rura [se]
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
& now I'm all alone in the dark of night
Ronin had mentioned the puddles and what they might reveal. Remi hadn't bothered with them when he lived in the Grounds and had access to the Greatwood. Now though, reeling from the arrival of Seren so soon after the loss of Aoife, Remi let himself believe that Ludo's woods might be kind to him.

It was a laughable thought, and yet here he was just the same.

It was far cooler here than in Torchline, and the afternoon found Remi adorned in a knit-sweater with holes in the elbows and around the collar. Moths probably, or crabs. He didn't know nor care. The mulch and needles groaned softly beneath the weight of his body, his feet unused to being in shoes once again.
The moon is shining but I can't see the light
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
The spirits shifted, the paths twisted...indeed, an interesting someone had entered the wood.

Silvery eyes opened, blinking slowly as she took in the scene around her. Tishy, napping in a shady spot by her side in front of her yurt, the trees swaying before her, and the spirits whispering. "Ludo's helper...loath but true...Seeks wondrous puddles..what will you do?" The words only she could hear were but whispers on the wind, coming from no one spirit or soul. What would she do, knowing a helper of her beloved Ludo was about? Delphia rose, making no move to pick up the things she had strewn about from her ritual.

Why she would go of course! (Much to the napping kitten's displeasure who perched herself upon her companion's shoulders.

The trees made a clear path for her, as they usually were wont to do, guiding her where Remi had wandered within the woods. "So you are Ludo's helper. Welcome." she said with a warm, loving smile upon seeing the fair-haired man.
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
The alchemist glanced up as he was spoken to, his sea-glass gaze falling over the woman who'd nearly drowned in the sea. 'I prefer Remi.' He replied, straightening slightly. Where once the demigoddess would have been met with a boyish and sunny smile, now the alchemist merely regarded her without emotion.

Though Ronin wasn't a 'natural' demigod, or whatever the terminology was, knowing him had certainly taken some of the prestige away from the race, whether rightly or wrongly. So instead of fumbling to his knees as he might once have done, trying to figure out the appropriate posture of worship for such a being, Remi merely nodded a stiff hello.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
"Remi." she repeated, smiling at him lovingly. "It is good to finally meet you under...less deadly circumstances." she said with a light laugh. The sound, almost hollow in the haunting way it echoed in the wood, seeming out of place coming from a living person. She stepped closer them, looking at him more closely. "You remind me of Ludo, the way your face sets into a mask, hiding what you really think and feel." she commented, head tilting slight, still looking at him with an adoring gaze.

"You came looking for the Wonder Puddles, yes?" she said, more as a statement, since this was what the spirits had alluded to.
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"You say that as if we are not standing in Ludo's woods. It might be a safe place for you. For me though?" Who knew.

As she nears, the alchemist gives her a slightly skeptical look. Standing up straighter as if being appraised for auction, he barks a hollow laugh at her assessment of him. "I think and feel lots of things. Doesn't mean they need to be writ upon my face." He countered smoothly.

Not surprised she knew of his intentions here, given where here was and who she was, Remi just gave a nod. "I am, yes. Know of any nearby?"
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
She laughed again in amusement. "Ludo must have scared you very much. They must find it amusing. But fear not, you are safe here with me." she said, shrugging a bit.

As she spoke, from within her oversized sweater a black kitten poked up their head. Tishy blinked wide orange eyes, watching Remi curiously. The corner's of Delphia's eyes crinkled as if she might smile at his words. "I believe Ludo would agree." she said.

"I know of a few, yes. I can take you to one. What information is it you seek?" she said, turning to take the lead. As she did, the woods began to shift, the paths twisting and aligning to give her and Remi passage.
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
To this, the alchemist said nothing. He'd long given up on immediate trust or taking the word of anyone who wasn't Ronin.

"Obviously that's why we get on so well." Remi replied, accented voice twisting with sarcasm as he looked towards the dark kitten within the sweatshirt. Reaching out with his mind, the barrier between he and it suggested it was a companion, or a mythical creature, or both.

"Oh you know, the usual garbage. What my future holds. If I'll meet a handsome stranger who will change my life, if I should take up jogging." So saying, the alchemist followed behind the demigoddess, fully aware that any and all of this might be some sort of trap, but caring very little one way or another if it was.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Tishy's eyes twitched, the shadows building around her a bit as if she may have felt his attempt. Or she was just a cat and was twitchy like cats are apt to be. Even as Delphia turned, the kitten climbed up on her shoulder, tail flicking as she watched the alchemist follow along. "My, don't need to be psychic to sense the sarcasm in that tone." Delphia said with a hint of a smirk, though Remi likely couldn't see it.

