It probably wouldn't be too much of a surprise for Remi to believe that Ronin was considering much the same thing. There was only so much they could take from the world, from the gods, from tragedy and fate. And each time that wheel cranked further, Ronin felt himself stepping closer to seizing control of his own destiny and steering it wildly away from any want or need or expectation, save for Remi. The alchemist pressed close and Ronin held him almost desperately, pressing his cheek against unruly curls and closing his eyes for just a second to imagine nothing had changed.

The relief at hearing that they were okay, if nothing else, was something that left his mouth dry and his head light. Dizzy with it, Ronin opened his eyes to peer down at Remi and nodded to show, at the very least, he understood. "It's only you for me - ever," he said, his voice fierce with a conviction he had never felt before now. "In my dreams or out of them. Serving a goddess or not. You are it for me. And I will make this up to you."
the dark star
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"There's nothing to make up." Remi said sadly, in a tone perhaps reminiscent of Ronin's upon hearing Remi had moronicly asked Loren to kiss him to prove a point. It was resignation and defeat and there was nothing either of them could do. Not until one of them could beat Safrin at her own games, anyway.

Reaching a hand into Ronin's lap that he might somehow tangle himself needily against his partner, Remi closed his eyes tight for a moment as he took a breath. "I can't...be her father, Ronin." He whispered, hazarding a glance into the bluest eyes he'd ever known. "And not just because of how all of this happened. Aoife was.." His voice wavered at that, his expression crumpling and then breaking altogether.

..everything He finished silently, biting back a sob, teeth clenched.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Then I suppose I will just be spoiling you, then," Ronin mumbled. If Remi didn't think there was anything to make up for, then he would find himself the recipient of many a thoughful gesture in the coming... however long. The alchemist could be as needy as he liked - there was absolutely no objection from the Star as his husband nestled closer, Ronin winding his arms around him like he was an anchor to a drowning man.

There was nothing but calm acceptance, now, in Ronin's eyes. He and Remi were together, still - as okay as they could be. There was an innocent child involved, and that was his burden to carry. But there was only understanding for what his counterpart had been through, and Ronin blinked quickly and nodded in agreement. "Yes, she was," he said softly. "She really was."

But Ronin had no choice. The least he could do, though, was spare any further pain for those he cared about. "You don't have to be her father. You don't have to be anything to her, if that's what you would prefer. I'll make it work."
the dark star
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I'll help however I can of course.." Remi mumbled, pressing his forehead against one of Ronin's unshaven cheeks and trying desperately to stretch this moment out for as long as he could. No matter how trying things were now, they were about to become infinitely harder. But here on the beach, with the star's laughter silenced for now, it felt manageable. "I feel like a monster for even saying it, but I..."

Blue eyes, alight with stars. Hands sticky with raspberry jam. Paintings on walls and naps before the hearth.

"...I can't love anyone else. "

Swallowing, his fingers tightening around Ronin in a firm grip for a moment, before softening and stroking the threadbare fabric, Remi barked a hollow sort of laugh. "Where the fuck are we going to live?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"If you're sure," he said softly. "I was prepared for you not to even have to meet her, if that was your preference. I'll still tell her you're my husband." He shrugged, before glancing to Remi as if realising he might not want that. "Unless it's easier not to?" This was utterly uncharted territory, and Ronin was trying so hard to figure it out that only the alchemist's voice managed to unscramble it.

Hugging Remi close, he pressed a kiss to his temple and shook his head. "Doesn't make you a monster at all." Because I feel the same way went unsaid. He didn't know how true it was, based on the fact that he did have another child, like it or not. But it was how he felt for now. "Don't worry about that. I'll figure it out."
the dark star
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi snorted at that. "And who would you tell her I was?" Mildly amused, the implications of what Ronin was saying settled in, and Remi found himself immediately shaking his head. [say"No, tell her. Honesty is all we have now and...if she doesn't know about me, that feels like it means I'm not around."

