seeing a man about a cat
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
our sins are washed away
The Ark was docked again, which meant Saiden was mostly left to his own devices. After he'd put in his order for more supplies with Jiao, he'd gone in search of Eloise, but she proved elusive. So he'd grabbed a fishing rod and his box of tackle and set out down the Ahi Coast. He was shirtless, dressed only in a pair of shorts and sandals, with a knife and a cutlass strapped to his waist, and a small bag on his back.

It didn't take him long to come upon a deserted little pool, with just a small opening to the ocean. Setting his box down, he threaded a fishhook onto the end of his line. Then he speared a worm onto the end of the hook. Holding the rod in his hands, he flicked it into the center of pool. It splashed down, and he settled in to wait, the very picture of patience.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
you're my sunshine, you're my rain,
you're all i've lost yet all i've gained
Pim was dutifully as her side as the duo made their way to Torchline. He carried a little pack, similar to the one Phoebe wore on her own back, all filled with things to trade in case they were needed. After Remi's pseudo-warning, the dragonling was not about to let his companion traipse about the sunny world without protection. No way, no sir-ee - Frey's chosen would come to no harm while he was on duty!

Phoebe on the otherhand was far more preoccupied with trying to find someone who looked like they might have the information she sought. As they walked the shoreline, brown eyes eventually spotted a man who - based on the tan he sported - most certainly had to be a local. "Excuse me! Can you answer something for me?" she called out as she approached.
hello darkness, goodbye light
PHOEBE
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
our sins are washed away
As the woman called out, Saiden glanced over at her. ”Keep your voice down, you’ll scare away the fishes.” His voice came out in a lazy, but quiet, drawl. As he spoke, his eyes swept over her before dipping down to the small dragon by her side.

Inspection done, he glanced back out to his line. ”Is that the question? If not, I suppose it depends on the actual question.” He laughed, the sound bright and cheerful. ”And on what you’re willing to give me in exchange for the information.” He winked at her, though the expression was playful rather than anything flirtatious. Still, his eyes smoldered as they stared directly into hers.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe blinked as she was told to keep her voice down, glancing at the water. Could the fish really hear her under the waves like that? "Sorry." she said in a softer voice, finally getting close enough to not need to speak so loud to be heard. Pim eyed the man just as carefully as he was examined. A low growl rumbled from the dragonling's chest, wings stretching wide momentarily. Just a warning, for now, that the male-human had best not try anything sneaky while he was at Phoebe's side.

The smoldering gaze he pinned her with was unexpected, and for a moment she fell silent from surprise. But she had been held in such gazes before, and they did not immobilize her quite so easily as they once did. "I am hoping you can tell me about the creatures known as Sear Cats." she said, gripping the straps of her bag. "I have an assortment of medicines to trade." she added.
PHOEBE
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
our sins are washed away
Nodding to acknowledge her apology, Saiden returned his gaze to the water. Pointedly ignoring the dragonling's grumbles, the cook just held the fishing rod in a firm, but easy, grip. Humming at her question, he glanced briefly at her before looking back at his line. "I might be able to tell you a bit about Sear Cats." He nodded slowly again, though a smirk danced on his lips.

"However, on the off chance I didn't need your medicines, I'm curious what else you might have to offer." His voice was still soft, but quite intrigued. As his eyes slid slightly towards her, still watching his hook out of his peripheral vision, he arched an eyebrow.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Well at least he knew about the cats she was seeking information about. Though she was getting a sinking feeling in her stomach that it wouldn't be so easy to get said information from him...and as he continued to speak her suspicions were confirmed. Her expression fell, clearly unamused though unsurprised. Remi had indicated that this might be the sort of thing men in Torchline would chase after. "Well if you don't need them, you could always trade or sell them for things you do need." she said with a shrug.

Pim growled again as the man continued to eye Phoebe, not liking the vibes he was getting either. "And if by 'what else' you mean a sexual favor, I am afraid you'll have to ask your hand about that." she added, crossing her arms.
PHOEBE
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
our sins are washed away
Grunting, Saiden felt a tug on his line. He pulled it back, but it turned out to be a false alarm, so he cast it back into the water again. "Could do that. But I'm actually good on medicines. Anything else?" Again, he spoke softly, not taking his eyes off his task.