"I see. Well I do hope that it cooperates with you." she said softly, leading the way through the winding trees. "Wonder puddles can be terribly fickle." she explained. Time was very subjective in the Greatwood, as paths lengthened and shrank at the will of the wood, and soon enough the pair found themselves in a small clearing. In the center was the large puddle of water that Remi had been seeking.
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
'I thought psychics predicted the future.' Remi muttered, wondering how it was that Delphia moved so soundlessly through the trees, and why they parted so easily for her. Child of Mort though she might be, the alchemist thought perhaps Ludo jealous enough to guard its woods from everyone. Apparently not. Or perhaps being near-kin simply afforded the demigoddess certain luxuries.

"So I've heard." He agreed, feeling as though he was wandering through a maze until it finally opened into a rather lovely little clearing. Blinking at the opalescent puddle in the center of it, Remi swallowed uncertainly. Glancing at Delphia over his shoulder, he took a hesitant step forward before stopping.

"Can I...ask it things? To be shown something specific?"
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
"Psychic, medium, seer, oracle - I have found all the words used to describe those with abilities involving the dead and time and the divine to be interchangeable in colloquial use." she said with a bit of a shrug. She didn't get hung up on that for that exact reason. Was she a seer? And oracle? A medium? It didn't really matter in the end. She was what she was, and whichever people liked to use to describe whatever abilities was neither here nor there.

The demigoddess stopped in her tracks to let Remi step forward to view his future in some semblance of privacy. Tishy on the other hand drifted between realms, appearing suddenly across the puddle from Remi, tail flicking back and forth as she stared at her own reflection in the water. Delphia clasped her hands behind her back and smiled warmly at the alchemist, nodding ever so slightly. "Ask it whatever you wish, and project your wish and intention from your soul into the space around you. Let the will of the spirits help coax your wish from the puddle." she said whimsically.
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
The alchemist grumbled a bit at that, but it was mostly under his breath. He found speaking with Delphia...strange, not that it mattered.

Narrowing his eyes slightly at the kitten, his more predatory instincts finding the tiny carnivore a more welcome sight than her bonded, Remi glanced over his shoulder as Delphia continued to speak. "You know none of that makes any sort of sense." He hummed, before looking back at the wavering water.

Project his wish? His soul's intention? Come on now. What was he meant to do with that?

Even so, he sort of did as he was instructed. Kneeling down that he might gaze into the puddle more easily, the alchemist swallowed, watching his own reflection warble and then disappear. "Ianto." He whispered, assuming that the spirits didn't need him to go shouting his intentions. "Where are you?"

Angry spirits or a bad connection between his soul and the puddle; Remi wouldn't know what caused the waters to turn blackish and reveal what it did. He saw in the waters claws pulling at the fox's face, blue eyes plucked from his skull and stuck onto fingers that had their nails torn off. The fox's coppery locks were cut from his head and burned.

Feeling bile rising in the back of his throat as his stomach flopped, the alchemist shoved himself back from the puddle, feeling his heartbeat race and his pulse drum haphazardly in his ears. Somewhere Ronin would feel this frantic beat against his finger.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Delphia laughed, the haunted, hollow tenor of it echoing through the trees. "That which is new to us rarely makes sense." she countered, amused with his directness. Tishy looked back up at him, unintimidated but equally respectful of the other cat-human-thing before her. She meowed up at him, the shadows around her flaring a bit as her tail flicked. There she remained at the edge of the puddle until Remi went reeling back. The kitten hissed and arched up, shadows stretching as wide and tall as she could make them, surprised by the sudden movement.

The demigoddess was equally taken aback, but instead of freezing she went forward, far more used to working through surprise than her kitten was. "What did you see?" she asked in concern, kneeling down next to him.
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
"Well, that isn't true." Remi countered back. He was actually rather good at picking up new things and understanding them. He'd literally built a career around it.

Watching Tishy with eyes that flickered to a predator gold, the alchemist's senses more or less went numb as the horror of what he saw engulfed him: he didn't hear the kitten's cries nor did he see the shadows stretch long around her.

Gritting his teeth and swallowing hard, wanting to vomit and scream and cry and punch something hard enough to tear the flesh from his knuckles, Remi instead shook his head briskly. Releasing a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding, he tried to find the words to answer Delphia's question but found them utterly lacking.

"Just a lie. I heard the puddles can show anything. Nightmares. Things that aren't real. That's what it was."

Because that's what it had to be.
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
Oh, and the nightmares that puddles could show. Delphia had seen them before herself, usually images of Mort himself being destroyed in some awful manner. Gently, she placed a hand on Remi's back. A small comfort, a tiny reminder he was not alone. "Yes, they can be cruel that way." she said softly, brows furrowing a bit.

Tishy came scampering over then as well, purring and rubbing against Remi's ankles, shadows wrapping around them in an embrace only a cat sith could give. "Have you been harboring hard feelings? Anger, grief, guilt?" Delphia asked quietly, wondering if perhaps his own soul had caused the puddle to twist to match his own state of mind, or if it was simply in a finicky mood.
DELPHIA

Coding base by Sky!