Humming into the contact, wanting nothing more than to drag Ronin back to the wagon and never let him go, the alchemist nodded his reluctant agreement. "You don't need to tiptoe around me, going forward. I think it will be worse to feel that I"m suddenly left out of your life."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin scoffed, shrugging his shoulders. "I don't know. This is Remi, my fRiEnD. It doesn't cover even a fraction of what you are to me," he murmured, feeling another wave of relief hit him at the alchemist's honesty policy. "I will never let you feel like that," he said, tilting his head to rest it against his partner's. He didn't want to let him go either, especially not now, when this was everything he had craved and needed since the whole debacle at the lighthouse.

Heaving a long sigh that left him feeling raw and bone tired, Ronin stroked a thumb along his husband's shoulder. "I won't, then. You'll be just as much a part of it as you always were, I promise. This will be the only night I don't come home to you." And even then, he sort of had. "...Remi, you must be freezing cold." The remark came with sudden realisation that the alchemist wore nothing but his underwear.
the dark star
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Gods you're a terrible father." Remi joked, perhaps cruelly. Only...it didn't feel like it, because Seren didn't feel real. Ronin wasn't a father again. Just...a a guardian, maybe. That wasn't true, but it was nice to believe in the moment. "Unless you mean for her to think you go around having sex with all of your friends."

With a small laugh, leaning against Ronin, Remi nodded. "I have been for a while, yeah. Didn't seem worth doing anything about, though." Building a fire, conjuring a blanket, or worse—leaving. Cold was nothing amidst this.

"I don't think either of us will sleep much tonight but..thank you for not waiting. To tell me."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"I know." Ronin's voice was only quiet; joke or no joke, Seren or no Seren, Ronin still felt like a terrible father, and it was all to do with the little white grave marker up near the lighthouse. He scoffed, shaking his head. "No, I don't mean for that at all. You're my husband, and that's how she'll come to know you." It was decided. Not an extra father, not another parent at all. Just the man Ronin loved to death.

The fact that Remi was wearing very little only gave Ronin the excuse to pull him ever closer, and he watched the waves as they lapped at the shore as if this moment might stretch out forever. "I couldn't wait," he said. "You needed to know, and I just... needed you." He shrugged.
the dark star
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Well i'm glad to hear I don't suddenly have to become one of those controlling husbands." Remi had given Ronin a hall-pass to be sure, but that wasn't the same as letting him sleep with just everyone.

Right? More on that later, probably

Sighing against Ronin then, not knowing which of them was meant to be the rock for the other, he closed his eyes. Ronin's pulse against his finger, the warmth of him against his skin was all he could ask for just now. "I'll love you for forever and a day." Remi whispered, his voice not needing to carry given how close his lips were to Ronin's ear. Already his anger was almost entirely gone; the weight of what had happened would remain, but he loved the Dark Star far too much to linger on things that couldn't be changed.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Even if you did, I wouldn't care," Ronin murmured, closing his eyes to listen to Remi and the world whisper around them. Controlling or not, Ronin would still love the alchemist to the end of the world and back. It didn't matter to him, whether he was leaning on his counterpart or the other way around; their meeting had given him the kind of comfort he had never thought to expect, and tomorrow did not seem quite as impossible as before.

"Then I think I'll be just fine," he replied, having to blink his eyes open to stop himself from falling asleep then and there. "I'll come down to the beach in the morning, okay? It'll be sunrise soon, so it's not long."
the dark star
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The words hummed Remi out of a near-slumber as well. Cold as he was, painful as his life was about to become, he was so completely comfortable there on the beach, wrapped up in nothing but Ronin and sea breeze.

"You let me know what you need too, yeah?" The alchemist prompted, nudging Ronin into a more-straight position that Remi might seek out his blue gaze. Much of this conversation (all?) had been about Remi and his feelings. But Ronin had been just as blindsided by all of this, just as unwilling a participant. Worse even, given the obligation and responsibility now sleeping somewhere near boxing gloves and alcohol.