Laughing at her response, the sound bright and cheerful, Saiden shook his head. "Who said anything about sex? Besides you, of course." Grinning at her, he let out another laugh. "Don't get me wrong, you're a fine looking woman, but I prefer partners who are actually into me." He arched an eyebrow, clearly amused at where her mind had wandered.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe sighed and shook her head. "I'm afraid that's all I have. I'm a healer and midwife by trade." she said. She had no other real craft or trade-worthy goods considering her greatest asset was her skill, not an object she produced. Her eyes watched the line flick in then back out, wondering what sort of fish he planned to catch this close to shore.

Though she might've been embarrassed, she felt herself relax instead when realizing that sex had not been what he had implied. "You'll have to forgive me, I was warned that was going to be a common thing I'd be asked for." she said with a shrug. "Apparently you're a rare breed of Torcher then...which I appreciate." He was a very handsome man, but she wasn't here looking for that. As Frey had said, she needed to cool the romance button for a bit, and that meant being intentional for her.
PHOEBE
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
our sins are washed away
Saiden continued to grin. "That's not all you have." Tone amused, he looked her in the eyes and winked playfully. "You've got two hands, two feet, and everything in that pretty little head of yours." Looking back at the water, he started to whistle softly.

However, he had to laugh again at her observation. "I'm definitely a rare breed, thanks for noticing." Yes, his voice was self-satisfied, but he still made no move towards her.

Instead, he just whistled for a little longer before smiling. "I'm still a Torchliner, though. You want information? You'll have to offer me a fair trade in exchange. Either information or a favor, take your pick."
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Her head tilted to the side, confusion clear on her face. Two hands, two feet, and the information in her head? But all she could do with that had to do with medicine, and he had turned that down. Pim though was growing impatient and the dragonling growled, stretching is wings wide.

"I don't know what sort of information or favors you'd want, so I can't really make an offer." she said, eyes narrowing a bit. "What sort of things would you want to know?"
PHOEBE
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
our sins are washed away
"Mmmmm." It was a considered hum, though Saiden glanced at the dragonling and arched an eyebrow, clearly not impressed by its threats. The cook's gaze returned to the woman. Grinning, he whistled a few notes before looking back out at the ocean.

Only then did he begin to speak, voice quiet, but clearly amused. "Not sure yet. But tell you what. You offer to answer my questions at a later date, whatever they might be, and I will answer your questions right now. Seems fair, aye?" Then, though, something tugged on his line. He tugged right back, though it took a few tries before he managed to reel in a decent sized tuna.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe considered, head tilting to the side. It didn't seem a terrible trade really. She wasn't the sort that had anything to hide, so really what was the harm in it? After a few moments of thought, the midwife finally nodded. "Alright. I can agree to those terms." she said with a small smile. It was still a bit unsettling that he could ask whatever he wanted whenever he wanted and anticipate an honest answer...but there were many worse things he could have asked for.

Besides, he would have to travel an awful long way to find her if he ever wanted to cash in anyways.
PHOEBE
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Change author:
our sins are washed away
Saiden smiled. ”Spit or blood? Also, what’s your name and where are you from?” Holding out his hand, he gave her an expectant look.

Regardless of how she decided to seal the deal, he’d soon become busy with his fish. Holding up the end of the line, he grabbed its body as it continued to flop. Wiggling out the fishhook, he unsheathed his knife. Then he brained it with the pommel of the dagger. It went limp in his hand and he put it in the small bag at his side.

Putting the blade away, he dusted off his hands. "So. What did you want to know?"
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
"Uhm...just a handshake works for me, honestly." she said, offering her hand as he did. "Phoebe Steadman. I live in the Hollowed Ground." she said. But she fell silent as he dealt with the fish, which Pim eyes with great curiousity. Fish was yummy. He liked eating fish. He very much wanted the fish. But Phoebe-Frey's-chosen-meal-ruiner made clear through their bond that he was not to steal the fish.

"Anything you know about the Sear Cats. All I know is that they can talk a bit and like Hel." Phoebe said.
PHOEBE