Training a blade in the fire
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I've embraced the torch passed to me
owned what I've been called to be
When Weaver stops fighting, so does she; the realization that it’s over bringing a satisfied smile to her face. And when the two women stop the fire-stuff, Loki scampers across the sands, loudly chiding Wessex for a number of things. She squats down to pick the dark little lizard up, stroking her body while she tries to explain the situation. “Alright. Yes, I’m sorry for scaring you. But I do these things from time to time and you can’t interfere, understand? You could have gotten hurt.” An outraged screech comes from her companions mouth, as if to throw it back - no, you could have gotten hurt.

Shaking her head and offering Loki a perch on her shoulder, Wessex remembers that Weaver asked a question. Turning, the demigod offers a shrug. “Sorry, Loki is still a baby. She hasn’t seen enough fights to know when I’m actually in danger and when I’m not.” So saying, she turns her head to dragonling’s face - its golden eyes seem to flash a bit of something as if to fight back, but the growls subside. “Loki, this is Weaver. She’s a friend. Weaver, this is my companion Loki.”

Oh yes, the fire. Making a face, the Wraith finds she can’t answer the question. “I mostly just thought about a ‘no fire’ zone around me. Like a little bubble. Not sure how exactly it worked. I’m probably the last person who can theorize on the mechanics of magic.” She’ll want a scholar for that sort of thing. Wessex is just a do-er.

{I\'M SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG}
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
It’s not dying I’m afraid of
Weaver is vaguely tempted to flop down in the sand and just lie there, though she doesn’t given that she cannot quite bring herself to do so in front of the demi-god. Still, Weaver is exhausted from the fight, and she pays only some vague amount of attention as Wessex has a conversation with her little dragon. A conversation of a sort, anyway, and there’s something rather adorable about it, though Weaver busies herself collecting her scythe until the conversation is directed at her.

”Nice to meet you, Loki. Sorry about the fireball.” Hopefully the little dragonling wouldn’t hold a grudge and would understand that when you attack, there’s some repercussions. Weaver wasn’t exactly in the mood to get blasted off her feet any more than Wessex had already managed.

Wessex answers, and Weaver chuckles slightly. ”I’ve never been the greatest student of theory, though perhaps I should try harder.” She lived off instinct as Wessex appeared to, just trying to figure it out as she goes along.

weaver

it’s dying without ever having lived

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
I've embraced the torch passed to me
owned what I've been called to be
Loki turns her head towards weaver and tilts it a bit, as if considering the words; without much more than a blink from the dragonling, it’s hard to tell what she’s feeling. A mild indifference, perhaps, or whatever a lack of animosity is to the little lizard. The other isn’t her bonded and it offered no food, so there can be little investment right now. Maybe when she’s older - but for now the onyx-scaled creature settles herself around Wessex’s neck and and the demigoddess shrugs in half apology for her behavior.

“Eh. Maybe. It can probably help with some things, but you seem to be doing pretty okay without it.” Looking around at the beach, the Wraith can imagine how hot it is outside. She’s not particularly tired, but remembers what it was like (not that long ago, lady, don’t forget where you came from). Offering a hand to Weaver, she pairs it with a sly smile. “Want a ride back Haulani? Fair warning, it might back you dizzy and feel… unsettled the first time.”
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
It’s not dying I’m afraid of
She’ll take indifference. That’s fine. It’s far better than having another energy blast chucked her way. There’s nothing wrong with a truce, so Weaver only chuckles slightly at the half-shrug Wessex offers. ”As long as we aren’t enemies,” she says with a wry smile.

Weaver’s brow shoots up just slightly at the offer. She’s seen Wessex pop in and out of existence, a trick that seems like a very handy one. Though she has never seen her do it with someone else, so it’s possible Wessex has yet another trick. Or it’s possible that she can simply bring a friend along for the ride. Either way, Weaver doesn’t mind being surprised. She takes Wessex’s hand with a nod. ”Sounds vaguely like being drunk,” she says with a wink. Agreement enough.

(finished)

weaver

it’s dying without ever having lived