rura [se]
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
& now I'm all alone in the dark of night
Not real. It wasn't real. A nightmare. Of course it was.

It had to be.

Glancing down distractedly at the kitten but not reaching for her, he looked up at Delphia with rather ashen cheeks. "I don't.." know? But of course he did, because of course he had. Sweeping the back of his hand against his eyes and trying to breathe more steadily, he eventually nodded. "Yes, probably. My...daughter was killed not so long ago. Things haven't been the same since." He admitted reluctantly.
The moon is shining but I can't see the light
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
She hummed low, lips curving in a frown. "Losing a child is the greatest pain a person can suffer. Even Mort mourns for them." she said, earnest in her empathy for his position. Children were precious. They were the bright, resplendent beginning of all Vi made. To die before life could be experienced was the greatest of travesties. Reacting to her sorrow, Tishy clambered up onto Remi's lap, purring against his chest.

"Sometimes, when we carry such things with us, that is what is reflected to us, rather than reality." Delphia explained. "How long has it been?"
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
'How the fuck would you know." Remi spits suddenly, glaring at Delphia with the eyes of a wounded animal. 'I don't care who or what Mort mourns.' He added in a far softer voice, lips curling in a snarl as he shakes his head. How nice for a god of infinite means to feel poorly when someone died. How nice for him to be comforted by knowledge of everything, to watch life slip into death but still be able to engage with the souls of the lost.

Grumbling unhappily, letting his grief spill from his shoulders in unhappy waves, the alchemist merely shook his head. "A...year, maybe." He muttered, finding the slow march of time suddenly hard to pin down. When last had he seen the fox?
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
"I don't." Delphia said, unphased by Remi's anger and grief. It was expected. It was human. It was part of what made him glorious and unique as one of Vi's creations. "But only a fool could look upon you and think it anything else." she added simply. And whether he cared what Mort thought or not did not matter. His pain was real and deep, and she acknowledged its validity. That, she had found, meant far more to a person in mourning than any words of comfort or placation.

She hummed and nodded as he confirmed the length of time, mind whirring as she tried to think of ways to help in the moment. She couldn't fix his grief, but she could perhaps better prep him for the Wonder Puddle. "Perhaps if you do a simple cleansing ritual to remove some of this negativity weighing your mind and soul, it will give you a clearer vision if reality in the pool. I can help you with this, if you'd like."
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"I think what most people who look upon me and think is, I better not say something as stupid as 'there is no greater pain..' etcetera, etcetera." Or whatever it was she'd said.

Most would know to keep their platitudes to themselves.

A cleansing ritual though? That sounded...well, bizarre, honestly and Remi wasn't sure it was at all what he wanted. Especially not from a stranger. "Look, I appreciate you helping me find the puddle, but I was an idiot to think I could stare into a bit of water and get anything out of it." Standing and swallowing hard, he just shook his head again. "And I'm sure you know more about this than I do, but a simple cleansing ritual is not going to wash this off."

It was bone-deep now, his grief. Though Remi had let his madness go, the despair that Aoife's death had brought was a cancer, festering deep in the marrow of his being.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Her head tilted a bit, surprised by his words. It was a response she certainly hadn't expected. "Why is that?" she asked curiously.

She shrugged a little at his comment about the puddle. "Not an idiot, but perhaps unlucky." she said. As Remi stood, the Cat Sith kitten slipped off, but contented herself with rubbing against his ankles, purring loudly. "You are correct a simple cleansing ritual will not do terribly much but..." Delphia's gaze turned a little skeptical, eyes narrowing ever so slightly. "If I told you there were ways to help heal and assuage these wounds and feelings...would you do it?"
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"Because it's an unhelpful bit of bullshit, and I've heard enough sentiments of sympathy for a lifetime. As the demigoddess of death, or whatever you are, I'd think you'd be a bit more aware of just how useless that type of thing is."

Not an idiot, just unlucky. He almost laughed at that, given how easily it could apply to his entire time here in Caido.

"If I believed you, I might. But I don't." He replied flatly, sweeping a hand across his eyes and then eventually letting his fingers wind through his curls.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Delphia raised a brow, letting him have his rant. "I see." she said, considering for a moment. "You you rather I lean on that then, my divine half, and tell you that this hurt you feel is nothing but your own doing? That your child rests with Mort and will know not a day without the fullness of his adoration? Or that your mouring and internal turmoil and suffering is for naught, indicative of your own selfish want for a child, knowing she would suffer more in life than she ever will in death?" she asked, tilting her head to the side. "Because you see, I have found those truths far less acceptable to most than placation."

He didn't believe her. No surprise there. "I see. If you change your mind...the offer shall always stand."
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
Surprised by this sudden turn, Remi found himself standing a touch straighter—though whether it was out of defiance or respect was impossible to say. Biting the inside of his lip and narrowing his eyes thoughtfully, Remi found that yes, he did actually prefer this version of her. Or at least, this version of her pandering.

"I always prefer the truth." The alchemist said after a moment, lowering his gaze with a soft sigh. Swallowing, and considering for a moment, the ghost of a bitterly sad smile tugged at his lips for a moment before he forced it away. "That it's selfish...that doesn't make me miss her any less. Your...er, Ludo told me the importance of memories, especially of those who are gone. But it's all too fresh still. I can't think of her without it hurting. Without wanting to say that yes, fairness and happiness be damned, that I want her back."
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Surprise was writ clear on her features as Remi seemed to still, come to attention, and his anger simmer to something more...at ease? Accepting? It was very strange and unlike most grieving people she had met. But the surprise soon melting into a loving - albeit amused - expression. "I see. No wonder Ludo chose you as their helper. Not many prefer the truth in the face of death." she said a bit wistfully.

But Delphia fell silent once again as Remi spoke of his feelings, his child, Ludo's words...none of it a terrible surprise save for the exact details. Overall, his situation was not that unique. "Memories are important. But so is practicing letting go." she said, shrugging a bit. "That is what most do not understand about grief. It is not that it gets easier the more times you are hurt, but that hopefully, you learn how to let go of the destructive aspects of it more quickly. That is really what my ritual does, for very few rituals are more than a comforting routine." At least that was the case for most people, since very few lacked the sort of powers she had.

"And whether you let go today, or five years from now, there will be consequences for holding onto the destructive parts of your pain. When the time comes that your memories no longer pain you, will you be happy with yourself and those around you, or will you have regrets?" she asked.
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"What else is there, in the face of death?" Only the alchemist wasn't waxing poetic; Remi was being brutally honest. He'd taken lives and had done so under the curtain of illusion and it had made him feel sick. Knowing about death didn't need to be terrifying, but being lied to about it certainly was.

The alchemist raised a brow slightly at that, before shrugging with an entirely willful expression on his face. "I did quite enjoy the destructive aspects. It was...cleansing, in its own way." Like scrubbing a wound that was beginning to fester. It hurt and looked like violence, but what emerged was cleaner. More ready to heal.

"There is only one around me I care about." Remi remarked solemnly. "And he and I...there will never be any regrets."
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
"Lies, of course." she said with a bit of a shrug. How many souls had she recovered that had wandered the earth, crazed and confused, believing themselves still alive because certainly they could not be dead. For some death was more terrifying than falsehoods.

Delphia nodded her head as he spoke, agreeing so far with his words. "The destruction is part of it. In order to renew we must first destroy what we once were." she said a bit wistfully. Just as the plants died and laid dormant through Leafchange and Deepfrost, so they could be reborn and thrive in Flowerbirth and Longheat. Remi seemed still caught somewhere in the former two, though the demigoddess was unsure how far he was in his journey.

"Only one you care about?" she said, with a bit of surprise. She hummed low, considering it, and finding it did not sit well on her heart. To only care for one of Vi and Rae's creations in the aftermath of his grief? "Was that always so?"
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
The alchemist considered this for a moment, before conceding the point with a nod. "Lies. Yes." He agreed under his breath, in a tired voice.

"Forest fires cleansing the way for new life, dead bodies fertilizing the ground and all that?" Truly, Remi didn't mean to be as contemptible as he was being, but it was coming to him so easily. "I do know what you're saying, but you'll have to forgive me for not being comforted by sentiments of pain makes you stronger, or pain is a sign of healing or whatever else."

Running his hands up and against his eyes, Remi sighed into his palms. "Only one." He replied definitively before his hands fell back towards his sides and he met the demigoddess's stare easily. "No, it wasn't."